💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Is Gaga better at experimental or commercial music?

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Narles Lino
29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

o<(0_0)>o

What do you think Gaga does best, experimental or commercial music? Or maybe you think she is equally good at both?

Examples:

Commercial: Pokerface, Telephone, Applause

Experimental: Judas, Bloody Mary, Aura

Commercial for sure. I don't know, I like anything that comes from her.

Miel

I honestly think almost all of her music is generally "commercial". That said, some of her pop music definitely pushes boundaries.

And I think that's where she is at her best.

3 points in and ready for more

Regina George

I can't stand people who say that she is better at "experimental" music. I mean Just Dance, Poker Face, Alejandro, Born This Way, EOG- pure mainstream pop (ex. EOG) and her best songs. You can say whatever you want to but its FACT.

Hexxx

Her commercial songs are what made me fall in love with her. Her experimental songs get boring over time

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

iAstroLeo
15 minutes ago, donthatemeplss said:

I can't stand people who say that she is better at "experimental" music. I mean Just Dance, Poker Face, Alejandro, Born This Way, EOG- pure mainstream pop (ex. EOG) and her best songs. You can say whatever you want to but its FACT.

Sit down :awkney: What can be better to you doesn't mean it is better for others. Now that is a fact. 

DrKindnessKunt1999

To be fair, I don't think that Gaga's ever had a chance to be the most experimental that she's capable of. "The Fame" was her most commercial album, the "The Fame Monster" was made to impress the GP, "Born this Way" was rushed, and "ARTPOP" was scrapped, rethought/redone, and rushed again. But, if I had to choose which music style I like the most, I would say that I prefer her "experimental" side. The side that created "Bloody Mary", "Swine", "Yoü and I", "Born this Way", etc; which are considered experimental for Gaga for different reasons. That said, I don't consider her commercial work generic. It's not like all her songs are about going to the club and popping pu$$y. She pushes barriers, even when at her most commercial. She was able to transform pop culture and make pop girls (and some pop boys) get inspired with her work (even her demos and interludes). 

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Prince Bananas said:

Nothing from her sounds that experimental to me :sis: I would say Aura, Heavy Metal Lover, and Electric Chapel. She's better at experimental. 

W A T

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Reality
1 hour ago, donthatemeplss said:

Well, they were better commercially and for the mainstream. And it's not a fact, it's an opinion that the songs you just mentioned are her best songs. In my opinion, they're not: I'm am/never was a fan of Poker Face; Just Dance is great; Alejandro is great; Born This Way, while the message is incredible, musically, it's not my favorite; and Edge of Glory, like Just Dance and Alejandro, is also great. Saying those songs are her best are opinions, not facts.

However, if you're talking about their commercial success and how well they performed on the charts, then yes, those are some of her best songs. And that would be a fact. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

En_Sabah_Nur
21 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well, they were better commercially and for the mainstream. And it's not a fact, it's an opinion that the songs you just mentioned are her best songs. In my opinion, they're not: I'm am/never was a fan of Poker Face; Just Dance is great; Alejandro is great; Born This Way, while the message is incredible, musically, it's not my favorite; and Edge of Glory, like Just Dance and Alejandro, is also great. Saying those songs are her best are opinions, not facts.

However, if you're talking about their commercial success and how well they performed on the charts, then yes, those are some of her best songs. And that would be a fact. 

I think that's what they were referring to...  :flop:

Egypt. W

BuzzcutSeason

commercial music and its not even close.

Songs like ARTPOP, Aura, etc. aren't welcomed by me. And while u can say that means its basic or un-original its really hard (especially in 2016) to actually make good commercial music that is amazing. gaga is good at that.

EDIT: Judas isn't really experimental, it has the same exact body as bad romance and her signature work w Redone

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Can't get more experimental than VENUS >>>>>>>>  :green:

ARTPOP the song, though

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

En_Sabah_Nur
6 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

ARTPOP the song, though

Close...  lol 

Egypt. W

Archived