💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it time for male celebrities to start wearing dresses to events?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

Carmex

No. Suits are classic and timeless. Obviously men can stop outside of the box and could start wearing more high fashion pieces. I mean, Troye Sivan's outfit for the BBMAs was very unique and it worked for him. More men just need to start embracing fashion.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

Well fashion IS performance art to many.

Fashion can be and often is a part of performance and there's a word for that: Costume. Costumes are seperate from real fashion that everyday people wear.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

Fashion can be and often is a part of performance and there's a word for that: Costume. Costumes are seperate from real fashion that everyday people wear.

Of course. I'm talking about events here. Award shows, performances etc. Not something every day people do.

Dresses have been very popular among men the past year or so

1zh2no7.png

you see Justin wearing dresses all the time :shrug: idgi

Bradley

No. Men are supposed to look masculine :saladga: I don't care if they look boring, at least they look good in suits. Men in dresses are weird.

I find Jared more diverse in terms of his outfits, they're mostly suits but there are minor variations that make him look interesting.

Jared-Leto.jpg

rs_634x1024-160502184122-634-jared-leto-

580237.jpg

Not a red carpet outfit but I like the combination.

Of course. I'm talking about events here. Award shows, performances etc. Not something every day people do.

Red carpet attire has a bigger effect on what we all wear then I think you realize. It's just absurdly expensive formal wear from the same artists who create our rtw fashion.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy said:

No. Men are supposed to look masculine :saladga: I don't care if they look boring, at least they look good in suits. Men in dresses are weird.

I find Jared more diverse in terms of his outfits, they're mostly suits but there are minor variations that make him look interesting.

Jared-Leto.jpg

rs_634x1024-160502184122-634-jared-leto-

580237.jpg

Not a red carpet outfit but I like the combination.

So why can women look feminine AND masculine, while men can only look masculine? What double standards...

Is femininity supposed to be inferior? That's really backwards thinking...

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, Nino said:

Red carpet attire has a bigger effect on what we all wear then I think you realize. It's just absurdly expensive formal wear from the same artists who create our rtw fashion.

So you have a problem with any men casually wearing dresses?

1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

So why can women look feminine AND masculine, while men can only look masculine? What double standards...

Women can't look masculine. When a woman wears a suit it's been cut to accentuate her feminine features. Plus most women pair their suits with other hyper feminized fashion pieces like heels, handbags, bold makeup, etc

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

When a woman wears a suit it's been cut to accentuate her feminine features. 

So why not the opposite? :wtf:

1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

So why not the opposite? :wtf:

Men have been wearing masculine skirts for a while now and I can't tell if Luc was joking or not but those tops in his post earlier are actually similar in concept to dresses.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Nino said:

Men have been wearing masculine skirts for a while now and I can't tell if Luc was joking or not but those tops in his post earlier are actually similar in concept to dresses.

So just make it look like a shirt and add in pants underneath and it's masculine. Ok... :green:

So just make it look like a shirt and add in pants underneath and it's masculine. Ok... 

Well I mean women have short girly dresses that they (used to) pair with leggings. Same thing really

blackpink
1 hour ago, jasperhallo said:

Looks ridiculous imo

If gags wore those outfits it would be YASSSSSS WERK HUNTY WERK WERK WERK 

Bradley
17 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

No it's not double standards. It's just how beauty works. You speak as if there's some sexism in it. Sometimes things just work that way. We are socially constructed to judge beauty that way.

What you support is the idea of gender equality. But from the perspective of beauty, do you seriously think men look attractive in dresses and odd outfits,? If yes, then good for you but the majority of people is not used to that kind of fashion.

Archived