Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is GagaDaily the new BreatheHeavy?

Spyro

Featured Posts

Haroon
5 hours ago, Brooke Candy said:

So now Gaga is being 100% betrayed / ditched by her OWN fansite. No wonder she didn't accept your birthday gift and completely ignored it. I guess she was just a step ahead. 

"your" :duck: You're part of this site too, whether or not you participated in the present. It's also not necessary and quite a low blow to bring that up and try to attack with it because you're upset with the banners. If you're upset with the banners then that's fine and understandable but still no reason to bring in other things to make jabs with :omg: Go criticise the banners, not the users who took out time and effort to make a birthday present for Gaga :smh: 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bebe

I'd also like to point out that the Katy/Britney singles were already huge stories in this forum before the banners appeared. So I don't really see the banners as a promotion of these artists over Gaga, I just see it as an acknowledgment of what the community here is currently focused on and discussing. It's an acknowledgment of the current subject of interest for our members.

When Gaga appears in the spotlight again and releases new music, the forums focus will naturally move back towards Gaga and the banners will reflect that. But today, with no Gaga news or recent Gaga events, the forums focus was on these singles dropped by two hugely popular stars and so that's what the banners reflected.

This is still Gagadaily, the focus is still absolutely on Gaga and Gaga news takes priority - but the singles were already the focus of the forum, the discussion of the forum was already dominated with discussions of these singles, the singles were already a huge area of interest for the forum. The banners didn't create this atmosphere that pushed for discussion, they just acknowledged and reflected what was already a hot topic for the community.  

I'm a fan of the French banner now too - It's also topical and reflects an area of discussion and interest for our members while also being a sign of solidarity with France and with our French monsters.

I think it's good for the site to reflect the current hot topics of discussion for the forum, I thought that the banners were nice and represented the idea that we are all here - united as Gaga fans - with common interests. There is no competition between artists and if there is some event that captures the interests of our community, it can be acknowledged and reflected in the banners :wub:

I can see how it was surprising to some - but I think it was blown out of proportion. This is still GagaDaily and we are all here because of a mutual adoration for Lady Gaga. If the community is captivated by something else on a particular day it's okay for that to be acknowledged. It doesn't dampen or cheapen our love of Gaga and her music to acknowledge that our community often has other shared interests :)

Caesium

Unless the name changes from "Gaga Daily" to "Music Daily", it's still a Gaga focused forum. 

Now go outside and catch some Pokemon 

Flash-Mob3.gif 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

ProdigyARTPOP

I get the feeling many of you don't understand that their is nothing wrong for a fan base to love and appreciate, let alone give a little recognition to an artist at least for a day. I grow ashamed of this fanbase for the comments I see everyday. #SpreadOnlineKindness

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Caesium said:

Unless the name changes from "Gaga Daily" to "Music Daily", it's still a Gaga focused forum. 

Now go outside and catch some Pokemon 

Flash-Mob3.gif 

Is that... Zilla? :udidnt:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Whispering
7 hours ago, Bebe said:

Gurl, stop trying it.

Stop quoting me as if I have told you this is a start. I haven't.  I've said I know as much as you about this and I have said that your criticism is premature because from all anyone knows it could be a starting point.

I'm not saying it's a starting point, I'm saying criticism over the fact that previous releases haven't had this treatment is premature - because there would need to be some sort of starting point (whether that be Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce, Britney or Katy).

I'm not your gurl, and you quoted me in the first place. 

It is either a start to a new trend here of an exception. If it is a start to a change, then great! If it is an exception, then there lies the criticism that you are so insistent that I can't express for some reason. 

Bebe
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

I'm not your gurl, and you quoted me in the first place. 

It is either a start to a new trend here of an exception. If it is a start to a change, then great! If it is an exception, then there lies the criticism that you are so insistent that I can't express for some reason. 

Yes, it's either the start of a new trend or an exception. You have no idea which one it is yet, hence why I keep telling you the criticism you have is a little premature :smh:

Whispering
Just now, Bebe said:

Yes, it's either the start of a new trend or an exception. You have no idea which one it is yet, hence why I keep telling you the criticism you have is a little premature

If you were to make this big of a deal, as you are making here, over every comment that MIGHT be "premature criticism" over any subject on this forum, you wouldn't have time to discuss anything else here. Let people express their dissatisfaction. 

Bebe
25 minutes ago, Whispering said:

If you were to make this big of a deal, as you are making here, over every comment that MIGHT be "premature criticism" over any subject on this forum, you wouldn't have time to discuss anything else here. Let people express their dissatisfaction. 

I don't think my original comment was making such a big deal of things tbh. My first comment was simply that, in fairness to Admin there would have to be a starting point. The criticisms would have been made if it was started earlier with other artists.

My second comment was rather long, because I wanted the chance to express my own complete feelings on the banner, but you then just called them  "BS" and "excuses you are making" anyway :shrug:

I think that's when it became a "big deal" from one of us at least. You then seemed to hold me to the claim that the banners were definitely the start of a trend, which is not what I ever claimed, hence the frustration and sassy "gurl" comment. It felt like you were itching to catch me out on statements and promises  that I had never made with your promises to @ me if future releases didn't get the same treatment or with your sarcastic clapping emojis saying "Great! It's a start! Can't wait, then! ".

I only originally quoted you to make the simple point that, if the banners had started with Rihanna or any other artist the exact same criticism would be made. It was nothing more than a casual comment advising you to maybe hold off on critiquing this as an exception before we got the full picture. From that simple comment I found you to be needlessly snarky, sarcastic and aggressive in your posts.

