đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rolling Stone-45 best albums of 2016 (so far)

Thomas P

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
msisux
37 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

wheres cupcakke? :classy: 

STD is an amazing album and deserves a lot more credit 

Swan Heart
On 17.08.2016 Đł. at 7:07 AM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

And legitimate question, would David Bowie's album have been this praised if he was alive?

He was already getting rave reviews for the album before his death actually.

+ as a user above said, his death is a big part of the album which is basically his own requiem. The bravery to document your own death with such grace and beauty only adds to it.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

On 8/16/2016 at 9:07 PM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

There's obviously been better albums created than Lemonade this year. 

That's just ridiculous. 

And legitimate question, would David Bowie's album have been this praised if he was alive?

Beyonce is inarguably the most disturbingly overrated artist in some time. But I accept her existence only because I do think at least superficially shes representative of a strong black female in popular culture. But in actuality her output isnt nearly as profound, innovative, or even her own as the media and her brainwashed followers force others to believe.

And as for Blackstar, the answer is yes. Because it was reviewed before his death and had already garnered near universal acclaim from critics unlike his last few efforts. So it was already perceived to be a reawakening of sorts, I think his death just exposed the album to people who might not have normally chosen to pay attention, even if they liked him. Largely in part to his age I assume, I mean I enjoy Bowie but indulge in his classic records. The new stuff just seemed new, if that makes sense. Blackstar is good though.

Pharamon

Lemonade?! what the **** im so done with these lists...I mean Lemonade is an OKAY album but come on it's no way better than Chance the rapper's album :air: 

StrawberryBlond

There has been a distinct lack of good albums this year. My list is going to look depressingly similar to this one if things don't improve soon.

5 minutes ago, Vague said:

Beyonce is inarguably the most disturbingly overrated artist in some time. But I accept her existence only because I do think at least superficially shes representative of a strong black female in popular culture. But in actuality her output isnt nearly as profound, innovative, or even her own as the media and her brainwashed followers force others to believe.

I agree, although I say there are far better black female role models out there. Just a couple of days watching the Olympics would see to that. There are also other black women who are intelligent and coming up with profound ideas and don't give in to the status quo. Women who aren't all about vanity, publicity and money-making but focus on showing us nothing but talent and insight. I wish there were more of these women raised up as ideal role models for black girls. Beyonce and Rihanna seem to be all we can present to them and I think that's sad considering both women are so flawed and problematic and there's much better choices out there. I wish we'd raise our kids to see more potential role models than just singers.

darkchylde
On 17/8/2016 at 6:10 AM, Thomas P said:

I disagree with your first point, but that's your opinion, and the second point, well no I don't think it would have been praised had he not died after. Sad but true...

On 17/8/2016 at 6:07 AM, DiscoHeaven23 said:

i have to disagree. bowies last album, the next day, was also praised and he was alive. this time around, the only difference: this time the gp actually paid attention to him.

in my opinion, the next day is way better than black star but people love to mitify an artist's last work.

19 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I agree, although I say there are far better black female role models out there. Just a couple of days watching the Olympics would see to that. There are also other black women who are intelligent and coming up with profound ideas and don't give in to the status quo. Women who aren't all about vanity, publicity and money-making but focus on showing us nothing but talent and insight. I wish there were more of these women raised up as ideal role models for black girls. Beyonce and Rihanna seem to be all we can present to them and I think that's sad considering both women are so flawed and problematic and there's much better choices out there. I wish we'd raise our kids to see more potential role models than just singers.

Of course there are honestly. But I was speaking just in terms of who was already a major figure to the public, who was the most concealed and at least seemingly elegant and that would have to be Beyonce. Which is why I can understand why shes the one thats been used as a pawn in media politics. Because in my personal opinion and im sure its a controversial one: a lot of her hype and popularity, imo, is a calculated effort crafted by the music industry and the media. I definitely think shes used as a pawn to save the music industry and be a spokeswoman for black women and thus endlessly positive publicity is bought and thrusted upon the public who are sheep and eat it up with a large spoon.

All of this to say I dont think you're mindless if you like Beyonce, I do, just that theres this disturbingly cult-like popularity surrounding her for a reason. Just like there was with Gaga 7 years ago who was also once being used as a pawn to save deflating profit within the music industry. Once her reign started showing signs of slipping they stopped buying her ass that positivity, let her fall, and moved onto the next. That wont happen with a Beyonce for a myriad of reasons, shes protected and im not even going to get into that aspect because its a whole other conversation entirely (and fyi im not talking conspiracy theories like the illuminati).

Archived