đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Does anyone agree?

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

I always knew that that the target date for LG5 has been Q4 of 2016 since day one. It's only logical that Interescope will somehow make Gaga release it during Q4. That is the best time of the year to release an album, especially the A-list artists. It's just in time for Holiday sales, and labels want their biggest artists to release during that time of the year because they know it will sell more and it will make them more money. Gaga is one of their biggest names, so Q4 is pretty much expected. Elton is definitely going off of speculation when he said early next year, you can tell he didn't know what he was talking about. I trust Mark when he said there goal is to put it out by year-end. After all, he just might be the executive producer of this album, so he surely knows what's going on. I believe Q4 of 2016 was the plan all along. Hopefully the first single will arrive late Q3.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

I respect Elton but he clearly doesn't know the marketing strategies and release plans of LG5

Kermit

Leak in July, lead single release in August and album release in November. kj1.gif

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Judas Oyster

I've also always believed the album will be released Q4 2016 :) Sadly enough, but realistic in my opinion.

Bradley

I thought she was going to release new music shortly after the Oscars. :emma:

I don't know what to expect now. If it were up to me, I'd say the lead single can come before the Grammy deadline (end of September) and the album after, so that Gaga gets to attend both 2017 and 2018 ceremonies.

So hopefully the lead single will come in July, or June.

Arizona Sky
4 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

I respect Elton but he clearly doesn't know the marketing strategies and release plans of LG5

Yeah I think its clear he got a little excited and started speculating as an attempt to hype us.

Mikey Monster

I totally agree with this. I think a lead single will definitely come in August. I really think in the next couple months we will get something and guys just imagine. Gaga has been planning this so well and when it comes she will be SO ready organized and prepared. Get ready monsters!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Mikey McCampbell

Arizona Sky

I also don't get how you guys think Gaga scrapped the original concept and started over. I'm pretty sure the reason she ditched RedOne is because his sound wasn't in the direction she wanted to go in. I'm actually pretty sure that it was a suggestion for them to work together again by Interscope. I don't even think she had the full concept before Bowie's death. She probably had a couple of songs just for a start. I think she really started to figure out thus direction earlier this year. In a radio interview in March, she said that she finally knew what she wanted to say on this record. If you remember, Bobby stated that she would start figuring out the direction of the album as AHS was airing, so she clearly wasn't ready for a Q1/Q2 2016 release!

ReidOne

I don't believe the album is even finished. So any speculation towards its release timing is rooted in just that --- mere speculation. This time around, post-ARTPOP, I firmly believe Gaga will not release it until she's ready. 

I do believe the original intent was to release in Q4 2016, but I believe those plans have gone out the window now, in favor of honoring the creative process (which I applaud). 

PopThatArt
23 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

I always knew that that the target date for LG5 has been Q4 of 2016 since day one. It's only logical that Interescope will somehow make Gaga release it during Q4. That is the best time of the year to release an album, especially the A-list artists. It's just in time for Holiday sales, and labels want their biggest artists to release during that time of the year because they know it will sell more and it will make them more money. Gaga is one of their biggest names, so Q4 is pretty much expected. Elton is definitely going off of speculation when he said early next year, you can tell he didn't know what he was talking about. I trust Mark when he said there goal is to put it out by year-end. After all, he just might be the executive producer of this album, so he surely knows what's going on. I believe Q4 of 2016 was the plan all along. Hopefully the first single will arrive late Q3.

It really isn't tho. It's a myth, there are tons of albums that have failed to sell big around the holidays. And alot of people are also busy around the holidays focusing on real things and issues, not what new album some singer is releasing and trying to capitalize on by doing a holiday release. And the music also takes a backseat around this time because there is so much going on, so many things being released, so many sales, during the holidays a piece of work like an album just becomes that, an album, no one pays attention to what's actually on it or what the artist is doing. It's a mistake to release it at any date beyond November, a December release would be totally foolish as would a January or February release. 

Go see A Star is Born

JEWRJEWR
6 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I don't believe the album is even finished. So any speculation towards its release timing is rooted in just that --- mere speculation. This time around, post-ARTPOP, I firmly believe Gaga will not release it until she's ready. 

I do believe the original intent was to release in Q4 2016, but I believe those plans have gone out the window now, in favor of honoring the creative process (which I applaud). 

Oh wow, this TEA

Fear, she's the mother of violence

CyanLights

I honestly think the original plan was to release after the Grammys, oscars and super bowl performance but her plans obviously changed since she apparently scrapped the lead according to RedOne 

Arizona Sky
3 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

It really isn't tho. It's a myth, there are tons of albums that have failed to sell big around the holidays. And alot of people are also busy around the holidays focusing on real things and issues, not what new album some singer is releasing and trying to capitalize on by doing a holiday release.

Then why is it that the consistent trend is Q4 albums sell the most? This is the case every single year, its no coincidence. Albums always sell more, especially on the week of Black Friday and Christmas because thats when they go on sale.

Whispering
5 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

It really isn't tho. It's a myth, there are tons of albums that have failed to sell big around the holidays. And alot of people are also busy around the holidays focusing on real things and issues, not what new album some singer is releasing and trying to capitalize on by doing a holiday release. And the music also takes a backseat around this time because there is so much going on, so many things being released, so many sales, during the holidays a piece of work like an album just becomes that, an album, no one pays attention to what's actually on it or what the artist is doing. It's a mistake to release it at any date beyond November, a December release would be totally foolish as would a January or February release. 

Wrong. The majority of album sales come during the holiday season. There is a lot going on, which includes people shopping for gifts, and CDs are the perfect gift. Plus, all those millions upon millions of people are in stores or on Amazon and are much more likely to pick up some music for themselves. Why do you think record labels hold their big names for Q4? 

Archived