💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

next Tour - eliminate backing tracks

giskardsb

Featured Posts

TEANUS

Backing tracks literally are just to keep the show pleasant like others have stated. They keep the show on track. Plus it's not like Gaga doesn't sing live plenty anyway. Just because a few of us don't like something doesn't mean Gaga should do away with it. That's not how being an artist works :awkney:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
melodichard

For those saying it would take away from her choreo - let's b real her dancing isn't that great even with heavy reliance on back tracks. She should focus on what she's good at, singing and playing instruments, which I think we are getting with LG5 if she's working with Tame Impala (at least hopefully). 

TEANUS
Just now, Melodichard said:

For those saying it would take away from her choreo - let's b real her dancing isn't that great even with heavy reliance on back tracks. She should focus on what she's good at, singing and playing instruments, which I think we are getting with LG5 if she's working with Tame Impala (at least hopefully). 

Please. Gaga is the best dancer in the pop biz along with Bey. She's not Britney level but Britney was on MJ level so that's hard to achieve. Just because she doesn't dance every second of the show like MJ did doesn't mean she's not that great of a dancer. Being a good dancer is having free, precise movement, which Gaga does most of the time. Look at The Monster Ball, early BTWB performances before the hip began breaking, and parts of the artRave. She's a good dancer

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, Melodichard said:

She should focus on what she's good at, singing and playing instruments, which I think we are getting with LG5 if she's working with Tame Impala (at least hopefully). 

well, have fun selling out concerts without choreo :laughga: concerts without choreo are boring af, and no one goes on a gaga concert to listen gaga's vocals, they want a fcking party with dancing and rave. 

jojuun
8 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

:what: Can we just have our own opinion on this or is it MUST for you to be the one who is always right?

Freedom 90 is a funky/dance song.

Those are his backup singers, they go everywhere with him for years and HE IS NOT ALWAYS SITTING DOWN

He's walking, running and dancing and delivering perfect vocals. 

compare to album version

Backup vocals are just enchancing the song. 

If this was about opinions, I would have left this thread a long time ago. However, I'm educated on sound mixing and technicalities so I can't read inaccuracies and let it slide without replying.

Freedom '90 is a midtempo song. It is NOT a "heavy" song when you count it's BPM (beats per minute) and there is NO cohesive choreography. The backup vocals with the choir (let's just face it, it's a damn choir, count them) are NOT possible for Gaga, or do you want Telephone to sound like this:

George's music lends itself to this type of vocalists and live performances, Gaga's music does not. It's that simple. Unless you want all of her hits slowed down as funkified mid-tempo's, it's not realistic. Impossible.

melodichard
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

well, have fun selling out concerts without choreo :laughga: concerts without choreo are boring af, and no one goes on a gaga concert to listen gaga's vocals, they want a fcking party with dancing and rave. 

If the music is good, you don't need smoke and mirrors to make a concert enjoyable :queenga:

jojuun
1 minute ago, Melodichard said:

If the music is good, you don't need smoke and mirrors to make a concert enjoyable :queenga:

Oh please. Imagine Bad Romance or Just Dance without choreography, just her standing there and singing it. Or would you say BR and JD aren't good songs?

And Gaga once said this herself, her theatrics aren't "smoke and mirrors" to cover up that she's untalented, her smoke and mirrors are PART of her personality. Gaga IS fashion, Gaga IS partying, Gaga IS dancing. If you haven't gotten that by now, I don't know why you became a fan in the first place.

Gaga's hated by most for being "extra" and for being so theatrical, so for you, a member on her #1 fansite, to say you'd prefer her without the "smoke and mirrors" is just incredibly illogical. 

She's proven countless times that she's an incredible musician and not to mention an outstanding live vocalist. So why would you take the showgirl element away from her? She obviously loves it.

lego
5 minutes ago, jojuun said:

If this was about opinions, I would have left this thread a long time ago. However, I'm educated on sound mixing and technicalities so I can't read inaccuracies and let it slide without replying.

