Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is everyone flopping?

SirLudicopro

Featured Posts

Klou
5 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Can you stop being a hater and at least wait until the MV is released oh god :awkney:

Umm I'm not hating. I've been doing this for years and am just stating what I see. I'm a Ellie stan, so why would I be hating on my own fave anyway? lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eifulien

Well, I think this whole decade of the 10s would be looked back as a transitional period for the music industry. We can't see the impact in the short term right now but our consumption habits are rapidly changing and it takes time for everyone - the artists, the audience, the labels, the charts to adapt to the new ways. 

Tbh, some of the well established artists are just so done with the charts that they refuse to comply. Beyoncé is a good example - she is like - well my album is ready, there you go. Be it with a MV for each song or a whole movie - she releases it all at once. No singles, no excessive promo and all. The big names can afford that and I bet they're tired of the standard campaigns they used to do. Adele did something closer to Beyoncé than a standard release - signle and a month later the whole thing. And both of them are done with promo after their albums were out. The rest is touring, then silence, get back to work, and release when it's ready. 

The usual strategy fails nowadays. Look at Meghan, Ariana, Zayn, Iggy. It's a hit or miss, and by the time the album is out everyone's pretty bored by them. Promo singles, leaks, announcements, that don't materialise because of last minute changes. Digital Distortion was interesting when? In January, probably. Then in March the lead single was a non-event, and I think the album will be dead on arrival. The others from this group - well they are still early in their careers so they are pushed by management and labels to appeal to the chart audience.

Surely, Rihanna has Work, which is the most commercial song from ANTI, but it was not a safe one (I know it's a dumb song). And it's far from the straightforward songs like We Found Love, Diamonds, Only Girl, This is What you came for. I mean even she seems tired of the money making machine and she did what she truly wanted, which resulted in an amazing album, but yes it's devoid of your average RiRi bops everyone wanted. 

I guess a lot of stuff are going on, a generation is getting old, the current one is not good enough only trying to copy the older one, and the industry is waiting for new and fresh innovative artists. At the same time traditional sales are crumbling, everyone is streaming and not buying; the new formulas for the charts are a mess. And this leaves the top 10/20/40 pretty much open for cheap wanna-bes and one-hit-wonders willing to give it all and follow the formula just to get that hit, but the audience is unapologetic and quickly forgets about them once the hit gets stale and these people are unable to bring something new. 

joemayzzin
2 hours ago, Boyboi12 said:

That's exactly what most people are doing! It's ****ing sad and really takes away from artist of today.

I know I do feel guilty sometimes that I do this but I generally will buy a song to support the artist but I know I'm not the only one who does this so I know its wrong but if its for artists that I love like Gaga or Ariana and my huge variety of DJ's in the EDM circuit I WILL BUY THE SONG. For artists I don't follow and just "like" the song I'm going the YouTube route! most of the time when the whole album comes out I buy it anyway but for singles ehhh

1 hour ago, johnpe said:

reported to fbi

oops :stalkga: 

Ciccone Madonna

Till the flop happens to you,

you wont know how it feels:madge:

Economy
2 hours ago, joemayzin said:

i'm not going to lie but sometimes if i find a song i like, ill see if its on youtube and just rip the audio so its for free but idk if everyone else is doing this but i feel if people are thinking like me and not buying the songs or streaming it just by listening to the "free" song on their phones or iTunes then its really hurting the artist/charts!

now i don't do it for every song haha if i really LOVE a song i will purchase it cause i have no problem doing so but if its an okay song, but i like it ill take the route i just stated above! 

It doesnt matter if the total sales drops...

A #1 slot must still exist even if its with lower sales

the rankings slots available dont change whether music is doing well abd competitive or not

I notice last couple years theres lots of little sings making 1 or 2 hits and they disapear. 

No one is dominating the way Gaga did and Katy Perry afterwards

IamChromatica

I pray that Gaga will find a new and innovative strategy to release LG5 ..... or else. 

Lion Heart

NO peaked at #3 

OMG THE FLOPAGE. HOW WILL SHE RECOVER??? To be fair many artists will do anything to earn a Top 5 hit so I wouldn't call this song a flop. Let's wait how her Album and her 2nd single do. :) 

Dangerous Woman (sadly) peaked at #10 and has been out of the top 10 ever since (Judas teas). Again, her previous lead single, Problem was a smash.

Yea I agree that Ariana is flopping lately. Let's not forget that her lead single "Focus" was canceled after a lackluster performance. We'll see how single #3 does..

New Romantics (sadly) peaked at #46 and is not even in the top 100 today (a shame, I really like that song).

Well considering millions of people have the album already, of course the last singles will not sell well. The only exception (an extreme one at that) is Adele.

Company peaked at #53 and is not in the top 100 today either (I don't really like Biebz but I like this song).

I always thought this was a weak song to release. "Children" or "The Feeling" would have done much better. 

I guess we could say Drake and Rihanna are successful right now (even though Kiss It Better is at #76 ).

KIB underperformance is negated by the fact that Rihanna has another Top 10 entry with Calvin Harris and the fact that "Needed Me" is #13.

So so far.. I will say only Ariana Grande is truly "flopping" but we'll see how Megan does with her next single.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

LizaMontero
On 5/11/2016 at 1:25 PM, F AM E said:

Cause they're all saving their coins for LG5

I was also thinking the same :laughga:

TimisaMonster

Album sales have been weak and radio SUUUUCKS!!! 

Again...we've seen artists still able to sell millions and with the QUALITY of music we keep getting thrown our way hoping we'll buy it...no. I wouldn't waste my money either!

Plus, Gaga needs to be on the scene again! All these no name one hit wonders can go somewhere with their weird wannabe mainstream music....it's tired and you overplaying the song to death won't make me like it :neyde:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived