opinion

Worst songs from ARTPOP?

QueenGaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neight Shayde

MARY JANE HOLLAND (SECOND WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM)

JEWELS & DRUGS (OBVIOUSLY)

MANiCURE

Didymus

1. Aura

Fantastic ideas, but horrid execution. It doesn't help that the original Infected Mushroom (instrumental) track was just better and a lot more exciting. That Gaga just bought it doesn't really bug me, but it does bug me that she made it shorter, cut out the exciting parts, and slapped some unimaginative melody on top with some interesting lyrics that end up falling flat anyway because the song isn't allowed to breathe (and that bridge is just atrocious).

2. Swine

I love the verses, and I love the pre-chorus, but that breakdown is just.. I don't get what it's supposed to do. It works live, but on an album it just sounds like some weird demo-ish fan mash-up of some DJ track and a Gaga song. Sounds unfinished, sounds lame.

3. Gypsy

I loved the acoustic version she sang in Germany before the album was released, but I was appalled upon hearing the studio version. Bland, unimaginative and downright ugly instrumental, and I just in general can't believe Gaga thought the whole thing was good enough to put her name under it. It literally sounds like one of the songs that was sent in to play over the credits of some irrelevant, bad Disney direct-to-video sequel, but was rejected for being too embarrassing.

imnotyourbabe10

While I love the record in its entirety and its flow and her playing with genres, my least favorites are the following...

1) Fashion! -- I personally have no interest in the topic itself so the theme of it is lost on me.  Plus I prefer the other Fashion track by Gaga.

2) Donatella -- Again, the whole fashion industry isn't really my cup of tea but I enjoy it better than "Fashion!" 

[If she is parodying the fashion industry in some sense, then I can jump on board but I feel like she's reifying/glorifying it in many ways] To be clear, I deeply appreciate Gaga's general fashion in her day-to-day life----just don't dig these tracks.  I also think these are the "worst" as they don't seem to try on other genres/topics like J&D, MJH, Aura, Swine, etc.  Thanks for reading! 

Reality

Donatella is the only song that I really dislike.

And I'm just sitting here, looking at all the hate on Aura, Swine, and Dope like :what:

🃏🖤👹

Lona Delery

Fashion! is Gaga's worst song. I just always think that id oesnt exist :emma:

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

M I M I Z

This is my list:

1. Aura

2. G.U.Y

3. Jewels n' Drugs

4. ARTPOP

5. Swine

6. Donatella

7. Fashion!

8. Mary Jane Holland

9. Dope

giphy.gif

BuzzcutSeason

Fashion! is nowhere near as bad as ARTPOP (title track). Venus is a little out there.

G.U.Y (don't hate me the production is good but she's trying to hard "I wanna be that GUY the girl under you")

Donatella > Swine (the lyrics mess :toofunny:). I don't understand the hate for Donatella like it isn't THAT great but with the lyrics its semi relevant.

Delulu Rogers

Didn't know so many people hated aura and mjh. For me ARTPOP would have been perfect if fashion, swine, donatella and j&ds were left out and have princess die on it

HOTNebraskaGuy

I can't listen to Donatella. It's so messy and cheap/dated sounding it's irritating. But that's really it. 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Donatella is by FAR the worst song on the album, and that says A LOT since there's quite a few awful songs on that album.

20 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Fashion! is nowhere near as bad as ARTPOP (title track). Venus is a little out there.

G.U.Y (don't hate me the production is good but she's trying to hard "I wanna be that GUY the girl under you")

Donatella > Swine (the lyrics mess :toofunny:). I don't understand the hate for Donatella like it isn't THAT great but with the lyrics its semi relevant.

ARTPOP is one of the best songs on the album. You tried it. G.U.Y. was actually great for its time and a standout track, but now it's just meh.

Archived