Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMAs, GMA or Apple Music Festival for Perfect Illusion?

Slayer

Featured Posts

BalmungBard

At this point we're still pretty much in the dark with what Gaga and her team along with Interscope have planned with this Era. We're in the final round of the waiting game and we don't want another repeat of how the ARTPOP Era was handled :ohno:

NYC - Gamer - Artist - Writer - FFXIV Balmung

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

We knew she was going to the VMAs before it was released. We knew she was going to premiere it on GMA. We knew the video/song were supposed to be released on the same day. We got tons of promo images. We had the album name, lyrics (not just from Gaga, also from early reviews), we knew she shot the video, we got a pic of her on set. 

So? It's not that she is sleeping, she is doing things that we dont see

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Slayer
4 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

Yeah let me pretend you didn't call me an ass. 🙏🏻

tumblr_inline_o4w8g61L1u1rfq1xx_500.gif

3 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

i was referring to the forum in general but i understand it bothered you, sorry. but still, i don't think we should worry. there are still tons of late night shows and stuff she can attend i just think they're being more careful than usual. things will come when they come.

Yeah, I think there are still many more opportunities. Perhaps she and Bobby are aiming to take things slower this time, so that Gaga can work over a longer period of time. Maybe the initial Applause era was way too much for Gaga and that's why the album era burnt out so quickly (aside from the other obvious reasons).

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

retroglamx

Just wait 6 more days and Sept will be here. No need to get all fuzzed about it hun.

sponge-bob-breathing.gif

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Weasel
3 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

So? It's not that she is sleeping, she is doing things that we dont see

Never said she was, you claimed we didn't know anything yet we did. 

darkchylde
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

tumblr_inline_o4w8g61L1u1rfq1xx_500.gif

Yeah, I think there are still many more opportunities. Perhaps she and Bobby are aiming to take things slower this time, so that Gaga can work over a longer period of time. Maybe the initial Applause era was way too much for Gaga and that's why the album era burnt out so quickly (aside from the other obvious reasons).

yeah, also, i think that the way they used social media overhyped things and eventually led to the leak of applause so i think keeping it calm until it finally hits is a good choice. or at least, a good chance to take.

Saint Laurent
14 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

We didnt know anything about promo for Applause until it was released so just W A I T

But we do know this time and it's none existent, which is the point the OP is making.

Born To Slay

The song isn't out yet and won't be out in time for the VMAs. Which is a shame but oh well. 

She can do GMA, Ellen, Jimmy Fallon, etc anytime she wants.mplus in September there's the Americas Got Talent final, Dancing With The Stars and other great slots she could do in addition to those. And plus, she might be doing something with Apple. I'm sure her single will be well promoted.

Gaga is clearly taking another route this time, probably going against the books after all she did play by the books and there was no number one single or top 3. I feel like she's going to show us those opportunities we don't know abt. Sit tight and enjoy the illusion 

Iwontell

I get what you mean, but I think she might be trying a different approach this time...I mean, she promoted the **** out of ARTPOP/applause and it didn't exactly go anywhere. Meanwhile, Beyoncé and Adele, for example, have proved in the last years that you don't have to overdo it, that relentless promotion is not necessary...

I could also be wrong and in 3 weeks, when the single is out, she'll be that ubiquitous presence again...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

iMonster
10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yes, THANK you. I'm obviously talking about the three specific shows that she is not scheduled to perform at. If people actually bothered to read instead of just responding to thread titles, maybe they wouldn't make such asses of themselves. :classy:

But Gaga doesn't need that. Honestly. As cheesy as it may sound as long as she produces a quality record it'll sell. 

If radio promotion, TV appearances and the quality of the record is great that's all she'll need. 

No one knew anything about "Hello" she didn't perform it anywhere and look how that turned out. I feel like people will be willing to HEAR/give a new Gaga song a shot. She just has to deliver which I believe she will. 

Weasel
2 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

I get what you mean, but I think she might be trying a different approach this time...I mean, she promoted the **** out of ARTPOP/applause and it didn't exactly go anywhere. Meanwhile, Beyoncé and Adele, for example, have proved in the last years that you don't have to overdo it, that relentless promotion is not necessary...

G.U.Y. got zero performances and look how that ended though. 

GagaisHotAF

They don't want to over promote because the GP will get "Gaga Fatigue". 

Probably on Grindr

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

G.U.Y. got zero performances and look how that ended though. 

Hey in Gagas defense G.U.Y wasn't a good song as soon as I heard the album I knew it should have stayed with donatella, fashion! and mjh but instead it served as a 3rd single. And Venus was right there waiting to explode 

Archived