From your very first reply to me, nitpicking my use of the term 'pop culture forum' by saying "This isn't a pop culture forum. It is a Gaga forum. How sad is it that a mod doesn't know that. " to saying my points where "BS" and "excuses", to threatening to hold me to promises I never made by saying  "I will @ you in my comments if we start missing major releases."

I apologise if you think I'm making this a big deal and I apologise if my use of the term 'gurl' offended you. I thought my original reply was as casual as you could possibly get and I actually found your responses to be "making a big deal" out of such a simple comment.

Obviously the conversation is going nowhere, so I don't see a point in continuing to go around in circles, but to make this absolutely clear - I'm not saying it "MIGHT" be premature criticism. I'm saying it quite obviously is - because you are criticising this for being an exception without waiting to see if it forms part of a trend :smh:

Whispering
12 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't think my original comment was making such a big deal of things tbh. My first comment was simply that, in fairness to Admin there would have to be a starting point. The criticisms would have been made if it was started earlier with other artists.

My second comment was rather long, because I wanted the chance to express my own complete feelings on the banner, but you then just called them  "BS" and "excuses you are making" anyway :shrug:

I think that's when it became a "big deal" from one of us at least. You then seemed to hold me to the claim that the banners were definitely the start of a trend, which is not what I ever claimed, hence the frustration and sassy "gurl" comment. It felt like you were itching to catch me out on statements and promises  that I had never made with your promises to @ me if future releases didn't get the same treatment or with your sarcastic clapping emojis saying "Great! It's a start! Can't wait, then! ".

I only originally quoted you to make the simple point that, if the banners had started with Rihanna or any other artist the exact same criticism would be made. It was nothing more than a casual comment advising you to maybe hold off on critiquing this as an exception before we got the full picture. From that simple comment I found you to be needlessly snarky, sarcastic and aggressive in your posts.

From your very first reply to me, nitpicking my use of the term 'pop culture forum' by saying "This isn't a pop culture forum. It is a Gaga forum. How sad is it that a mod doesn't know that. " to saying my points where "BS" and "excuses", to threatening to hold me to promises I never made by saying  "I will @ you in my comments if we start missing major releases."

I apologise if you think I'm making this a big deal and I apologise if my use of the term 'gurl' offended you. I thought my original reply was as casual as you could possibly get and I actually found your responses to be "making a big deal" out of such a simple comment.

Obviously the conversation is going nowhere, so I don't see a point in continuing to go around in circles, but to make this absolutely clear - I'm not saying it "MIGHT" be premature criticism. I'm saying it quite obviously is - because you are criticising this for being an exception without waiting to see if it forms part of a trend

Good grief. You keep quoting me with paragraphs and paragraphs. I'm not going to agree with you. You aren't going to convinvce me to think your way. Yes, I know why you quoted me and I still don't agree with your thinking. You stating it over and over with more and more paragraphs isn't going to convince me to think otherwise. How hard is that to understand? I don't like the banners with other artists and that opinion should be allowed without making it such a big deal. Let people express their dissatisfaction. 

Bebe
15 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Good grief. You keep quoting me with paragraphs and paragraphs. I'm not going to agree with you. You aren't going to convinvce me to think your way. Yes, I know why you quoted me and I still don't agree with your thinking. You stating it over and over with more and more paragraphs isn't going to convince me to think otherwise. How hard is that to understand? I don't like the banners with other artists and that opinion should be allowed without making it such a big deal. Let people express their dissatisfaction. 

It's just in my nature to offer long explanations. I'm sorry if that irritates you. In fairness though, only two sentences in that last post could be construed as me trying to convince you to think a certain way :smh:

Yes, I'm well aware that you disagree with my thinking, but if you keep challenging me on it I'm going to keep responding and if you start holding me to promises I haven't made I'm going to keep clarifying my position.

I mean at this point I think most of this conversation has been you saying "Great it's a start!", "good to know that it is a starting point", "I'm going to @ you if future releases are not given the same treatment" and "Great! It's a start! Can't wait, then! So many new releases coming in the next year!" With me then clarifying that I haven't made any promises like that.

I think it's fair for me to keep clarifying what I have said if you keep continuously misrepresenting what I have said and holding me to promises I haven't made :laughga:

You're allowed to express your dissatisfaction, I haven't tried to prevent you from doing so :shrug: We have nothing left to say on the matter though, so I don't see a point in continuing the conversation...

Yanko
12 hours ago, Whispering said:

Why are other artists on the banner? I don't understand. 

Where was Adele, Taylor, Beyonce, Rihanna when they released their singles? 

because adele taylor bey, rihanna teams did not pay to have their banners here

im sure admin would have done the same  for those artists as well no need to be salty

its clear that hes making money from it which is understandable  

Whispering
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

It's just in my nature to offer long explanations. I'm sorry if that irritates you.

Yes, I'm well aware that you disagree with my thinking, but if you keep challenging me on it I'm going to keep responding and if you start holding me to promises I haven't made I'm going to keep clarifying my position.

I mean at this point I think most of this conversation has been you saying "Great it's a start!" "good to know that it is a starting point" and "I'm going to @ you if future releases are not given the same treatment" and me clarifying that I haven't made any promises like that.

I think it's fair for me to keep clarifying what I have said if you keep continuously misrepresenting what I have said and holding me to promises I haven't made :laughga:

You're allowed to express your dissatisfaction, I haven't tried to prevent you from doing so :shrug: We have nothing left to say on the matter though, so I don't see a point in continuing the conversation...

You keep saying this about discontinuing the conversation, but you keep quoting me. There is a way to end this conversation, ya know. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived