Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Magic Johnson's son, EJ, credits Gaga for inspiration

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne
Just now, neptugne said:

yaassss!!!! give ha that credit!!

Honestly, I think when we look back on this era of popular culture, Lady Gaga's impact on the gay community and her advancement of human rights is going to be seen as one of (if not THE) most significant shifts triggered by a pop star in our culture. There's a reason I stan so hard for Gaga and especially for "Born This Way"... I truly believe she has left a lasting impact on our society at large. She's not only an inspiration, but she's also been successful at enacting change. 

En_Sabah_Nur

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!  She is my ULTIMATE inspiration as well.  Even tho I was dressing unique + out there way before her tho...   :poot::poot:

Egypt. W

ReidOne

Realizing that many of you here at GGD are younger, you likely do not realize the significance that Magic Johnson holds to older members like me.... 

You all know Stephen Curry. Kobe Bryant. Michael Jordan... but before them all was Magic Johnson. 

Not only was Magic a mega-star in the NBA, he was part of the "Showtime Lakers" the LA basketball team who revolutionized modern sports as an entertainment spectacle. Their business team orchestrated their games to be "live performance" events... they even choreographed their basketball positions to resemble dance performance art. They attracted fans in the stands and on TV screens like never before. They revolutionized the entertainment factor of basketball games.

Not only that, but during that era at The Forum in Inglewood, one of the head cheerleaders of the Lakers was none other than Paula Abdul. Being a Lakers Girl was how Paula first found fame. She went on to choreograph music videos for The Jacksons and Janet Jackson, and eventually released her own pop solo albums, setting a record as the first female artist to score 4 number one hit singles off her debut album.

So yes... Magic Johnson is not just a legend in basketball, but he's a legend in American popular culture. 

Paula-Abdul-Lakers-Victory-616x250.jpg

Shipper

Representation and even just a figure showing support is always important no matter what the cause because it makes a difference in people's lives. Stories like this makes me smile knowing that I'm stanning for someone who has a good cause and a big heart. Her talent and music comes second in stories where she inspires and changes people's lives. :hug::applause:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Warholiness

Yes! It's annoying that sjws and bitter old gays refuse to acknowledge her impact on the LGBTQ community. They also ignore how she's been the victim of extremely transphobic attacks since the beginning of her career. Born This Way shifted the culture in an amazing way and I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it. 

Mikey Monster
1 hour ago, ReidOne said:

Realizing that many of you here at GGD are younger, you likely do not realize the significance that Magic Johnson holds to older members like me.... 

You all know Stephen Curry. Kobe Bryant. Michael Jordan... but before them all was Magic Johnson. 

Not only was Magic a mega-star in the NBA, he was part of the "Showtime Lakers" the LA basketball team who revolutionized modern sports as an entertainment spectacle. Their business team orchestrated their games to be "live performance" events... they even choreographed their basketball positions to resemble dance performance art. They attracted fans in the stands and on TV screens like never before. They revolutionized the entertainment factor of basketball games.

Not only that, but during that era at The Forum in Inglewood, one of the head cheerleaders of the Lakers was none other than Paula Abdul. Being a Lakers Girl was how Paula first found fame. She went on to choreograph music videos for The Jacksons and Janet Jackson, and eventually released her own pop solo albums, setting a record as the first female artist to score 4 number one hit singles off her debut album.

So yes... Magic Johnson is not just a legend in basketball, but he's a legend in American popular culture. 

Paula-Abdul-Lakers-Victory-616x250.jpg

That is so amazing ALSO he was one of the first major sports players to come out as HIV Positive back in the early 90s if I'm not mistaken, he came out about his diagnosis the same day Freddie Mercury died from AIDS (who went public about it the day he died RIP ❤️) but so amazing because he changed slot of people's perception on the AIDS crisis ❤️❤️❤️

Mikey McCampbell

Archived