Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Why has Gaga never spoke about BLM?

gagzus

Featured Posts

SilkSpectre0
4 hours ago, bloodandsemen said:

She could've mentioned it. People are making excuses for shady behavior. For someone who stands for equality, she has been far too quiet on police brutality and institutionalized oppression against people of color. She's not expected to be an activist for black lives, but at least an ally, through addressing the specifics. It's embarrassing and so evident that she is slightly white supremacist, and she doesn't even know it herself.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SilkSpectre0
On 14 July 2016 at 6:29 PM, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

Maybe she's scared she might say the wrong thing. I mean look at the Hilary tweet she made, it was so out of place and unnecessary. Maybe it's good that she starts to mind her own business. :shrug:

People need to realise no one wants people,even black celebrities, to talk over BLM. They have a platform of millions of followers-retweeting and amplifying would be enough. They don't need to speak on it themselves 

AJH219

Did I seriously just see someone claim Lady fcking Gaga supports white supremacy?? I literally want to slit my wrists. How are you people even functioning citizens of society? Just because someone doesn't breathless support a movement doesn't mean their advocating the advancement of white power. Holy **** I am truly speechless rn. This kind of ignorance is why no one over the age of 30 takes people our age seriously. Jesus :saladga:

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

SilkSpectre0
4 minutes ago, AJH219 said:

Did I seriously just see someone claim Lady fcking Gaga supports white supremacy?? I literally want to slit my wrists. How are you people even functioning citizens of society? Just because someone doesn't breathless support a movement doesn't mean their advocating the advancement of white power. Holy **** I am truly speechless rn. This kind of ignorance is why no one over the age of 30 takes people our age seriously. Jesus :saladga:

Did you never read Orwell? Neutrality supports oppression 

AJH219
Just now, SilkSpectre0 said:

Did you never read Orwell? Neutrality supports oppression 

I quite disagree with this statement. But you're mind is already made up. You've lost your credibility to me when you agreed with the above user that Gaga is a supporter of white supremacy. I'm not interested in debating with someone who claims everyone is a racist asshole because their not ejaculating over a movement :awkney:

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

SilkSpectre0
6 minutes ago, AJH219 said:

I quite disagree with this statement. But you're mind is already made up. You've lost your credibility to me when you agreed with the above user that Gaga is a supporter of white supremacy. I'm not interested in debating with someone who claims everyone is a racist asshole because their not ejaculating over a movement

If you read that persons post it said she is slightly supporting white supremacy without realising it. You however seem to realise you do and don't care. you can disagree with the statement all you like. It's a fact of life that when you are neutral in times of injustice or hamper the efforts of the oppressed you are automatically strengthening or supporting the side of the oppressor. I'm not here to debate anything, in fact I refuse to even argue the point. Ask yourself why you wanna argue against caring about black lives.

Speechless94
5 hours ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

If you read that persons post it said she is slightly supporting white supremacy without realising it. You however seem to realise you do and don't care. you can disagree with the statement all you like. It's a fact of life that when you are neutral in times of injustice or hamper the efforts of the oppressed you are automatically strengthening or supporting the side of the oppressor. I'm not here to debate anything, in fact I refuse to even argue the point. Ask yourself why you wanna argue against caring about black lives.

The problem with your statement is that she is actually not being quiet or neutral when it comes to social injustice. She just does express open support of the Black Lives Matter movement. This particular movement is not the end all, be all movement for racial justice. One might not support the Black Lives Matter movement for example, but they could support the new efforts led by Alicia Keys with her 'We Are Here' movement...which actually has a website and very blatantly lays out their mission and the changes they want to make through actual legislation, petitions, and culture. 

Gaga is quiet on the "Black Lives Matter" front for the same reason every other significant person is. It's chaotic and unstructured. There is way too much variance in the messages and signals that are being sent out from the movement. 

No body is arguing against caring for black lives, I assure you of that. And that is the problem with many of the people who scream at people for not joining the BLM movement. If somebody has even the slightest concern with how the BLM movement represents itself or the way it conducts its protests/marches, they are automatically told they are a racist and that they don't care about Black lives. 

