💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon OUT NOW [Official GGD Pokemon Thread]

Lagg

Featured Posts

Haroon
On 30/04/2017 at 9:04 AM, Helios said:

@Haroon  Have you wonder-traded my pokemon yet ?  

LOL omg no :sharon: let me know when you're online to take them back :laughga: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

Does anyone still play Pokémon Go?

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
14 minutes ago, calmar said:

Does anyone still play Pokémon Go?

So strange you mention it, I literally had a dream last night where I was playing it :toofunny: Lowkey, 2nd Gen is my favorite, I may get it again just for that. This tweet also sparked my interest:

18443714_1925204121057309_34093947323364

:giveup: Chikorita my smol child

❤ x ❤

calmar
1 hour ago, juju said:

So strange you mention it, I literally had a dream last night where I was playing it :toofunny: Lowkey, 2nd Gen is my favorite, I may get it again just for that. This tweet also sparked my interest:

18443714_1925204121057309_34093947323364

:giveup: Chikorita my smol child

I do a quick run around a nearby area every day just so I can get outside (otherwise my mental illness would likely keep me in my room all day.) Today I got my first Mareep from an egg, and it appears to have very good IVs, so that's good. I also got 3 medals yesterday (Rock, Fire, and Electric gold medals) and a shiny Magikarp. :D 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
Just now, calmar said:

I do a quick run around a nearby area every day just so I can get outside (otherwise my mental illness would likely keep me in my room all day.) Today I got my first Mareep from an egg, and it appears to have very good IVs, so that's good. I also got 3 medals yesterday (Rock, Fire, and Electric gold medals) and a shiny Magikarp. :D 

They have medals now?? An IV system?? Shinies?? :excited2: 

Man I'm so far behind, my trainer is probably still level 23 with weak Pokemon... I walk to work every day so that alone would be an opportunity to play :giveup: 

❤ x ❤

calmar
5 minutes ago, juju said:

They have medals now?? An IV system?? Shinies?? :excited2: 

Man I'm so far behind, my trainer is probably still level 23 with weak Pokemon... I walk to work every day so that alone would be an opportunity to play :giveup: 

My sweet summer child :diane: I dunno when you stopped playing so I can't make comparisons between how you remember the game and where it is atm, but there are berries, Johto pokémon, type completion medals, an IV system and an 'appraisal' feature to be able to guess what the IVs are, etc.

The only shiny so far is Magikarp/Gyarados (based on the freebie shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage in GSCHGSS), and there was an event earlier this year where you were guaranteed to find one. I missed that event but found a shiny Magikarp randomly instead which is even cooler. 

I have to go calculate the IVs of the pokémon I caught today. The IV system is different than in-game; IVs range between 0 and 15, with an IV total of 45 possible (between HP, ATK and DEF.) I only keep pokémon with an IV total of 30 or more, which is good because there's more pokémon to collect these days since Johto rolled out.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
4 minutes ago, calmar said:

My sweet summer child :diane: I dunno when you stopped playing so I can't make comparisons between how you remember the game and where it is atm, but there are berries, Johto pokémon, type completion medals, an IV system and an 'appraisal' feature to be able to guess what the IVs are, etc.

The only shiny so far is Magikarp/Gyarados (based on the freebie shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage in GSCHGSS), and there was an event earlier this year where you were guaranteed to find one. I missed that event but found a shiny Magikarp randomly instead which is even cooler. 

I have to go calculate the IVs of the pokémon I caught today. The IV system is different than in-game; IVs range between 0 and 15, with an IV total of 45 possible (between HP, ATK and DEF.) I only keep pokémon with an IV total of 30 or more, which is good because there's more pokémon to collect these days since Johto rolled out.

I played until about 2 months after it was first released and the hype died down :diane: 

But this is enough to convince me to re-download it. The problem was, when I tried to play it last, it prompted me to update it otherwise I couldn't play, but there wasn't enough room on my phone :giveup: Going to have to clear out a shit ton of selfies and songs before I have the space, but this may be worth it!

❤ x ❤

calmar
1 minute ago, juju said:

I played until about 2 months after it was first released and the hype died down :diane: 

But this is enough to convince me to re-download it. The problem was, when I tried to play it last, it prompted me to update it otherwise I couldn't play, but there wasn't enough room on my phone :giveup: Going to have to clear out a **** ton of selfies and songs before I have the space, but this may be worth it!

As a True Fan™, I've never stopped playing. But also I don't have any songs or selfies on my phone, so that helps. 

They've also changed how rare or common some pokémon are (Eevee are no longer in 10km eggs, Dratini no longer spawn as frequently in the wild, etc.), and eggs with different walking lengths are now different colors so you can visually identify things. There is also a buddy system, where a designated buddy pokémon gets 1 candy for every kilometers walked, depending on the family. There is an event going on until evening on Thursday UTC which quadruples the rate of getting buddy candy and has also increased the spawning rates of Rock-type pokémon, including otherwise rare pokémon like Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Sudowoodo and Shuckle. (And Slugma, apparently, since it evolves into a Rock-type.) 

