Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

TIME magazine comes for Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj

yASSsss

Featured Posts

49 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That is not only wrong, that also hurts my feelings tbh. You know that's not true, you just know it. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you kept those off-topic, flamebait remarks where they belong: in your head, unspoken.

lmao

sorry I hope the image in my head isn't that wrong and you're not actually upset

I've no doubt you love Gagaloo tho :unicorn:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
2 minutes ago, JDi said:

but my point is, why try to find faults in Gaga's when she's obviously the most devoted and genuine of the bunch?

To make a point :emma: What the hell are you talking about. I didn't try to find faults in Gaga's history as a statement in itself, I used that to remind everyone that it's simply impossible for a celebrity even as devoted as Gaga to have a perfect record. We should be thankful with all the support they do show instead of accusing them for not doing enough (imo).

3 minutes ago, JDi said:

it's not the same thing if you know people expect you to comment on the situation as well and perhaps say something more than "sending prayers". if you care about human rights you must show you think ahead. not just say this is bad and that totally sucks in some magazine interview just in time for your new release.

Well, ok that's your pov and I never attacked it. I just presented my pov: I think people expect too much of celebrities. Why demand them to do something you can do as well?

You act like I'm taking issue with your pov, but it's the other way around. So I feel like this conversation is going nowhere :chica: I simply don't see it that way and I've explained why.

5 minutes ago, JDi said:

I understand your point but you act like an attorney and no one is suing these two. it simply doesn't look good and you get the point of the article. stop pretending it's that stupid. it might be unnecessary but it's true.

Also explained that. This is Time Magazine. An established publication that I expect to be of a certain quality. For that particular magazine, I do find this article reprehensible. So much to focus on, yet Nicki and Taylor not tweeting is a stain on their career? Really? That's some pop fan forum **** that I don't want journalists seriously discussing.

7 minutes ago, JDi said:

not sending money to relatives a la Swift.

Well, you can judge celebs' contributions the way you like but I think it's pretty ugly to say that financial support is not admirable, or at least not as admirable as making a public speech. She didn't just donate money to relatives of certain issues, also to organizations who can be a positive force in the long run, why wouldn't that be helpful and important?

Don't answer that anyway. I feel like I was dragged into this conversation by you simply misreading, and tbh, I just think our pov's are too strongly defined to be able to meet halfway about this.

Harry
20 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Well I've been thinking it since I joined this site in December last year but this is the first time I've said anything. I feel like I'm only connecting the dots now, because I generally assume the best in people and never jump to conclusions.

@Didymus actually said that Gaga's tweet was cold. I mean really??? Lady Gaga is cold-hearted now? Really???

Talk about dragging our community's (LGBT) biggest ally. Gaga has been nothing but a furious supporter of LGBT rights in the military, in marriage and in all spheres of life. Since day one.

She even sacrificed her popularity to stand up together with us when she released Born This Way.

Also, @JDi and @T E A also have expressed similar viewpoints to mine so I know I'm not the only one.

That has nothing to do with what I said. Are you trying to convince me to gang up on him with you as well? A couple of people agreeing with you is far from "everyone" thinking it. This is not only off topic and irrelevant but borderline bullying..

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

That has nothing to do with what I said. Are you trying to convince me to gang up on him with you as well? A couple of people agreeing with you is far from "everyone" thinking it. This is not only off topic and irrelevant but borderline bullying..

Really? Because it feels like you and @Didymus are bullying me.

3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

idk anymore

it's like... I'm talking about being humane and aware and you're talking about correctness and obligations.

you decide whose point is more on topic and which kind of action more valuable and helpful.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Really? Because it feels like you and @Didymus are bullying me.

I asked you to stop, and I'll ask you again until you do. I've done nothing wrong to you here. Take it up with me in a PM or with the mods in a Support section but you're blatantly going against the rules over and over again and derailing this entire thread.

Lord Temptation
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don't put words in my mouth. All I did was agree with another person (@JDi). Why am I being vilified?

Didymus
Just now, JDi said:

it's like... I'm talking about being humane and aware and you're talking about correctness and obligations.

Can't you be humane and aware in private though? I just take issue with this demand that celebs take their humanity out into the public to show they're good people. No one else seems to be obliged to do that, so why they?

I just don't think it's important. I repeat: we should be thankful when celebs use their platforms to do some good instead of complaining they're not doing enough. If you feel like there's more to be done, then carry your own cross :shrug: Just the way I see things.

Has nothing to do with correctness and obligations, it's about being humane enough to focus on what's being done instead of actively looking for people not doing enough. We can always find those people, and if we're honest, we'd probably have to acknowledge that we can do a lot more as well.

