💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP and the decay of the popstar

Gagas love

Featured Posts

Super Natural
33 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

ARTPOP wasn't planned to fail, it just did. (Mostly due to Troy's firing)

didnt he quit?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Gagas love said:

But the rumor stated that Interscope said no to the whole album, wasn't pop enough. So gaga made ARTPOP to shut them up; a super POP MAINSTREAM PRODUCED album that was almost satirical in its message. and slowly she introduced the decay through the monster vision videos where she clearly says shes rewriting her rules of fame and popstar.

"ARTPOP came out of a person who is intensely creative and rebellious that's trapped in a cage." Gaga herself said this.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Gagas love

you guys look at the facts: she released a video for "stop the drama, start the music"

the hip thing..... lets be honest.... did it rreeeeeallllly happen?

I feel gaga is a true art performance piece and the whole story is a lie. but like she says, its much more honest than reality because in a way, it tells her experiences in life through metaphorical art pieces such as the SXSW one. gaga is her artistic reality. So for example im not denying her rape story.... but what if it was about her feeling raped as an artist by def jam and then left there after it all, where she became suicidal and got hgh one night and made a huge scene? hence the marry the night video ....

Troy, that was weird...

taylor... that was weird too. weird ass relationship, never believed it. it was all part of ARTPOP. 

see from the beginning, gaga has been backed by a team called haus of gaga, and together they create this pop artist experience for us. she knows fame, and she knew she had to keep her life separate. when we dont see her, shes stefani germanotta, living life with her loved ones. When we do see her, like on stage, shes gaga. Hence her famous quote "my friends joke that im dead and im alive on when im performing". 

Explain to me about an article pre btw era, or during i forgot. They go backstage to see gaga and gaga goes to introduce her bf but then they say someone stopped her to save her from herself. she knows if she spoke of her lover publicly, things happen. She also once said that she knows that with enough money, you hire great security who can make sure no one sees you

She is smarter than yall seem to think . you guys view her as a celebrity singer. but shes a theatrical art performer. the epitome of theater. the world truly is her stage. and if you think she doesnt know that every move is analyzed and she has been using it for her advantage, then yall seriously truly dont know who youre following.

Alot is staged.

Also, Tony Bennet described his first meet with her when he walked over and she was smoking a cig and she says "this isnt even a real cigarette". thats why she can be a chameleon, she understands gaga is a canvas. where youre not judging the art as if it was stefani.

If she was able to be a huge mystery  and we never knew that perez and her had a serious issue before she put it out there, then yes she can create a perfect illusion of a life.

I cant wait till that is one day seen :D just like the world will see her rock style. hope i didnt bore you guys or annoy. 

lol, 

53 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Well self saboutage isn't always planned, but this was due to fail either way. More or less floppy still a fail

Gagas love
17 minutes ago, Resquid said:

"ARTPOP came out of a person who is intensely creative and rebellious that's trapped in a cage." Gaga herself said this.

yup. rebellion pop culture. she wasnt criticized for ARTPOP, she was being criticized the whole career until born this way really upset her. Come on, you mean to tell me the era went shitty cause she let it? its her art, she would never let that happen to her art. Do what u want was a song about rape, in a way, and she chose somene the world said was a rapist? and then the video does poorly? and then she shuns the public and her fans as a big f u i dont need you, let me show you how ima change the fan to artist culture.

and pay attention, this time her project isnt the popstar, its the fans.

Gagas love
45 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

never forget this mourning moment

omg exactly. you get it.

i hate when people analyze her as a celeb. shes not basic. shes an artist who pays attention to details. 

pop culture was in art, now arts in pop culture IN HER.

Warhol did it, and she is still doing it. 

Gagas love
40 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't think she underperformed on purpose. Applause leaked, she had issues with her management, she couldn't release the video for her second video, she released G.U.Y that she funded herself and then went on tour with one performance of the single on David Letterman.

It also felt like maybe she was being held back. To me it felt almost stagnant. She had done the electro-pop, avant garde outfits, choreographed routines and polished music videos before. She talked about working within a box and after C2C revealed that she couldn't write music like she used too...