You can no longer hatch region-locked pokémon from eggs if you are not in the correct region (Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Tauros, Farfetch'd; I think Corsola and Heracross are also now latitudinally bound region-locked pokémon.) Ditto has been added to the game, and will look in the wild like any pokémon capable of hatching from a 2km egg or pokémon which once could hatch from a 2km egg (so basic bug/normal/flying pokémon.) 

Right now, Niantic is trying very hard to combat cheating by players, since imo the vast majority of gyms are maxxed out with fake accounts with absurdly powerful pokémon, making taking down gyms kind of silly if you're not cheating yourself. Hopefully that'll change. There are also rumors that they're trying to add trading and PvP but who knows if/when that'll roll out.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
18 minutes ago, calmar said:

As a True Fan™, I've never stopped playing. But also I don't have any songs or selfies on my phone, so that helps. 

They've also changed how rare or common some pokémon are (Eevee are no longer in 10km eggs, Dratini no longer spawn as frequently in the wild, etc.), and eggs with different walking lengths are now different colors so you can visually identify things. There is also a buddy system, where a designated buddy pokémon gets 1 candy for every kilometers walked, depending on the family. There is an event going on until evening on Thursday UTC which quadruples the rate of getting buddy candy and has also increased the spawning rates of Rock-type pokémon, including otherwise rare pokémon like Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Sudowoodo and Shuckle. (And Slugma, apparently, since it evolves into a Rock-type.) 

You can no longer hatch region-locked pokémon from eggs if you are not in the correct region (Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Tauros, Farfetch'd; I think Corsola and Heracross are also now latitudinally bound region-locked pokémon.) Ditto has been added to the game, and will look in the wild like any pokémon capable of hatching from a 2km egg or pokémon which once could hatch from a 2km egg (so basic bug/normal/flying pokémon.) 

Right now, Niantic is trying very hard to combat cheating by players, since imo the vast majority of gyms are maxxed out with fake accounts with absurdly powerful pokémon, making taking down gyms kind of silly if you're not cheating yourself. Hopefully that'll change. There are also rumors that they're trying to add trading and PvP but who knows if/when that'll roll out.

So much :diane: 

But I suppose that's what makes it so much fun. I've fallen off SuMo, which I plan to get back into in the next few days during my downtime (really trying to focus on completing my Pokedex for that, but needing some Sun exclusives to accomplish this feat), but downloading Go is back on my to-do. I need something to prompt me to exercise/get out more - which, even as a huge Pokefan myself, was the original reason I downloaded the game in the first place.

❤ x ❤

calmar
Just now, juju said:

So much :diane: 

But I suppose that's what makes it so much fun. I've fallen off SuMo, which I plan to get back into in the next few days during my downtime (really trying to focus on completing my Pokedex for that, but needing some Sun exclusives to accomplish this feat), but downloading Go is back on my to-do. I need something to prompt me to exercise/get out more - which, even as a huge Pokefan myself, was the original reason I downloaded the game in the first place.

Like I said earlier, it helps me get exercise as well as leave the house to combat my mental illness. :) And I have Sun - haven't played it in a while, since I beat the game rather quickly after it came out, but I think I have a good number of Pokémon, considering I've not transferred anything from previous generations.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
1 minute ago, calmar said:

Like I said earlier, it helps me get exercise as well as leave the house to combat my mental illness. :) And I have Sun - haven't played it in a while, since I beat the game rather quickly after it came out, but I think I have a good number of Pokémon, considering I've not transferred anything from previous generations.

I'll have to hit you up then, because going this long without completing a Pokedex is making me break out. :madge: I'll be hopping on it later today if you're available? If not, then another time, whichever works :) Mostly just looking for their Dex entries so tradebacks are always cool, and if there's anything you need in particular, feel free to ask. I have a shit ton of shinies on previous games that need to be transferred to Moon.

❤ x ❤

calmar
Just now, juju said:

I'll have to hit you up then, because going this long without completing a Pokedex is making me break out. :madge: I'll be hopping on it later today if you're available? If not, then another time, whichever works :) Mostly just looking for their Dex entries so tradebacks are always cool, and if there's anything you need in particular, feel free to ask. I have a **** ton of shinies on previous games that need to be transferred to Moon.

Yeah, I'll be around (hopefully I won't take a nap or something.) I'll check to see if I'm lacking anything that's actually findable in S/M. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

juju
2 minutes ago, calmar said:

Yeah, I'll be around (hopefully I won't take a nap or something.) I'll check to see if I'm lacking anything that's actually findable in S/M. 

I'll comment either here and tag you or shoot a PM :) First, I have to see what it is I'm missing / if any need to be traded to evolve / etc.

❤ x ❤

calmar
Just now, juju said:

I'll comment either here and tag you or shoot a PM :) First, I have to see what it is I'm missing / if any need to be traded to evolve / etc.

Alright. I just checked what I still need in the Alola Dex and it's mostly stuff I was too lazy to evolve myself :smh:

Whimsicott, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Sylveon, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Clefairy, Clefable, Porygon-Z, Weavile, Relicanth.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived