💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

I think the end is nigh...

heavymetall0v3r

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Reckon everyone should just chill out, tbh. Let her be the woman she wants to be without judgement. Let the music come when it's ready (seriously, it's only been 2 and a half years since AP, stop acting like we've been waiting decades with nothing happening in the meantime). 

Just... chill. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
35 minutes ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

I think that for someone to be like "I don't have plastic surgery, it promotes insecurity" - to turn around with fillers in her lips, undereyes, botox in her forehead, nosejob ,sculpted cheekbones/implants, chin fillers/implants - It's like. Really? Born This Way? It's sad

I haven't read this whole thread yet, and I'm certain many are flaming you for it, but I think you nailed it right on the head here. It's really hard to reconcile the drastic measures Gaga has taken to make her face "glamorous" in such a short amount of time after 'Born This Way.' 

ReidOne

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely support Lady Gaga in her journey of discovering herself as a human being. But part of that journey is coming face to face with the contradictions. It's uncomfortable. It's painful. But, it's real. 

But, it also doesn't invalidate all of the great work she did before. It's simply a part of growing up. Lord knows, I've been there, too. Granted, not on this scale. But I know the struggle. 

Helxig

Ya know, I always thought she would become a Liza Minnelli or Myrtyle Snow or Iris Apfel in her old age, or even a less-entitled-Madonna.

But instead she's looking to become a... Barbara Streisand :green:.

Or if we're lucky, Meryl Streep.

See? I made a Joke.

Even in this time of stress.

tumblr_mngpg8nxPG1qiaxzfo2_250.gif

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ReidOne

If the end really is nigh, the question must be asked...

Is Lady Gaga anything without the Little Monsters? 

Could she sustain a mainstream pop career without the fervent devotion of her original fans? Maybe she could. But she would have to work very, very hard.

Personally, I don't believe she has any intention of turning her back on us. Yes, she has contradicted many of the things that we showed up for and love her for, but none of it makes me love her any less. She doesn't have to worry about a future without me (at this point).

GunninMan

Y'all are just doing the most aren't you? Let her live. Oy vay! It's not your duty to agree with everything she does or says, treat her like a normal person with incredible abilities, because that's what she is. I've never been more proud to be a fan of a woman like her, and I love that I disagree with certain things about her because you should never love every single thing about anyone, like that's kind of psychotic in my opinion. I get it's frustrating that there isn't new music and no news from her about it yet. But y'all act like she's this careless person who put on an act to get famous and then said f**k you I'm out, when I hardly think that's the case. Just let her be. Everyone makes mistakes, and when you're in the spotlight they are amplified. Can you imagine what it must be like for her to see the things her own fans say about her daily? I don't blame her for keeping us in the dark.

iMonster
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

Maybe I was just stupid to ever believe that that cloak was actually a real person in the first place :S

Yes perhaps. . . smh. 

It's not a cloak and she's entirely who SHE wants to be. However other people started to project their own "This is who Gaga, really is". . . When she's always said she's just an Italian girl from New York. Stefani

Gaga (to me) has always been her "Sasha Fierce" but in a more committed/everyday type of persona (not like Beyonce who "brings out Sasha" on stage. (I hope you're following me.) When Stefani is home you really think they're calling her Gaga? Or her fiancé is like "Man I love you Gaga!" - Absolutely not ( I.e Monster opener "Don't call me Gaga").

However that's not saying that Gaga isn't "real", or she's somehow fake now. It's just her artistic expression, the way she wants it to be.

Some of you will probably think I'm reading too much into it but that's what I've always thought of her. The girl behind that piano will and always have been Stefani. And the two are one in the same. 

GreenEyes

I'm not the same person I was even a month ago and you dramatic fans expect her to be the absolute same person from years ago? 

Jesus Christ. 

ReidOne

Let's not forget what Lady Gaga has done for us: 

- She returned dance music to mainstream US radio

- She revolutionized the "ideas" of heterosexual female beauty by wearing drag queen wigs, contouring makeup, distracting oddly shaped dresses and creating looks that unsettled people (while still looking f---able)

- She wrote and released a lead single about LGBTQ rights during the most highly visible time of her career

- She created a world tour with see-through clear catwalks so that we, the fans, could be as close as possible to her

- She validated all of our devotion to her artistry by displaying her talent at the Oscars (Sound of Music) and on an album with Tony Bennett

....seriously, what more do we want from her? Sure, she may have fallen victim to the insecurities of Hollywood with her cheek implants, botox, desperation for acceptance among the acting community, etc... 

...but I can forgive her for the missteps because she has given me SO MUCH. Who am I to judge? 

