💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reconstructing Gaga's Career?

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus

The uninterested cheap boredom on this place is too matsh for me.

Why the **** do you join a forum if you don't wanna read and/or think

Qn7oYmr.gif

Didymus

Personal vendetta initiated against anyone I've seen online who didn't bother to post/care about this pivotal subject :chica:

I'm the hater and I care more than all of y'all combined apparently what is this ****

Have fun discussing Gags' competition and ha charts, like Gaga I'm out.

tumblr_inline_o3ph380w8R1scrr6v_500.gif

SlayGagaloo

I don't take that GG speech seriously it was over dramatic, she probably was drunk or something.

I think that (and I'm not being sarcastic) Gaga has Fame Syndrome. She lives for the Fame fame baby the Fame fame. 

After her first two singles her name exploded and she was everywhere (I don't think she expected that amount of success, since she wanted to make completely different genre of music).  

Until Born this Way she was one of the (if not The)  ultimate pop stars ✨ in the world. Her success and domination reached every country / chart / award show, etc...

But then her injury and after that ARTPOP happened. She was going through a lot during that Era and people (+ some of her fans)  lost interest in her. 

Cheek to Cheek came and was definitely a successful era. A Grammy award + #1 Jazz album of 2014 & 2015, I mean why wouldn't she want all that success to last.? If I'm tired I take a break, Gaga on the other hand started a new project (with a guaranteed success since she's working with THE Tony Bennett) + she did a song with one of the best song-writers Diane Warren. And now it seems that she scraped a project to work with Mark Ronson (who had one of the biggest hits and won a couple of Grammys..... JUST RECENTLY AND NOT 7 YEARS AGO :) )

I think she made enough songs for at least two albums, but she simply doesn't trust her work yet, and she's afraid that LG5 won't be received well. 

So: she definitely wants that 2010 level of fame but not with Dance / Electronic music. She's working with some of the biggest names to help her make the Music she wants to make and I think this will be very interesting. 

Edit: ARTPOP was a disaster, I mean I enjoy jewels n' drugs ~%{€^€^%... FASHION!  And DWYW, but let's be honest it wasn't a good album and she knows that.

Over.

Helxig

This is all true. But the BTW Gaga is who I came to love :(  knowing now that that person was just the product of a bad mental state really makes me sad and makes me question my whole existence. That Gaga changed me as a person, and learning this kinda stuff just... it's hard to explain...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Takemyhand
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

The uninterested cheap boredom on this place is too matsh for me.

Why the **** do you join a forum if you don't wanna read and/or think

Qn7oYmr.gif

My English is not good enough to express my thoughts  :emma::toofunny:

donutellha
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

160 views, 13 replies.

**** this forum.

tumblr_inline_n3sanz19td1ru7scd.gif

Working to get that hit thread! :firega:

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

2 hours ago, Helxig said:

This is all true. But the BTW Gaga is who I came to love :(  knowing now that that person was just the product of a bad mental state really makes me sad and makes me question my whole existence. That Gaga changed me as a person, and learning this kinda stuff just... it's hard to explain...

great artists have more than one "real me". they have the need to. Gaga is very much into the personality cult (something over which Elton John expressed his concern during the BTW era.... but he was just being an old fart.) Gaga's alter ego obsession runs deep and isn't just some of coping mechanism. 

take her biggest inspiration and the person over whose journey she said she modelled her career. the tragedy of Ziggy Stardust is the real Bowie before becoming a rockstar, an ode to his troubled youth. the Thin White Duke is his cocaine-enhanced self-assured 20th century guru persona and during his transition from an introvert to an extrovert with Diamond Dogs and Young Americans, the ongoing theme is basically "isn't that me?". that is a real reinvention. something that's always been there waiting for you to decide on embracing it fully. that's why I consider Madonna's Like a Prayer, Erotica and Ray of Light to be her only true reinventions. it's not only about the genre of the music and the way you dress. it's deeper than that... if it's the real deal and not just some sort of Nicki Minaj Roman-whatever crap.

the Born This Way album is the voice of growing-up Gaga who long ago decided she won't struggle with her alienation but will embrace the alien (here come the prosthetics) and become a guru for the alienated instead. basically, a Ziggy Stardust rip-off.

I'm not so sure what ARTPOP is to her anymore, but to me it's even rawer than BTW. although generic, it sounds less calculated than 99% of the music I've ever heard. you hear a genuine inability to cope in a self-assuring tone. it really does sound like a hybrid. so maybe that's her "plastic soul" period, only she wasn't as metaphorically literal as to go all Philly soul on us. but she did jazz. in a similar fashion, right after the two ZIggy albums Bowie recorded an album of covers of some of his favorite music growing up and then used soul music as a remedy, basically, his "since I was 13/Tony saved my life" moment.

so now (hopefully) she really is going punk/funk/disco/alt.rock/pop rock and is ready to introduce the showbiz rock star she had once envisioned herself to become. and even if that persona creates an experience that doesn't feel as intimate as the BTW era I'm sure "it's not the side-effects of [], I'm thinking that it must be love." ego-love. and like I said, she can make love to more than one of her alter egos and still maintain a genuine connection with fans that first got introduced to a different persona.

so don't worry, the Born This Way girl will always be there eager to try on another colorful wig and look a mess.

:unicorn:

gagafan2017

Id retain the focus, commitment, work ethic and drive she had from 2008-2011 into 2013, 2014 and beyond. I maintain that is her biggest problem...if she'd retained that ARTPOP would have been better, her performances would have been better and she would have had the perspective to listen to her brilliant manager Troy Carter and release it at the end of 2012...hell that focus encouraged her to be productive in the past...we would probably have had her 4th album in 2014 and a new album this year if she had stayed with Troy. I hope one day she realises how crucial Troy was to her success...she's too proud and stubborn at the moment. 

gagafan2017

The hip situation sums up her whole attitude...if that happened in 2010 she would have performed on stage sitting down...done a performance art piece about it worked it owned it. 

Let alone her cancelling that Tony Bennett show at the Royal Albert hall...she should have gone on and improvised an acoustic show...she would have in 2010. 

The Child

This thread didn't get as many replies as I thought it would have.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived