💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn't Gaga eligible for Best New Artist at the Grammys?

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

pachinko

I forget why.... But I think they changed the rules after she wasn't eligible. With the new rules, she would have been  eligible. 

Sunny

Because Just Dance was nominated already (if we are talking about 2010)

I like dancin', and ponies....

Didymus

"In 2010, Lady Gaga's exclusion from the Best New Artist category caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony. She was ineligible for the nomination because her hit "Just Dance" had been nominated in 2008. The new rule stated that an artist can be nominated as long as the artist hasn't previously released an entire album and hasn't won a Grammy."

Source: Wikipedia

Didymus

I don't get what I just posted though :chica: Gaga had already released an entire album obviously in 2010, so even with that new rule she still wouldn't have been eligible, right? Why was she only nominated in 2010 in the first place :air:

Edit: Oh wait, I think I'm starting to get it. The old rule was that if you were already nominated for something in an earlier year (without being nominated for Best New Artist that same year), you can't be eligible for that award in a next year. The album thing doesn't apply to Gaga either way, I'm guessing.

Though that still doesn't explain to me why they would even think of nominating Gaga only in 2010 :rip:

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

I forget why.... But I think they changed the rules after she wasn't eligible. With the new rules, she would have been  eligible. 

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

"In 2010, Lady Gaga's exclusion from the Best New Artist category caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony. She was ineligible for the nomination because her hit "Just Dance" had been nominated in 2008. The new rule stated that an artist can be nominated as long as the artist hasn't previously released an entire album and hasn't won a Grammy."

Source: Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Sunny said:

Because Just Dance was nominated already (if we are talking about 2010)

awesome-thrower-of-table-and-catcher-of-

Officially done with them.

Just like Bad Romance didn't hit #1 cos streaming wasn't a thing back then? 😭 

Over.

Dangerous Man

I'm pretty she would have snatched that award though if she was eligible. :neyde: 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I don't get what I just posted though :chica: Gaga had already released an entire album obviously in 2010, so even with that new rule she still wouldn't have been eligible, right? Why was she only nominated in 2010 in the first place :air:

Edit: Oh wait, I think I'm starting to get it. The old rule was that if you were already nominated for something in an earlier year (without being nominated for Best New Artist that same year), you can't be eligible for that award in a next year. The album thing doesn't apply to Gaga either way, I'm guessing.

Though that still doesn't explain to me why they would even think of nominating Gaga only in 2010 :rip:

Not familiar with the rules. But artists must have an album out in order to be eligible for a nomination.!??

So she would've been nominated 2009 if the Fame was released before September 2008?! 

Over.

Kulture Kiari
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

They were trying to nominate her for TFM era, which is "part" of TF era, which means it was pretty much still her first album, enough to be nominated for New Artist. . . . I think. Lol

kabirartfling

Well its alright anyway cuz gaga will win best new artist with LG5 :stalkga:

Give your love to me

Gagz4Gaga

Grammy Best New Artist

Grammy Album of the Year TFM

Bad Romance being Number 1 the whole year

Oscar Best Original Song

Oh the total slayage that would have been. Whyyyyyy :giveup:

nostalgia’s for geeks

Didymus
1 minute ago, RubberHeartt said:

They were trying to nominate her for TFM era, which is "part" of TF era, which means it was pretty much still her first album, enough to be nominated for New Artist. . . . I think. Lol

Right :saladga: How messy.

Not that I care about that ridiculous award show :gaycat: Still haven't forgiven them for major mistakes. Like nominating Teenage Dream as Album (yes, you read that correctly) of the Year :madge: How anyone can still want an award after that is beyond my comprehension.

SlayGagaloo

Omg, she still can be nominated for that category? 

"May not have entered into this category more than three times, including as a performing member of an established group.

Must have achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacted the musical landscape during the eligibility period."

?

Over.

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Grammy Best New Artist

Grammy Album of the Year TFM

Bad Romance being Number 1 the whole year

Oscar Best Original Song

Oh the total slayage that would have been. Whyyyyyy :giveup:

Please stop 

7tiR26m.gif

Over.

Kulture Kiari
7 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Omg, she still can be nominated for that category? 

"May not have entered into this category more than three times, including as a performing member of an established group.

Must have achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacted the musical landscape during the eligibility period."

?

But why would she want to be nominated for it now? I would just laugh because hello, she was nominated for album of the year before, so that would be a true reverse Warholian expedition. 

Archived