❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Does "Rise"s Failure Foretell KP4's Future?

DiscoHeaven23

Does "Rise" Foretell KP4's Future  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Does "Rise" foretell KP4's future?

• yes
    • no
    • too hard to tell

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

Every now and then I remember that "Rise" by Katy Perry exists.

And my jaw kinda drops when I realize how poorly it performed.

giphy.gif

I remember that night when it came out the majority of people were certain it would become her next #1 hit.

And then it didn't.

It has become her LOWEST peaking song on pop radio to date. Peaking at #23 and then retreating. 

Even when songs like "Unconditionally" and "Birthday" didn't go Top 10 on the Hot 100, they went top 10 on Pop radio. 

So does "Rise" foretell a bleak story of what will be KP4?

Has the GP lost interest in Katherine?

This is a serious question concerning Katy's popularity and not meant to be offensive to her. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

Hopefully.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Iwontell

Hopefully :classy:...

But Katy herself has said that Rise isn't representative of what her next album will sound like and the song wasn't properly promoted (god only knows how it would have done under normal conditions)...so, no, I don't think the song is indicative of Katy's future.

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Nicogly

Can any Katy fan tell us if she promoted this? And how hard? Maybe the lack of promotion made it not such a big hit? I actually like the song, so my guess is that it wasn't meant to be a hit

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

NORMANDIE

I think it was never conceive as a chart contender. On the other side, I could say, if she walk that path on KP4, it will flop. 

Ironic that it was called "Rise." :flop:

Spoiler

She honestly deserved it to flop because she likes competition and trying to sabotage "Make Me..."'s debut was tacky of her.

Wisdomless1

It's hard to remember what promo it did have. I think I only found out about it because of GGD and any time I heard it during the Olympics it was another singer.

Dominic

Nope. She's one of pops biggest stars. She's not going anywhere anytime soon. The sooner people accept it the better. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Kermit

You guys need to grow up.

Rise is an exception song, especially from Katy.

This isn't 2011-2013, anymore. Get over yourselves.

She's one of the few pop stars that make Pop music worth it, and listenable.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

7 minutes ago, Nicogly said:

Can any Katy fan tell us if she promoted this? And how hard? Maybe the lack of promotion made it not such a big hit? I actually like the song, so my guess is that it wasn't meant to be a hit

She performed it at the DNC before Hillary gave her speech (30 million people watched that), it was supposed to be the NBC Olympics' song and it even had remixes. It probably had more promo than any other single. :flop: Her team really did all they could. :shrug:

underneath the pine

Archived