Creyk

Alejandro VS G.U.Y   

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which one had a better music video

• Alejandro
    • G.U.Y

Featured Posts

crisTEAne

i had to rewatch to decide. while G.U.Y. is pretty much, as gagz admitted it, an eye candy dedicated to little monsters, gypsy 1.0 aka alejandro still remains superior. 

tumblr_mo3932Ps8v1ratq14o1_500.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fanbase annoys me so much sometimes. GUY was labeled as her best video ever by many after its released, but now (in typical monster fashion), they randomly change their mind. If GUY was a big success I bet the poll would be swapped.

The Child

Excuse me but Alejandro music video was such a disappointment honestly, I even prefer TEOG music video.

G.U.Y wins by far.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

I'd like to be in the mind of everyone saying G.U.Y.

How do you guys justify that omg :diane:

Well first of all I never imagined a video like this for Alejandro, it's just Vogue 2.0 mixed with Like A Prayer (the religious imagery) it's just not what I expected when I listened to Alejandro. The lip syncing is badly done, it's awful, her haircut is bad, most of the outfits are ugly, I still don't understand the plot or the storyline behind Alejandro music video.

26 minutes ago, Bloody hooker said:

While I love the GUY video, I think the Alejandro video is executed and planned out better.

Executed better? But the lip syncing is badly done.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Katsuki Bakugo
3 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

GUY because she didn't even need a director for that masterpiece.

She just filmed an afternoon excursion out with the Haus visiting Hearst Castle and back up dancers. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

KURUSHITOVSKA
8 minutes ago, DeathofSamantha said:

She just filmed an afternoon excursion out with the Haus visiting Hearst Castle and back up dancers. 

lol? A music video like GUY is more and more complex than that. A very simple music video is extremely hard to do, so GUY was even harder. It's not just filming people dancing somewhere.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Miel

I feel like a more fair comparison would be MTN versus G.U.Y. Was that thread done yet? At least recently?

3 points in and ready for more

crisTEAne
56 minutes ago, Miel said:

I feel like a more fair comparison would be MTN versus G.U.Y. Was that thread done yet? At least recently?

because she self-directed both?

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Miel
3 minutes ago, T E A said:

Yeah, and that a lot of themes seem consistent with one another.

That was one of my favorite things about it- I always saw GUY as a spiritual successor, or even companion, to MTN.

3 points in and ready for more

15jocart

I prefer the overall video for G.U.Y. (bright and colorful, campy pop culture references), but objectively Alejandro is better executed. G.U.Y. seems like a parody of itself at times while Alejandro makes you uncomfortable in the right ways.

(Also I accidentally voted for G.U.Y. because I thought it was which one we preferred but Alejandro is the better video oops)

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Pity Party

Gaga looked like she was dying from starvation and sunlight deprivation in Alejandro...

FGGrayson

G.U.Y.? i dont know ha

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Katsuki Bakugo
3 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

lol? A music video like GUY is more and more complex than that. A very simple music video is extremely hard to do, so GUY was even harder. It's not just filming people dancing somewhere.

You do understand humour right?

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
2 hours ago, T E A said:

That seems logical to me. 

Archived