Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

"Gaga ruined AHS"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

SKANK
2 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Well what do you expect from a bunch of teens/young adults? 

That is ageist snobbery.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pablo

It's the writers, it seemed like they had 1000 ideas for Hotel and tried to execute 500 of them at the start of the season and then switched to the other 500 midway. The show had no direction and was a mess. I'm watching the past seasons for the first time and Asylum had a clear plot from the start to finish (haven't completed any other season yet), you could tell everything was written before shooting.

Don't visit my profile

Togekiss

I never thought it was very good honestly. It's always been too corny. If anything she gave the show some A-list cred, but maybe that's just me.

360 > 143

JustAnotherDay

I think that there were two major problems , one was Ryan trying to right the show around Gaga, he should have done it like normal and then cast her in a role that suited her best, and the second was that too many plots were trying to be executed, I think it would have been much better if the ten-commandment killer plot line was removed entirely

was NickARTPOP

DeanWinchester

Coven is the only pre-Gaga AHS I watched :v:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Pacify Him

No. It's just that Season 5 really has no direction to start with. Unlike the previous seasons, it doesn't contain any "horror" vibes. It's all just sex and a pathetic attempt for a "different" vampire lore. The connection to Nosferatu is pretty cool tho, never would've guessed that.

What everybody needs to see after seeing that season is the movie, The Strange Color Of Your Body's Tears.

Spoiler

It's all sex, hallucinations, and murder with lots of trippy scenes. Perfect for a hotel theme tbh

You thought that after Freakshow, which was based on one specific movie, they would still have lots of inspiration? Tbqh I agree when they say it's a Gaga show :interestinga:

I’m getting on your nerves

darkchylde
40 minutes ago, Misaki said:

Well what do you expect from a bunch of teens/young adults? 

, said the otaku

FGGrayson

Seson 2 >>> Season 4 & 6 >>> Season 1 >>> Season 3

haters can stay presseddT

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

TerrenceV2

Wait Freakshow was worse than Hotel? :toofunny: Is that even possible? I've only seen Hotel and it is by far one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. :rip: I honestly have no interest in watching the next season, I'll only look up for the Gaga parts on YouTube this time.

playground love - josef salvat

darkchylde

i think they need a better theme for future seasons. the whole rumored secret boarding school sounds great if they're doing it ala El Internado but i think the first seasons fans don't realize two things:

1. the writers want views.
2. gore doesn't give views.

my point is, even if they come up with good themes, writers will water it down so it's edible for casual viewers & the general public who sit to watch ahs after dinner and don't really feel like throwing up.

a shame if you ask me because a show with the budget and talent of ahs under the direction of something like hannibal (nbc) could be the greatest thing to happen to horror/thriller tv history.

let's just pray this season the writing is not as bad as freakshow's.

darkchylde
2 minutes ago, Brodinsky said:

Wait Freakshow was worse than Hotel? :toofunny: Is that even possible? I've only seen Hotel and it is by far one of the worst shows I've seen in my life. :rip: I honestly have no interest in watching the next season, I'll only look up for the Gaga parts on YouTube this time.

you really need to give coven a try because even if you think the writing is bad it has some pretty badass moments that made it into pop culture history and the aesthetics are amazing.

the soundtrack too is good, the cover of "house of the rising sun" for the season is 10/10

Pacify Him
6 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

let's just pray this season the writing is not as bad as freakshow's.

I actually think Freakshow had the right idea. The whole season was meant to disgust its viewers and force them to feel sympathy for those freaks.

It's just that they couldn't stop milking Jessica's acting successes. They keep giving her scenes where she'd break down and cry. It was so evident that she got the most emotional scenes in 4.

I can't really remember what went wrong. It was so long ago oops! I should give the season a second watch like what I'm doing with Coven right now. Season 3 is just too iconic amazing.

I’m getting on your nerves

ARTGOD

For the Gaga haters: Gaga hasn't ruined the show, cause it's still good, if anything the writers should step their game up and deliver a tighter storyline next season.

For the AHS haters: She hasn't saved it, the show is respected, gets good ratings and has a big fanbase, long before Gaga ever came along.

Guys, Gaga is just another actress in the show, her performance is not capable of ruining or saving a show, that's just delusional either way.

Now quality wise, I don't know what some people are watching but AHS has never been awful, even at its worst (Coven) it's entertaining and well made, at its best is f****ing genius (Asylum).

Gypsy Life

Shouldn't you be directing this meltdown to those haters you're speaking of instead of us? 

Archived