Gaga has probably given more money for justice than you'll probably even see in your life to be honest. You have no clue what the woman does in her time. The woman went to a convention of Mayors to help facilitate discussions on how to better improve cities and cut down the systematic problems that lead to things like police brutality. Don't you dare for one single second try to pass Gaga off a being 'neutral' in situations like this. Just because she doesn't publicly tweet that hashtag or the words "black lives matter" doesn't mean she isn't an ally, or deeply concerned for blacks and more specifically, black youth. If that's all it takes to considered an activist now-a-days...tweeting??....then I guess you guys on here complaining about her are the next Martin Luther Kings.

Go f****** call your senators

Go f****** sign petitions 

Go f****** volunteer in your community 

Go f****** donate to a  cause 

Get the f*** off facebook and twitter and do something instead of yelling at people for not doing enough. 

Brian Ryan

You guys live for a tweet. Action speaks louder than a tweet. However, considering she is Lady Gaga. I thought she say something about Black Lives Matter by now perhaps she does not care about black issues.

Gardevoir
On 11/07/2016 at 8:27 PM, Roomingfree77 said:

lol

Not lol. It's true.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Kayla
4 hours ago, Speechless94 said:

Gaga has probably given more money for justice than you'll probably even see in your life to be honest. You have no clue what the woman does in her time. The woman went to a convention of Mayors to help facilitate discussions on how to better improve cities and cut down the systematic problems that lead to things like police brutality. Don't you dare for one single second try to pass Gaga off a being 'neutral' in situations like this.

THANK YOU

I'm actually curious what some of these people have actually done to prevent these issues or change the world because Gaga has done a ****ing LOT of beneficial things to help shape society, or at least be a part of the change. 

President Trump
On July 15, 2016 at 2:10 AM, SilkSpectre0 said:

You said blm need to be more like MLK. You clearly know nothing about MLK or you'd know blm are following his protest ideas etc. Just say you don't care about black lives, no need to pretend you would if they acted different (which is a type of oppression)

I didn't say that wtf. I said that Bernie marched with mlk. Why are admins liking your post. You are obviously. A troll. This whole website is like a mental hospital omg. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

SilkSpectre0
6 hours ago, Speechless94 said:

The problem with your statement is that she is actually not being quiet or neutral when it comes to social injustice. She just does express open support of the Black Lives Matter movement. This particular movement is not the end all, be all movement for racial justice. One might not support the Black Lives Matter movement for example, but they could support the new efforts led by Alicia Keys with her 'We Are Here' movement...which actually has a website and very blatantly lays out their mission and the changes they want to make through actual legislation, petitions, and culture. 

Gaga is quiet on the "Black Lives Matter" front for the same reason every other significant person is. It's chaotic and unstructured. There is way too much variance in the messages and signals that are being sent out from the movement. 

No body is arguing against caring for black lives, I assure you of that. And that is the problem with many of the people who scream at people for not joining the BLM movement. If somebody has even the slightest concern with how the BLM movement represents itself or the way it conducts its protests/marches, they are automatically told they are a racist and that they don't care about Black lives. 

Gaga has probably given more money for justice than you'll probably even see in your life to be honest. You have no clue what the woman does in her time. The woman went to a convention of Mayors to help facilitate discussions on how to better improve cities and cut down the systematic problems that lead to things like police brutality. Don't you dare for one single second try to pass Gaga off a being 'neutral' in situations like this. Just because she doesn't publicly tweet that hashtag or the words "black lives matter" doesn't mean she isn't an ally, or deeply concerned for blacks and more specifically, black youth. If that's all it takes to considered an activist now-a-days...tweeting??....then I guess you guys on here complaining about her are the next Martin Luther Kings.

Go f****** call your senators

Go f****** sign petitions 

Go f****** volunteer in your community 

Go f****** donate to a  cause 

Get the f*** off facebook and twitter and do something instead of yelling at people for not doing enough. 

Excuse me but I'm an adult who actually does work for activist causes and donates. I sign petitions and atten protests. 

Your comment was tl so I dr it all especially after you said she supports blm and then said she is quiet on it.

gaga also got awkwardly quiet during that mayor discussion when they mentioned donating to people to actually reduce poverty and increase social cohesiveness.

SilkSpectre0
2 hours ago, Kayla said:

THANK YOU

I'm actually curious what some of these people have actually done to prevent these issues or change the world because Gaga has done a ****ing LOT of beneficial things to help shape society, or at least be a part of the change. 

Which is why it's odd she's so quiet about a major social issue. 

Gypsy Life

White people get attacked when they talk about black issues. Even if they support it, they get accused of wanting to be black and appropriating their culture and such. It's better for her not to talk about it. 

Archived