I mean read her Billboard interview:

"I couldn’t write for two f---ing years. For ARTPOP, I was doing beats instead. I didn’t want to be near that damn [piano]. It was too emotional. I would start to play and sing, and my mind would go, ‘You are way too talented for this ****. F---, your voice sounds good. F---, that’s a beautiful chord. F---, that’s an amazing lyric. Why are you letting these people run you into the ground? When did you become the fashionable robot?’ Can’t being an artist be enough? Is talent ever the thing?"

"It speaks volumes to me that I’m being recognized as Woman of the Year in 2015,” says Gaga. “This is the year I did what I wanted instead of trying to keep up with what I thought everyone else wanted from me.”"

I think with ARTPOP she was trying to rebel within a very certain box she had been placed in. She was torn between trying to make music that she thought the fans/record label/management wanted and making something really less focused on the charts. You could even see it during the writing process, I remember her being like "I know I can write a song better than Bad Romance"  and calling ARTPOP TFM's rave sister.

I was worried that LG5 would be going down the same path when she was working with RedOne early, I was like "Noo Gaga, I don't want you to do the same thing forever, I became a fan because I could see the creativity in you and the potential for you to transform and go in 100,00 different directions".

It's encouraging seeing her image transform and seeing her working with Ronson, Kevin Parker and BloodPop. It feels like she is finally focusing on making the exact music she wants to make without compromise and it feels like she is no longer focused on trying to recreate her past work, she just wants to write cool music.

you dont think that the very message of ARTPOP isnt describing what im saying? lol

Rebellion

ARTPOP was called a project. It was more than an album. she said it in a video way early on in the pre era stage.

yall she released aura, come on. she ****ing rocked out to the leak at a lounge ` club. the only "fails" are lifes randomness, but dont take gaga for more than art, thats why when she spoke at yale, she was speaking as stefani. on the set of ahs shes stefani, not a global popstar. am I the onlY one seeing this?

Super Natural
15 minutes ago, Gagas love said:

you guys look at the facts: she released a video for "stop the drama, start the music"

the hip thing..... lets be honest.... did it rreeeeeallllly happen?

I feel gaga is a true art performance piece and the whole story is a lie. but like she says, its much more honest than reality because in a way, it tells her experiences in life through metaphorical art pieces such as the SXSW one. gaga is her artistic reality. So for example im not denying her rape story.... but what if it was about her feeling raped as an artist by def jam and then left there after it all, where she became suicidal and got hgh one night and made a huge scene? hence the marry the night video ....

Troy, that was weird...

taylor... that was weird too. weird ass relationship, never believed it. it was all part of ARTPOP. 

see from the beginning, gaga has been backed by a team called haus of gaga, and together they create this pop artist experience for us. she knows fame, and she knew she had to keep her life separate. when we dont see her, shes stefani germanotta, living life with her loved ones. When we do see her, like on stage, shes gaga. Hence her famous quote "my friends joke that im dead and im alive on when im performing". 

Explain to me about an article pre btw era, or during i forgot. They go backstage to see gaga and gaga goes to introduce her bf but then they say someone stopped her to save her from herself. she knows if she spoke of her lover publicly, things happen. She also once said that she knows that with enough money, you hire great security who can make sure no one sees you

She is smarter than yall seem to think . you guys view her as a celebrity singer. but shes a theatrical art performer. the epitome of theater. the world truly is her stage. and if you think she doesnt know that every move is analyzed and she has been using it for her advantage, then yall seriously truly dont know who youre following.

Alot is staged.

Also, Tony Bennet described his first meet with her when he walked over and she was smoking a cig and she says "this isnt even a real cigarette". thats why she can be a chameleon, she understands gaga is a canvas. where youre not judging the art as if it was stefani.

If she was able to be a huge mystery  and we never knew that perez and her had a serious issue before she put it out there, then yes she can create a perfect illusion of a life.

