❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Can AHS: 6 top American Crime Story?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Hotel remains my favorite season, it had awesome visuals and I enjoyed that universe in its own way and of course Gaga contributed to me enjoying the season even more but I think we unanimously agree that Asylum is the best AHS season.

Spoiler

For your info, the Emmy nominations will be revealed in 11 days, on 14th of July. Gaga, unfortunately is not eligible to be a recipient of the Emmy for Til It Happens To You because she hasn't got sufficient writing credit for the song. However, she stands a chance for AHS, though experts' predictions put the odds in favour of Sarah Paulson for her work in American Crime Story.

As a huge fan of both American Horror and Crime Stories, I want Gaga to do that critically acclaimed show that is ACS, but I don't think this is possible, Gaga has LG5, AHS, jazz album and the Bradley Cooper movie in hands, so she wouldn't have the time to do both shows at once. Maybe in the future, when she doesn't need to release two albums simultaneously, she'll be able to channel Sarah Paulson and shoot two TV shows at once, then perhaps she might be able to appear in ACS. (I'm not saying this because ACS gives her a better potential to win awards, I mean yeah that too :air: but also because my father and I really enjoy ACS, and I want her to do this totally different show for the sake of entertainment)

I think AHS seriously needs to step it up to be placed on par with ACS, they are both anthology series by Ryan Murphy and the latter is going to outshine the former (at least in terms of critical reception) and it's going to make AHS look real bad, especially when ACS goes home with tons of trophies whereas AHS gets nothing every year onwards (they are both competing in the same categories), it was after all, once a critically acclaimed, popular TV show and I don't desire to see it dwindle.

Considering Ryan is to some extent behind both ACS and AHS, do you think he's able to bring AHS to the same level that is of ACS?

monketsharona

I think they are preparing something big for next season, so yeah definitely

ryanripley

i want them to :ohno: i hope they bring back the magic they had in season 1 and 2, since then the seasons have been lacking something but Hotel was an improvement from the awful season 4

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bradley
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

i want them to :ohno: i hope they bring back the magic they had in season 1 and 2, since then the seasons have been lacking something but Hotel was an improvement from the awful season 4

I actually really enjoyed Coven, I think even more than Murder House, don't know why people don't give it the credit it deserves. :green:

I know you're referring to Freak Show, it's just every time people talk about the former glory of AHS, they don't include Coven into it.

Sorcerer

I hope so, but it seems a bit far-fetched. People v. OJ got an incredible 97% in Rotten Tomatoes, something a season of AHS never had. But who knows? Maybe they really step it up this time. 

P.S. I also want Gaga to do Crime Story. I loved the first season so much.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I actually really enjoyed Coven, I think even more than Murder House, don't know why people don't give it the credit it deserves. :green:

I know you're referring to Freak Show, it's just every time people talk about the former glory of AHS, they don't include Coven into it.

i liked Coven but the fact everyone who died came back to life really ruined it for me :neyde: even the bitch who got burned alive :neyde: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bradley
1 minute ago, Camore said:

I hope so, but it seems a bit far-fetched. People v. OJ got an incredible 97% in Rotten Tomatoes, something a season of AHS never had. But who knows? Maybe they really step it up this time. 

P.S. I also want Gaga to do Crime Story. I loved the first season so much.

Actually the 97% score is only based on the first episode, isn't it? Though I have to say the rest of the season doesn't disappoint at all.

freebit

They'd have to find some good writers, preferably someone who has a great vision and is willing to commit to it 100%. It makes such a huge difference. The show has everything a great show has.... without actually being great. It's like meeting a ridiculously handsome, employed, and seemingly intelligent guy only to find out he's an annoying person. Like, I don't hate the show, I find it enjoyable & entertaining and there are some moments of brilliance, but the writing can the absolute pits at times. 

ACS has different writers (that aren't Ryan and his usual team) and they obviously have to stay committed to the story they're making because it's based on real events, whereas the AHS writers are known to just make **** up on the fly and don't commit to their original visions of the characters & plot, so that probably makes a difference as well. 

Sorcerer
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Actually the 97% score is only based on the first episode, isn't it? Though I have to say the rest of the season doesn't disappoint at all.

