💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Video Vanguard Award for Gaga - 15-minute performance with LG5 lead

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Wouldn't that be amazing?

If she's looking for a high-profile promotional platform to promote LG5's lead single, it could be the VMAs. If this award show goes by without her involvement at all, I seriously wouldn't know when she's going to drop the lead single, considering she said in 2014 that she intended to properly promote her every future album. There are still going to be the EMAs and AMAs but if an album is to drop by Q4, the lead should come very soon.

Who do you think is going to receive the Vanguard award this year? I have Rihanna and Coldplay in mind but I think Gaga is in their consideration too.

It'd be amazing to do a 15-minute performance ala Justin Timberlake/Beyonce in 2013 and 2014, with Gaga either performing her old hits with the LG5 lead or material solely from LG5.

Thoughts on the possibility of this? :diane:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
11 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Nah, I think it's too early for Gaga to win this

Same :ohno:

Can we still have the performance though? :ph34r:

💚

boyerased

I guess Gaga's videography is an exception to the rule. Madonna had it early on. Riri should go first but after that the most logical choice would be Gaga or maybe a band. 

Bradley
Just now, Kimihiro said:

I guess Gaga's videography is an exception to the rule. Madonna had it early on. Riri should go first but after that the most logical choice would be Gaga or maybe a band. 

I am a HUGE Rihanna fan but I don't think her videos are on par with Gaga's. She has lots of videos but some of them are really void and it seems like she made them for the sake of making them.

kabirartfling

No, i think she will get severe backlash if she wins it, especially this year since her last chart topping single was applause..so no maybe after LG5 but definately not now!

Give your love to me

boyerased
6 minutes ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I am a HUGE Rihanna fan but I don't think her videos are on par with Gaga's. She has lots of videos but some of them are really void and it seems like she made them for the sake of making them.

Vanguard is sort of a seniority thing. So I guess she'll have it first. She served visuals during parts of gggb and rated r. 

Lord Temptation

Am I the only Monster who doesn't care for awards? To me the only prize that matters is seeing and hearing Gaga happy.

Solitaire

It's always struck me as odd that someone who for the majority of her career (and I guess still to this day in some ways) was considered the queen of music videos, hasn't received this award when others who I personally don't find that visually stimulating have. :duck:

Spoiler

But that could just be my Gaga preference, I am a Gaga stan after all :hor: 

- Previously Sycothisis

KyliesChild
26 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Am I the only Monster who doesn't care for awards? To me the only prize that matters is seeing and hearing Gaga happy.

Awards make Gaga happy. :gaycat:

Archived