Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Katy Perry to receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award at the VMAs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Brooke Candy
3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Katy definitely marked her place in the industry, like it or not. I think she's been working her ass off all throughout the years. Meanwhile, other pop stars take their breaks, some are really LoooooooooooooooooonG5. Not that it's not normal to take a break, but yeah. She, among one of the many stars, deserves it.

Gaga is not just taking a break.... She's actually working on her album

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark

Honestly though, yall keep on saying Gaga's videos are better, which it is... but let's be honest. These award shows put a spotlight on people who are in the loop. Where is Gaga? When was her last video/single? Til it happens to you? LOL.

00026 † 10000

I hope this is not true, and not because I hate Katy or her stuff, but I don't think she's in that point of her carreer where she should be rewarded with a "lifetime achievement award". She's been around for only 8 years or something like that. Maybe Taylor or Rihanna would be a better candidate, but hey... :shrug:

Mark
1 minute ago, Brooke Candy said:

Gaga is not just taking a break.... She's actually working on her album

Yeah, better be ready for that jazz album hun.

00026 † 10000

PartySick

Umm...

The Video Vanguard Award, also known as the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given to musicians who have made a profound effect on the MTV culture, honoring an artist's body of work. The award was renamed in 1991 as the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. 

I'm no Katy hater but that is not meant for her :smh: at least not yet :smh: 

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

TheJackMonster

How much has she actually contributed to any of her music videos I wonder

Didymus
1 minute ago, Tozis said:

I hope this is not true, and not because I hate Katy or her stuff, but I don't think she's in that point of her carreer where she should be rewarded with a "lifetime achievement award". She's been around for only 8 years or something like that. Maybe Rihanna would be a better candidate, but hey... :shrug:

They're clearly running out of legendary artists lol

Even if Gaga would get this, I'd raise an eyebrow. Too soon. Just don't give the award at all if you can't give it someone who deserves it.

crisTEAne

isn't this award for (pop) cultural impact and acclaimed music videos? :usrs:

MTV, wtf are you doing? lmao.

fTMc87z.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Caesium

If this is true

aawctin0.gif

She has no outstanding videos. A couple of cute ones (Hot N Cold, WUIV, California Gurls, ET) but none that deserve this recognition

A mess. A ki. A cackle.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Just now, Didymus said:

They're clearly running out of legendary artists lol

Even if Gaga would get this, I'd raise an eyebrow. Too soon. Just don't give the award at all if you can't give it someone who deserves it.

Exactly. Honestly, right now almost no one deserves this kind of award, and maybe the reason is because not every year there's an artist to reward with it (in fact, if I'm not wrong, in some editions of the VMAs no one has received it). It's just that simple, imo 

SychosSoChic

The award is for cultural impact and the most acclaimed music videos.

Rihanna?

Gaga?

Hell, PSY is higher up on the list of cultural impact than Katy, and that's not even shade :deadbanana:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

PartySick
Just now, SychosSoChic said:

The award is for cultural impact and the most acclaimed music videos.

Beyonce?

Madonna?

Rihanna?

Gaga?

Hell, PSY is higher up on the list of cultural impact than Katy, and that's not even shade :deadbanana:

Beyonce and Madonna both already have one. Rihanna would be a great choice and Gaga definitely will deserve one sometime in the future :happy:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Brooke Candy
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Yeah, better be ready for that jazz album hun.

Gurl whatever. You know damn well what i'm talking about. 

You can praise Katy's hard work, that's fine. But that Gaga shade was unnecessary.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Archived