Oh really? So that's why the AHS Hotel RT score was the same since the premiere. Anyway, Crime Story got 90 in Metacritic. Or is that for the 1st ep also? Whatever. It still got universal acclaim. :D

Bradley
1 minute ago, Camore said:

Oh really? So that's why the AHS Hotel RT score was the same since the premiere. Anyway, Crime Story got 90 in Metacritic. Or is that for the 1st ep also? Whatever. It still got universal acclaim. :D

I think so, but AHS's RT score got adjusted to 64% so I'm not sure if the same adjustment has been applied to ACS. Anyway, Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson managed to receive great critical reception without having to rely on ACS's production team, so I believe Gaga can too.

Bradley
4 minutes ago, freebit said:

They'd have to find some good writers, preferably someone who has a great vision and is willing to commit to it 100%. It makes such a huge difference. The show has everything a great show has.... without actually being great. It's like meeting a ridiculously handsome, employed, and seemingly intelligent guy only to find out he's an annoying person. Like, I don't hate the show, I find it enjoyable & entertaining and there are some moments of brilliance, but the writing can the absolute pits at times. 

ACS has different writers (that aren't Ryan and his usual team) and they obviously have to stay committed to the story they're making because it's based on real events, whereas the AHS writers are known to just make **** up on the fly and don't commit to their original visions of the characters & plot, so that probably makes a difference as well. 

How accurate. :air:

Anyway, Asylum the critically acclaimed season was also written by the people who made Freak Show, so the potential is still in these writers, they just need to really put effort into the writing this time, something was off during Freak Show, I'm not saying Hotel because I actually did enjoy Hotel though it could've done better. I heard Ryan has recruited new talent for the show, hopefully their chemistry will give birth to a wonderful season this time.

JusticeforVenus

Was ACS a good show? I slept while watching ep 2... too boring for me :diane:?

PopThatArt
30 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Hotel remains my favorite season, it had awesome visuals and I enjoyed that universe in its own way and of course Gaga contributed to me enjoying the season even more but I think we unanimously agree that Asylum is the best AHS season.

Reveal hidden contents

For your info, the Emmy nominations will be revealed in 11 days, on 14th of July. Gaga, unfortunately is not eligible to be a recipient of the Emmy for Til It Happens To You because she hasn't got sufficient writing credit for the song. However, she stands a chance for AHS, though experts' predictions put the odds in favour of Sarah Paulson for her work in American Crime Story.

As a huge fan of both American Horror and Crime Stories, I want Gaga to do that critically acclaimed show that is ACS, but I don't think this is possible, Gaga has LG5, AHS, jazz album and the Bradley Cooper movie in hands, so she wouldn't have the time to do both shows at once. Maybe in the future, when she doesn't need to release two albums simultaneously, she'll be able to channel Sarah Paulson and shoot two TV shows at once, then perhaps she might be able to appear in ACS. (I'm not saying this because ACS gives her a better potential to win awards, I mean yeah that too :air: but also because my father and I really enjoy ACS, and I want her to do this totally different show for the sake of entertainment)

I think AHS seriously needs to step it up to be placed on par with ACS, they are both anthology series by Ryan Murphy and the latter is going to outshine the former (at least in terms of critical reception) and it's going to make AHS look real bad, especially when ACS goes home with tons of trophies whereas AHS gets nothing every year onwards (they are both competing in the same categories), it was after all, once a critically acclaimed, popular TV show and I don't desire to see it dwindle.

Considering Ryan is to some extent behind both ACS and AHS, do you think he's able to bring AHS to the same level that is of ACS?

That show was garbage tho. 

Go see A Star is Born

Microscope

If Ryan decides to hire the writers from ACS then yeah. AHS is seriously one of the best shows in terms of the costumes/makeup and visuals. The acting ensemble is also top notch. The only thing that lets it down is the inconsistent and sometimes ridiculous writing. We now know Ryan is fully capable of getting good writers on his shows. Let's hope he hires good horror writers for the next season.

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

JusticeforVenus
2 minutes ago, JusticeforVenus said:

Was ACS a good show? I slept while watching ep 2... too boring for me :diane: 

:poot:

Omg I just quoted me...what a mess... sorry

Archived