I cant wait till that is one day seen :D just like the world will see her rock style. hope i didnt bore you guys or annoy. 

lol, 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gagas love said:

you dont think that the very message of ARTPOP isnt describing what im saying? lol

Rebellion

ARTPOP was called a project. It was more than an album. she said it in a video way early on in the pre era stage.

yall she released aura, come on. she ****ing rocked out to the leak at a lounge ` club. the only "fails" are lifes randomness, but dont take gaga for more than art, thats why when she spoke at yale, she was speaking as stefani. on the set of ahs shes stefani, not a global popstar. am I the onlY one seeing this?

:huh: What are you even saying here?

Like yeah ARTPOP was about rebellion, she made an album that was satirical about Fame.

That's clear enough from songs like Donatella or songs like DWUW where she is talking about her relationship with the media.

I just don't see the link to that and "ARTPOP as The Decay Of The Popstar". Like, it makes it seem as if you are saying Gaga underperformed with ARTPOP on purpose, something which is clearly not true.

You're saying you believe she never broke her hip, you are saying her relationship with Taylor might have been performance art, you are saying she might not be telling the truth about her rape, you are saying she may have broken up with her manager for some reason to do with ARTPOP...

Like... No.

Gagas love
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

:huh: What are you even saying here?

Like yeah ARTPOP was about rebellion, she made an album that was satirical about Fame.

That's clear enough from songs like Donatella or songs like DWUW where she is talking about her relationship with the media.

I just don't see the link to that and "ARTPOP as The Decay Of The Popstar". Like, it makes it seem as if you are saying Gaga underperformed with ARTPOP on purpose, something which is clearly not true.

"When I look back on my life it’s not that I don’t want to see things exactly as they happened, it’s just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way. And truthfully the lie of it all is much more honest because I invented it. Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer. Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics. They can be lost forever. It’s sort of like my past is an unfinished painting and as the artist of that painting I must fill in all the ugly holes, and make it beautiful again. It’s not that I have been dishonest; it’s just that I loathe reality"

Gaga is her art

stefani is the artist

shes all about perception. lol fantasy and reality. 

manifesto of little monsters 

"

There's something heroic about the way my fans operate their cameras. So precisely and intricately, so proudly, and so methodically. Like Kings writing the history of their people. It's their prolific nature that both creates and procures what will later be perceived as the "kingdom." So, the real truth about Lady Gaga fans lies in this sentiment: They are the kings. They are the queens. They write the history of the kingdom, while I am something of a devoted Jester.

It is in the theory of perception that we have established our bond. Or, the lie, I should say, for which we kill. We are nothing without our image. Without our projection. Without the spiritual hologram of who we perceive ourselves to be, or rather to become, in the future.

When you're
lonely,

I'll be lonely too,

And this is the fame.

Love and art.

12-18 1974

Lady Gaga

Start a Discussion"

yall are too focused on the musical part. lol her real art is in things like manifesto, and the ****ing egg. shes a performance artist.

and two things: 

1. why did ARTPOP underperform? what does that mean? does it give her art more meaning? do i like it more because it was a success? thats incredible shallow. youre literally not listening to the message of the very ARTPOP song, "music not the bling". why do you guys think ARTPOP was created with the intention of being her must successful era of its time? thats such a basic and small way of thinking. 

i guess its cause ive heard everything shes spoken of,

some of yall need to rewatch all of the gagavisions, this is a big picture thing. if it wasnt, shed be katy perry, or rihanna. 

Gagas love
11 minutes ago, Super Natural said:

giphy.gif

I was waiting for someone to do this lol.

love it. dont take this too serious, its a theory

Gagas love
14 minutes ago, Super Natural said:

giphy.gif

my point is that we take gaga too serious. 

i dont know if anyone remembers, but i do:

they said pre ARTPOP, that we werent gonna like the snooty hollywood gaga that would come. and she would detach herself from the fans, but that it would be worth it and for agreater good.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

I don't think he was the cause of the failure. People were over her, she wasn't reinventing herself and the media were against her. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Glamourpuss

I have to agree with the op. Because I think Gaga, as a performance artist has always had the same theme throughout her career - The Fame. 

