question

Is 'A Star is Born' really a good idea?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Bradley
12 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Oh, I would totally be here for it!!! I am just hoping that she's "here for" more than "it" and doesn't let it interfere with the bread and butter of what holds this fan base together. 

But, like I said, if it makes her happy, I'm not complaining. She's the artist. I'm just the fan. Her body of work will ultimately be judged decades from now, as a whole. But it makes me nervous while we live through it, watching it play out! I just want the world to love her artistry as much as I do (and to keep hearing an evolution of the side of her that made me fall in love with her to begin with). 

When Til It Happens To You came out, I thought it was just an ordinary soundtrack for a casual film that is not going to be noticed. It surprised me so much that it was eventually released as a single, got a video, and nominated for so many awards including the Academy award.

I was astonished by the recognition for Til It Happens To You, a lot of times we think less of something when it has yet to materialise but my guts tell me that this film is going to be a fun process for Gaga and will enable her to develop into a more mature actress.

Bradley
39 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I just watched this video and I was replacing their faces with Bradley and Gaga's.

:giveup:

I think they're going to have wonderful chemistry between each other. Also I can totally imagine Gaga belting out those vocals easily.

Make it happen please, King Bradley.

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I just watched this video and I was replacing their faces with Bradley and Gaga's.

:giveup:

I think they're going to have wonderful chemistry between each other. Also I can totally imagine Gaga belting out those vocals easily.

Make it happen please, King Bradley.

I totally see it, too!! 

TimisaMonster

On paper yes cuz she wants to do more acting, but foolish because where is she gonna have time to promote, release, and tour for LG5 amongst all her MANY side projects? It's too much...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Bradley
2 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

On paper yes cuz she wants to do more acting, but foolish because where is she gonna have time to promote, release, and tour for LG5 amongst all her MANY side projects? It's too much...

This won't happen until next year. Of course she needs to promote LG5 next year too but I think she will only truly be heavily involved in March or April, since production begins in February.

giskardsb
58 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I'm starting to think she wants to be remembered as more of a "Barbra" than "Madonna"... Nothing wrong with that at all, but it would appear to be another step further away from her identity as an electro-dance-pop-Goddess. 

Gaga has always been way more Barbra or Liza than Madonna.  

giskardsb
15 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

you all need to quit with this idea that acting is a side project.

and I don't think she's doing this movie just for oscar bait.. Gaga knows how hard Oscars are to come by.   I think she just wants to do the project and have an opportunity to grow as an actress, whether it's "oscar-worthy" or not.  The fans are thirstier for these awards than she is.

Archived