Chromatislaps
16 hours ago, neptugne said:

Yas! And Rihanna is not mentioned as usual as she just makes #1 singles and never talks about anything ever 

she talks about weed, pvssy patting and how deeply touched she is by the lyrics of her songs

giphy.gif

Spoiler

:derpga: j/k

Harry
6 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Don't put words in my mouth. All I did was agree with another person (@JDi). Why am I being vilified?

I'm not... The direct quote is: "It's what everyone is thinking though." I'm just telling you that isn't true.

21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Can't you be humane and aware in private though? I just take issue with this demand that celebs take their humanity out into the public to show they're good people. No one else seems to be obliged to do that, so why they?

I just don't think it's important. I repeat: we should be thankful when celebs use their platforms to do some good instead of complaining they're not doing enough. If you feel like there's more to be done, then carry your own cross :shrug: Just the way I see things.

Has nothing to do with correctness and obligations, it's about being humane enough to focus on what's being done instead of actively looking for people not doing enough. We can always find those people, and if we're honest, we'd probably have to acknowledge that we can do a lot more as well.

but what if they did both. like with Kesha? Gaga didn't "silently" donate money to Kesha but she did help her more than money did and supported her morally and raised more awareness about the case than even Kesha bothered to. so is this not necessary? yes, but why not do as much as you can when you're in a position to?

and again, this is the biggest American terror crime since 9/11 and apart from being vocal there's not much you can do at this point and America's sweetheart and highest paid celebrity of the past year can't even donate money? (you know we'd know by now)

like I said, I agree that it's not necessary to look for what's not being done but to not get the point of the article is plain hypocrisy.

this discussion is hopeless tho. it's obviously very important to you to not judge these rich and widely admired people for not doing the most of their capacity.

Kayla
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

@Didymus hates Gaga. Pure and simple. I've seen it time and time again. He never says anything nice about her without also insulting her. 

Actually look into this please. I've gone through his posts to prove people wrong on this before and I'll do it again. He's said a lot of good things about Gaga and this post you're referring to in this thread was an example of saying "Look, even Gaga, who has a good track record for supporting people in these issues, can't speak out every time there's an opportunity - give these people a break and stop expecting so much from them."

If you guys think it's actually a diss on Gaga, you're interpreting it incorrectly. And if you still peg Didy as a Gaga hater after he clarified himself what he meant and after I've pointed out he's been under "investigation" of being a hater and passed without need for flamebait warnings, then clearly you just want to ignore the facts and evidence and assume Didy hates Gaga just because he doesn't talk about Gaga the way you think he should.

I recently banned someone who kept talking about how they were "done" with Gaga, and I regularly shut people down who try to get up on here and insult Gaga's hard work. If Didy really was this Gaga insulting monster you made him out to be you can bet my ass would be giving him warning points left and right, but after looking into the issue it was determined he's actually MORE positive about Gaga than a lot of other members here, it's just that his positivity also comes in a critical nature. 

Lord Temptation
Just now, Harry said:

I'm not... The direct quote is: "It's what everyone is thinking though." I'm just telling you that isn't true.

Many people may suspect something but never say it for fear of ridicule.

Perhaps I should've said "others are thinking what I'm thinking" instead of "everyone is thinking what I'm thinking", but that's just semantics.

You understood perfectly what I meant. 

Kayla
57 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

@Didymus actually said that Gaga's tweet was cold. I mean really??? Lady Gaga is cold-hearted now? Really???

First you say Didymus said Gaga's tweet was "cold." And from that you drew that he thinks Gaga is cold-hearted? You took one little thing he said and spun it into this huge diss on Gaga. 

That's like if I were to say "Gaga's shoes the otherday looked cheap," and you said "So you think Gaga buys all her clothes from Wal-Mart now? Really???"

Thinking a tweet made to support a political candidate in the aftermath of a deadly shooting is "cold" is 1-not that unreasonable, and 2-doesn't mean he thinks Gaga herself is "cold-hearted."

But this is what I've seen from Didymus' biggest critics- he says one little thing and they interpret it to mean he hates Gaga. :smh: 

Harry
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Many people may suspect something but never say it for fear of ridicule.

Perhaps I should've said "others are thinking what I'm thinking" instead of "everyone is thinking what I'm thinking", but that's just semantics.

You understood perfectly what I meant. 

I don't see why people say things like that anyway. Shouldn't you be able to make your own points/criticisms seem credible without roping your friends in to outnumber someone? It seems cruel, actually. Of course some will agree with you, and some will agree with Didy. Kinda goes without saying.

• AyaKara locked this topic
  • AyaKara unlocked this topic

Archived