Freedom '90 is a midtempo song. It is NOT a "heavy" song when you count it's BPM (beats per minute) and there is NO cohesive choreography. The backup vocals with the choir (let's just face it, it's a damn choir, count them) are NOT possible for Gaga, or do you want Telephone to sound like this:

George's music lends itself to this type of vocalists and live performances, Gaga's music does not. It's that simple. Unless you want all of her hits slowed down as funkified mid-tempo's, it's not realistic. Impossible.

I knew you'll mention choreo, but it does not matter. You highlighted that he was sitting down, as if it's not possible to sound great while dancing and moving around the stage and having backup singers. That is not choir, I know all of them and there is big difference between them and the choir in the video you posted. 

They're matching his vocals perfectly, but they're not louder than him. She could have that.

You are only talking about her hit songs, which she often looks bored performing on tour, but you have no idea how her next album is gonna sound.

What will you say if she won't have any choreo, on the next tour, what if she'd focus more on vocals and live instruments and just have some random dance moves? Or let backup dancers to do the job?

She sang both Bad Romance and Just Dance acoustic and it was great. 

FreePalestine

gagzus

im half half with this because i liked the C2C show with her live vocals and segments of her tours without backing track. But then again her mic feed for things like artRAVE's stream and the Monster Ball where she sounds awful, out of breath and nasal (how anyone thought she was a good live singer pre-c2c is beyond me tbh) does wonders because it hides the tragic live vocals. And don't EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HER APPALLING SINGING WHEN SHE SINGS JUDAS AND ALEJANDRO WHERE THEY AUTOTUNED HER TO **** TO GIVE HER AN ACCENT NNN 

MaryJaneHolland
33 minutes ago, Melodichard said:

sure jan 

CannaeDrive

I agree completely cause I don't care for the dance thing, i'm here for the music, the vocals and her natural charisma and stage presence. She can entertain and owning the stage without resorting to heavy choreography, she has proved this many times.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Leeo

For any "POP CONCERT", impossible. It's a must to have a backtrack and IT'S NOT A BAD THING. Backtrack doesn't mean she's playbacking or lazy (unless she has a backtrack playing and singing 1 word out of 10 while just standing doing nothing...). Unless she's bringing her "ANTI TOUR" (Wich I doubt after artRAVE) without any good prop and trying to sell it as "Look it's me I don't need props listen to my voice only" type... then u can expect the same that's happening to Rihanna right now...

Monster Ball is the way I wish it could be again, the mix of backing vocals + backtrack + choreos with her voice KILLING it.

artRAVE had few issues over the audio stuff. The Livestream can't count tho cuz it was more likely "Yahoo's" fault with her Microphone and stuff. This is why a DVD would be way better since things can be properly edited from sound to camera position and not rushed because it's livestream in real time for the world... anyway...

(Oh @jojuun thank u for the class about audio mixing omg for real I never saw everything so deep and clear <3 )

Sister

I want this from Gaga more than anything else, sing all of the setlist in full [ no medleys] and she can have her few background dancers and she can join them in movement sporadically, but remain the main focus on stage and yet, fill the stage with her big personality and voice and live musicians, also, not so many costume changes.

I would like Gaga to be more focused on her song and the voice taking over. Gaga isn't just a pop personality anymore, she's a force to be reckoned with. Gaga has gotten a lot of respect and she can use it to feel and show more confidence that she is driving her shows.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

AndrewGr
1 hour ago, jojuun said:

Those are not backup vocalists, that a freaking choir. And Michael is SITTING DOWN. Gaga does that all the time during her acoustic songs. It's not possible to get these types of vocals for a dance song, unless it's slowed down (like Poker Face acoustic).

Why is everyone on here so clueless about the technical part of performing? :toofunny:

You should take a break from this thread tbh :toofunny:

VOLANTIS
47 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Please. Gaga is the best dancer in the pop biz along with Bey. She's not Britney level but Britney was on MJ level so that's hard to achieve. 

:what::what::wtfga:

Am I seeing this right?

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived