Frank Ocean Causes Possible Setbacks for Gaga

gagzus

Featured Posts

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave

I'm very worries right now, but....

UMG could have stoppedĀ Gaga from making the deal also months ago, I mean we know only now that UMG bans artists fron making this kind of deal but who knows, it could haveĀ happenedĀ from already some months now

BUT I really hope this doesn't affecy the era. I really hope not. I'm very very very worried

Colourful

Phong Le
7 minutes ago, Jester said:

Lady Gaga promo everywhere, background and banners on iTunes, the possibilities are endless :giveup:Ā 

Also funding from Apple. They have a lot of money to get things exclusive. Meaning Gaga can get more avant garde outfits!Ā 

gagzus
Just now, AntiPotCrusader said:

Is anything set in stone? How do we know that Gaga's plan was to do an apple exclusive deal?Ā 

GrapeJuice are reliable, PropaGaga confirmed it could come later unless they have a fallback and last year it was confirmed she had a deal with Apple but we never knew what it was.

Reality
12 minutes ago, ghs said:

September 30th here we go. This is truly ridiculous...an announcement 1 month and a half before the single. IT'S 2016.

It's not like it's Gaga's fault. According to this article, Frank OceanĀ may be somewhat responsible for possible setbacks for Gaga.Ā 

Plus, are you seriously complaining about the time difference between the announcement of PI with its release date? Be happy that we got an announcement in the first place.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Harry

This possibly means nothing. Could just be that it was going to be Apple exclusive for a while and now it won't. It probably wouldn't have even stayed as an exclusive for very long... A week tops. I'd be very surprised if they decided to remap her ENTIRE promotional campaign based on this... If UMG have banned exclusives, then they will surely be banned whether she decides to release the album in November or next year.

In theory the only "setback" this will cause will be behind the scenes. I can't imagine why it would cause a delay. This will only suck for Gaga and Interscope cos they won't get that Apple exclusive money and promotion. I can't see any realistic reason that dates would need to be moved?

gagzus
Just now, Infinity Wave said:

I'm very worries right now, but....

UMG could have stoppedĀ Gaga from making the deal also months ago, I mean we know only now that UMG bans artists fron making this kind of deal but who knows, it could haveĀ happenedĀ from already some months now

BUT I really hope this doesn't affecy the era. I really hope not. I'm very very very worried

the ban was only implemented in the last few days after Blonde lost them a ton of money, because the amount of streams it got were probably gigantic and although Apple give the highest cut of all streaming services to labels/artists, they could have made considerably more by allowing it to be on Tidal, Amazon Prime etc

Reality
1 minute ago, Phong Le said:

Also funding from Apple. They have a lot of money to get things exclusive. Meaning Gaga can get more avant garde outfits!Ā 

I'm sure she could get more avant garde pieces without funding from AppleĀ :sweat:

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Me trying to look on the bright side of it all but then remembering that this literally means Gaga and Insterscope's plans are now upscuttled and the chances of a pushback are evident

Ā 

gret.gifĀ 

Signature loadingā€¦ šŸ‘¹šŸ–¤

sipthistea

Just give us the music for once and for all...

I'm not here for any dramas, any "Katy vs. Gaga" or those stupid situations. I just want some good music.Ā 

RAMROD

With or without Apple Music, her fans should just still support her, get the song when released etc.

Personally, I think it could still come though, the AM exclusive.

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

She better be on the phone with MTV begging for that VMA debut as we speak.Ā 

giphy.gif

This, even tho its funny, she better do this

Act like nothing happened andĀ dont f*ck it up gagz

Infinity Wave
Just now, gagzus said:

the ban was only implemented in the last few days after Blonde lost them a ton of money, because the amount of streams it got were probably gigantic and although Apple give the highest cut of all streaming services to labels/artists, they could have made considerably more by allowing it to be on Tidal, Amazon Prime etc

Well so let's just hope Gaga has another plan already ready for PI

Colourful

Harry
10 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

Nothing, in fact I think it means that it will debut lower and such because not everyone can access it. The bad part about this particular situation is that they think Gaga had a specific plan for releasing PI and now it's thrown off.

Tell that to Drake and his 1m opening week a few months ago.

Archived