Quasi
1 hour ago, FallingMeteor said:

She should let this fanbase fall apart. Just to be resurrected and save us, kinda like a mythical youknowwho.:staymad:

........unicorn?

tumblr_mrhv0iXW101soxjo1o1_500.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

Every time she reinforces the idea that Gaga was just a character she played I cry inside.

It just hurts. It makes me so sad. It's like the person I loved was never actually real.

I thought she was being the realest person alive, talking about how she's born this way, and how this is who she really, really is,  only to admit years later that it really wasn't.

Sigh. My heart hurts. My head hurts. I just feel sad  

She has always been an act though. Lady Gaga isn't even her name. She did a whole music video about this... She changed her look to get noticed she became Gaga to spread her art. She truly believes in the born this way album and its movement, but she herself is an act. She has said this so many times... 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
33 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Let's not forget what Lady Gaga has done for us: 

- She returned dance music to mainstream US radio

- She revolutionized the "ideas" of heterosexual female beauty by wearing drag queen wigs, contouring makeup, distracting oddly shaped dresses and creating looks that unsettled people (while still looking f---able)

- She wrote and released a lead single about LGBTQ rights during the most highly visible time of her career

- She created a world tour with see-through clear catwalks so that we, the fans, could be as close as possible to her

- She validated all of our devotion to her artistry by displaying her talent at the Oscars (Sound of Music) and on an album with Tony Bennett

....seriously, what more do we want from her? Sure, she may have fallen victim to the insecurities of Hollywood with her cheek implants, botox, desperation for acceptance among the acting community, etc... 

...but I can forgive her for the missteps because she has given me SO MUCH. Who am I to judge? 

These are hardly missteps, just her not putting up the veil of her being super confident anymore. She has been through alot of **** as a person not as Lady Gaga that she is finally being her and people can't handle it. I personally don't give a **** if she does fillers or anything like that, thats not why I am her fan. I am her fan for her message of acceptance which she spread before BTW album at every Monster Ball and then during the Artrave too. Just because she isn't out there at the front of white house screaming for gay rights doesn't mean she is anti gay now. 

We as a community to look after ourselves and stop looking to celebrities to doing our work for us.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
44 minutes ago, iMonster said:

Yes perhaps. . . smh. 

It's not a cloak and she's entirely who SHE wants to be. However other people started to project their own "This is who Gaga, really is". . . When she's always said she's just an Italian girl from New York. Stefani

Gaga (to me) has always been her "Sasha Fierce" but in a more committed/everyday type of persona (not like Beyonce who "brings out Sasha" on stage. (I hope you're following me.) When Stefani is home you really think they're calling her Gaga? Or her fiancé is like "Man I love you Gaga!" - Absolutely not ( I.e DITD lyric "Don't call me Gaga").

However that's not saying that Gaga isn't "real", or she's somehow fake now. It's just her artistic expression, the way she wants it to be.

Some of you will probably think I'm reading too much into it but that's what I've always thought of her. The girl behind that piano will and always have been Stefani. And the two are one in the same. 

I am with you on everything here except that was Monster not DITD! 

Gaga is an act, but it is real because she created her, as her own defence to be someone strong for herself. It then switched to being strong for us and fighting for us, but now she wants to do the things she wants to do. God forbid she has her own personal issues and life. Alot of "fans" have this issue of ownership of Gaga and tbh you don't own her and she can do what she likes its her life and her career.

Sakrai

Ok I wanna say something.

The problem with pop stars is that they cannot be human. In order for a pop singer to break through the sea of mediocre wannabes they have to become larger than life, larger than human. Extraterrestrial. That is the legacy of David Bowie and it's the footprint that popstars follow today. And Gaga attempted to become the ultimate superstar, and she suceeded. But for her to succeed she couldn't be just human. She fabricated a persona, a brand, an icon that people can understand. Because humans are far too complex, so popstars need to be simple, like y'know 'the rebel' or 'the sexxx goddess' or 'big boobs'. 

Yes, Lady Gaga is a character, and it's a very small part of Stefani as a whole. They are not different people, it's just that Gaga is a tiny portion of the complex human being that is Stefani. The thing is, because Lady Gaga is limited, stefani needs to escape from those limitations that she herself created, but this is something that she needs to do with the GP, not with her fans, because we her fans saw the person behind the character long long ago. 

So stop worrying so much about who Lady Gaga is. We know who she is, but she needs the GP to see that too, and that's why she doing all this. Calm down:madge:

tl;dr: Lady of the dam won't be a slave to the blonde.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Archived