💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The reason why Bowie's son hate Gaga's performance

ThatAsianGuy

Featured Posts

ThatAsianGuy

Forgive me for saying this but I think the reason why Bowie's son didn't like the performance is it lacks conviction. Like how it turns out to be is just a mere promotion for Intel. The BTS says it all I don't feel it was a tribute but an ad. If Gaga sat down on a piano and sings without any of those gimmicks I think he would have appreciate it. Sorry Gaga. :diane:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

she did her job and she loved it

he can suck a D :madge:

Fiona Apple

I have no problem with him disliking the performance.I have a problem with him being rude and insulting Gaga like an asshole...

JustAnotherDay

I think it was kind of misunderstood because unlike most tributes she didn't sing a ballad, she performed a full medley of his energetic signature songs which many people felt was unfitting right after he died, however when you watch the performance she devoted herself fully, I remember watching and thinking that the way she carries herself was much more Bowie then Gaga, and then the whole Intel think was messy, I doubt it was Gaga's idea, since Intel did the technology they probably bought the commercial spots before his death and wanted to use them regardless even though it seemed insensitive 

was NickARTPOP

KyliesChild

It could be like that ukelele playing guy (pardon me I forgot his name but I'll make an edit soon) that wanted his death to be a celebration. I do agree that it was a bit too much however he can not deny how there was many elements she incorporated (I believe the Yohji Yammamoto suit, choreography from Diamond Dogs tour, etc). It was a bit disrespectful since David might've not have been pleased with Gaga. I've heard many say that, and it is very detrimental that:

1. It seems that way

2. It might've been

There was some elements that weren't pleasing, but Lady Gaga was the perfect choice. She should've made the show more cohesive, simple, and emotional.

kabirartfling

I think that was an EPIC performance! Honestly thanks to her i fell in love with bowie, that was the first time ever i heard his songs, downloaded all the 10 songs she performed, kept them on repeat cuz thats how good her tribute was! Duncan can either like it, or cannot....its purely his opinion. 

Give your love to me

Didymus

Hmm. I don't know. I think Bowie just didn't like her, and Gaga knew that, so for her to do a tribute anyway felt like a slap in the face of his family, especially because she actually dressed up as David. The reason you presented is valid too, I think that was just the cherry on top.

LebaneseDude

Because he's an ingrate?

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

darkchylde

the thing is that his dad hated her because bowie couldn't handle a woman of gaga's vocal talent doing what he did, and doing it better, in an era where she had even more access to tech and more possibilities than he ever did.

he was amazing but god his attitude was not.

Dominic

It just seemed less like a tribute and more like imitation. I personally didn't find the performance to be that special. I thought Lorde did an incredible job.

However I don't understand why people went for blood simply because Bowie's own son disliked it. After all its his father that had just died. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Fernster7

The commercial was a bad idea, but she devoted herself to that performance and that's why they should appreciate it, maybe not like it, but still appreciate it. I'm grateful for the performance because it made me discover DB's discography and I love a lot of his songs now.:wub:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

TCHIKITAH

He's getting fat and is just angry at the world! Stupid dirty ass hobo look alike. I hope his m or Warcraft flops!! I'm sure it will anyway 

Didymus
23 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

the thing is that his dad hated her because bowie couldn't handle a woman of gaga's vocal talent doing what he did, and doing it better, in an era where she had even more access to tech and more possibilities than he ever did.

he was amazing but god his attitude was not.

I'm sure Gaga herself would roll her eyes at this comment.

Andrew Warhola

He shared that cryptic tweet before the performance had even taken place, which basically disproves the hypothesis that he had an issue with the tribute itself.

As you already mentioned, it could have either been Intel's involvement or perhaps a deep-rooted conflict between Gaga and David Bowie. (Even though Gaga said they were pen pals :rip:)

If it's about the Intel deal, which had previously been arrangedm I personally wouldn't hold it against her. However, if Gaga knew that Bowie's family would take issue with her performing a tribute for him, because of a feud she was aware of, then that would be extremely disappointing and quite frankly disrespectful.

But I honestly don't see the point in dwelling on these thoughts, when there's just an immense lack of disclosure. At the end of the day it is what it is. Slay the slain. :unicorn:

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

Archived