The beginning of her career she said she studied the fame and how big stars became big stars such as MJ and Bowie, etc. Her album was called The Fame and was sort of satirical at times "Fame, fame baby the fame fame, we live for the fame fame". 

Fast forward to the Born This Way era. Gaga has a perfume out called The Fame. Why would she make it after a retired theme she had already done? Because that theme is still long running in her work and is at the basis of her whole career. 

With ARTPOP I think she made it a deliberate mess. This was her rebellious phase. She had cemented herself as a pop artist. People could say she was over but she knew she could always get back to the top. But she had to fall first. The Paparazzi video foreshadowed that. "Lady no more Gaga". And ARTPOP was seen as a flop. Seriously, how could somebody as talented as Gaga make ARTPOP on purpose? She had a plan in place the whole time. 

She knew in order to get to the top again she had to come back by showing off her voice. Look everybody I CAN sing! Why did she never do that before? Because she was saving it for a time when she would need  to do it. 

The era we are coming in to now is the "we love her again" era.  Because she's coming back to slay. 

I've kept this short because I could write an essay about this that would go on for days. 

Joshie S

I agree and disagree with a lot in this thread.

Overall at the end of the day, I believe ARTPOP wasn't "as successful" or "underperformed" simply and souly because her hip broke. She didn't expect for that to happen.

She was going to release ARTPOP as normal in the normal time, but all of the time she had off, she had to rest, in which she wrote new music (which we heard at the Swinefest)

I believe it was her intention to not play the full songs (that we hear and know today on the ARTPOP studio album) at Swinefest, to kind of give us a sneak peak.

But by this time, the world was over "EDM", which was ARTPOP's main concept.

So, we heard majority of the album 3 months before release (which in releasing isn't a lot time) it's just we had heard about ARTPOP for SO long without any hints or exclusives, and without Gaga working on it fully like she planned.

So people got bored, the GP had bailed at this point, her management were doing awful things, she was depressed, she had tried her hardest and I believe she spent a lot of days crying over the fact she couldn't live up to what her fans or the GP or her management expected of her, but she felt betrayed, she felt any, which is basically what ARTPOP is about, and ironically the song that, not so much wrecked ARTPOP, but what started it's downfall, is the exact message that she wanted and intended it to be (I'm talking about Do What U Want) if you couldn't keep up.

So because of this, she rebelled, which is also what the album is about. She talked about it recently a few months back, saying she wanted to quit POP music, why was she basically being a puppet going to events shaking peoples hands making fragrances.

She then wrote that heart wrenching post on little monsters.com which got media attention everywhere.

So, she wanted to thank the fans and do one final video for the fans. G.U.Y. was released after the SXSW festival, which in that is her final "**** you" to ARTPOP and the POP music for almost ruining her career. She screams "**** YOU POP MUSIC, THIS IS ARTPOP". During Swine, she wanted to deliver on the message she gave us at Swinefest saying "she wouldn't tell us what Swine was about now, no need to be a downer really", so she told us at SXSW which was totally appropriate considering it's a festival. She said it was about rape.

The performance art she did with Milly Brown was a real expression, she got vomited on to basically say a giant F.U to her label and Troy Carter.

In an interview I think it was the SXSW, I'm not sure I listen to so many. The reason why Gaga rebelled so much is because they told her she "had to be more beautiful" for this album.

THIS is what made her most upset. 

So, she gets puked on. Then, isn't it ironic how during the artRAVE she is all colourful for the ending of the concert during Bad Romance, Applause & Swine? It's because these were (and should of) been her biggest hits (Swine) - so she wanted to dress in the most outrageous fashion to show during the popular songs where people actually get out of their seats and dance, she looks ****ing crazy, but people are still singing along. She doesn't have to be beautiful.

Anyway, I truly believe that ARTPOP got the promo, it's just as I said at the start of this, the world was over EDM and Gaga was late for the party.

But now she's BACK with LG5 & Perfect Illusion and she is SLAYING it so far with this promo ALL YEAR. She's done it perfectly and I cannot WAIT!

CHAOS
PERFECT ILLUSION

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Archived