💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Losing interest in Gaga

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

RAMROD

That is totally normal though, you need to take a breather tbh, so don't feel too down about it, ok? :D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is an old argument.  The key is really just respect on both sides.  I won't accuse someone of not being a real fan just because you care so much about charts.  But at the same time, don't accuse me of being "blind stan" just because I support an artist who isn't charting.   Both accusations are insulting.

But we also need respect toward Gaga.  Whether you care about charts or not, there is never a reason to disrespect her.  (Unless she kicks a puppy or does something intentionally awful)

gagafan2017

Did she step outside of the us and bother to promote guy? Shoot a proper tour poster? Actually promote the tour? Release act 2 as an ep and  it on Spotify? Go in the studio with christina and actually rerecord dwyw rather than just dumping a messy live recording of dwyw? Let alone doing a simple solo reshoot of the dwyw video...not difficult. 

SpaceAce
Just now, Sara said:

This is an old argument.  The key is really just respect on both sides.  I won't accuse someone of not being a real fan just because you care so much about charts.  But at the same time, don't accuse me of being "blind stan" just because I support an artist who isn't charting.   Both accusations are insulting.

But we also need respect toward Gaga.  Whether you care about charts or not, there is never a reason to disrespect her.  (Unless she kicks a puppy or does something intentionally awful)

By definition, respecting Gaga means not insulting her when she's not charting or in not keeping up with the general public's short attention span. So that's what I was adressing in my comments. I really don't care if a fan cares a lot about how she charts or how successful she is to the gp, because I kind of enjoy that stuff too. It's the disrespect that's baffling. 

JUSTFRXNC

I guess i'm the only one that listens Gaga everyday ( really everyday) since 2008 , even Cheek To Cheek:poot:

14 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

A degree of commercial success is intrinsic to a top drawer pop icon...it's not everything but it is part of the package. The new record won't be considered a comeback unless she has commercial success and some number 1s...a number 1 sends a message. She needs an upturn after ARTPOP every artist needs one after a down...good reviews isn't enough. Gaga still has to prove her longevity...she was only a big star for 2 years or before things started going downhill and to most of the world she's been awol for 5 years. It's the truth. 

I understand your point of view if you are emotionally invested in Gaga being a top drawer pop icon.  I admit that it's NICE if she is, I enjoy it too, but I'm not too disappointed if she's not, and definitely not disappointed enough to disrespect her or her decisions.  Maybe SHE doesn't want to be a top drawer pop icon anymore?  :shrug:  If she wants to go the route of acting, and releasing an album once every 5 years, I support her 100%!

SpaceAce
5 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

Did you step outside of the us and bother to promote guy? 

huh? You wanted her to internationally promote a single that her label didn't want out? That would have been disaster when she was already getting a ton of negative press. She did the best she could by making releasing that video.

Ronk
11 hours ago, SpaceAce said:

Stop pretending something is wrong when it's clearly just your problem. Gaga's doing things on her own terms - it's too bad her fans are too selfish to appreciate that. 

I'm so in favor of this.  Have not lost interest at all.

I live outside the space time continuum.

gagafan2017
1 minute ago, SpaceAce said:

huh? You wanted her to internationally promote a single that her label didn't want out? That would have been disaster when she was already getting a ton of negative press. She did the best she could by making releasing that video.

She made out she was passionate about it so I thought she cared enough to get on a plane and properly promote for the first time in 3 years. This is the same woman that hyped and hyped live at roseland then didn't even bother to film it though. 

SpaceAce
6 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

Did she step outside of the us and bother to promote guy? Shoot a proper tour poster? Actually promote the tour? Release act 2 as an ep and  it on Spotify? Go in the studio with christina and actually rerecord dwyw rather than just dumping a messy live recording of dwyw? Let alone doing a simple solo reshoot of the dwyw video...not difficult. 

Since you added more: So the tour poster has you this sour? Damn. She can't just release music without her label's approval - that's a sure fast way to get sued and ruin that relationship. Last I checked, Gaga doesn't control Christina Aguilera or her schedule. You have no idea what went on behind the scenes of the DWUW video. You can keep blabbing on and on, but it's pretty apparent that you think of her as a robot and not a person - I don't really care for this conversation anymore. 

SpaceAce
2 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

She made out she was passionate about it so I thought she cared enough to get on a plane and properly promote for the first time in 3 years. This is the same woman that hyped and hyped live at roseland then didn't even bother to film it though. 

Jesus christ. You're incredible. 

gagafan2017
4 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

The best she could have done would be a simple video reshoot in December 2013 a simple tweet apologising for the delay and got on a damn plane to France Germany and Australia to honour her responsibilities. Going awol for 3 months and releasing a song/video her label/fans/the gp/radio had no interest in was not the best she could. 

Teal Ambition

I don't even remember the last time I purposely listened to her music. I've been busy listening to new albums and all. I just learned not to overhype EVERY single thing that's brought up on this forum since it always leads to disappointment, and it's been working out great :queenga: Just like people actually believe Gaga would be announced as an iHeart Radio headliner or Citizen festival performer before any other type of album/single announcement :saladga:

The album will come eventually, but creating all these threads about supposed "insiders" and "hints" will not make it come faster. 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

SpaceAce
2 minutes ago, Luke Putres said:

The best she could have done would be a simple video reshoot in December 2013 a simple tweet apologising for the delay and got on a damn plane to France Germany and Australia to honour her responsibilities. Going awol for 3 months and releasing a song/video her label/fans/the gp/radio had no interest in was not the best she could. 

Yeah, you're totally right. There was just no excuse for not doing more and everything was her fault, no one else's. Her manager should have just whipped her back to work when she was HUMAN and depressed. Because depression is not a real thing, just an excuse to be lazy.  

Dude. Just quit it. You're making me nauseous. 

gagafan2017

Well you said it in a harsh way but I have come to the opinion gaga is an artist that needs structure and micro managing. Otherwise I have already spoken about working class people having to go to work with depression so they can pay their bills. It's easier give up on something when you are a multi millionaire. 

Archived