šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Amber Rose: I watched Lady Gaga cancel [her & Kanye's] tour

petty

Featured Posts

Didymus
1 minute ago, neptugne said:

I'm saying Gaga made a decision based on her personal feelings, still. Please highlight exactly where I said she wanted to get out of the situation with a commercial triumph. YouĀ assumeĀ she thought the Fame Kills tour would flop bc of Kanye and she would "catch his stench of failure," (which is why I brought up his next album sales, bc where is this failure you're talking about).Ā I'm saying she thought it would be even more successful because of Kanye (as that was controversy, and she knows controversy), but still decided to pull out due to moral reasons.Ā 

It's easy to act like that now that you have the receipts of Kanye's next album's success, but there was no way we could know that in advance. You don't remember the media backlash I'm guessing. People were just announcing his career was over and he was never going to be able to clean that stain off of himself. As a plus, Gaga (as several journalists noted) probably knew that Kanye's audience might be less enthusiastic and perhaps even aggressive because of the controversy, and the whole tour would be seen through the eyes of that drama instead of being talked about for what it was: a tour and an artistic statement.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Well, it spawned the legendary Monster Ball, can't say I really feel bad about it but just a little teeheee :D

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I don't disagree with Kanye's responsibility bit, but on the other hand, it's not necessarily logical that Gaga had to cancel the tour in response. Gaga has always been the provocateur. Back then I actually thought she'd make a statement about their tour, stating that Kanye's personal feelings had nothing to do with their tour which was an artistic statement. Cancelling because she feared for a commercial and reputation backlash is something that actually goes against Gaga's brand.

Gaga may have professed that but her label only saw $$$.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Hexxx

kinda sad a little but it's whatevs. That photo shoot for the tour was absolutely breathtaking.Ā 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Whispering

Good choice by her to stay away from a toxic Narcicisst, one that was reeling out of control at the time. I bet her label and Jimmy told her to ditch the tour. Glad she did!Ā 

Kermit

I would like to use this as an opportunity to resort to my favorite phrase.

Ā 

:excuseu: Cancelled.

ā€œFor me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.ā€ ā€• Jean Dubuffet

LePetitGAGABLover

OMG this happend more than 5 years ago. Let it go. And please don't bring Gaga into this Taylor Suewift VS Kanye mess thank you.

gagafan2017

She was quite gracious about it at the time to be fair...I remember her saying he's still a friend but he's taking time out I can't find the exact quote. She wasn't one of those that just left him high and dry...Kanye and jay z wanted her to be onĀ atch the throne aswell...but you know gaga she won't do a collaboration unless she writes, produces it, directs the video, organises the catering and plays every instrument...god forbid she might get sent a great record and just sing a hook....meteors would fall from the sky if she did that.Ā 

freebit
8 hours ago, PETTY said:

ā€œI remember Taylorā€™s mother and father coming up to us and saying, ā€˜One day Kanye, youā€™ll have a daughter and somebody is going to do that to you,ā€™ ā€ Rose said. ā€œHe was so remorseful. I mean he really felt so bad, because it wasnā€™t about Taylor. It was aboutĀ BeyoncĆ©Ā and her videoā€¦he didnā€™t want to interrupt Taylor ā€“ he didnā€™t even know who she was at the time.ā€

Oh boo hoo. Why did he make a big scene then?Ā That above explanationĀ is the epitome of people coddling a star's narcissism. Like, ok, do that, but don't cry about it when people aren't intoĀ your ridiculousness, or whine about it forĀ years. He and Taylor have lived off this stupid story for too long, and if both moved on from it, we probably would not be discussing it 8 years later.

FATCAT
8 hours ago, M Monstre said:

He did it to himself. HeĀ choseĀ to get up on that stage, heĀ choseĀ to say what he did. Of course Gaga would have cancelled the tour.Ā 

Amber's acting like he himself didn't do anything wrong.Ā 

I don't think that's what she's saying, she's more or less saying that yes, he was horrible, but he didn't deserve so much hate from it.

Personally, I think he got what he deserved, but my opinion is just another in the wind..

Purr more, hiss less.

Miel
13 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

If it did the Monster Ball tour as we know it would have never happenedĀ :interestinga:

AFAIK, The Monster Ball 2.0 would have still happened on schedule after Fame Kills (which would have been during the Monster Ball 1.0's run). But, this is just what I heard way back when PropaGaga started releasing more Fame Kills info.

Though, it kind of makes sense. Like, 1.0, while an amazing show, was still an incredibly quick put-together. 2.0, in retrospect, seemed planned for its release date for a while.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel

Anyway, Ye at least seemed cool with Jo at least lmao

MNBiZ.jpg

3 points in and ready for more

Archived