Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga had bigger peak than Britney and Beyonce

Quark

Featured Posts

BlahForever1
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy said:

No, you said 'a nosedive in success', so Cheek to Cheek is relevant to your statement.

Just because I only brought up the Golden Globe does not mean these don't exist:

lady-gaga-super-bowl-50-620x413.jpg

37ef710c0d780aaeac59dea807aeefa62e02864c

+ nomination and we know how the public reacted to Sam's win

Lady-Gaga-wins-at-2015-Grammy-Awards-7.j

lady-gaga.jpg

lady-gaga-women-in-music-woman-of-the-ye

So these constitute 'a nosedive in success'?

:applause::applause: Someone gets it

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

I think Britney's peak was bigger than Gaga's, just my opinion tho, Gaga's peak was The Fame Monster while Britney's peak was 4 eras (drag me if you disagree I don't care) and even after her 4 first eras & her peak all eyes were still on her untill 2008

Quark
43 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Who cares honestly. Every one should know what I meant with that statement. Her album sales sank like a brick and her tour couldn't even compete with Katy Perry. Sorry, but that's enough for me to qualify it as a nosedive and that's just final for me. She has done nothing in her C2C era to remedy that fall from global icon grace (nor did I EXPECT her to!!!!) indefinitely, which is why I don't find it relevant to mention. Everyone knows she has to prove herself again with LG5, which is why I won't call her a huge competitive force until we've seen her back in action in the field.

But.. :rip: Again, that's not what this thread is about. This isn't about subjective success, it's about quantifiable one. Which I don't even think is important, which you should know, so I don't get why you're pretending that I care about who has the most awards. You can conjure up a list of every one of Gaga's competitors like that, like how Rihanna broke a Michael Jackson's record with Work and the three Grammy's Beyoncé won in 2014 or how she won the Video Vanguard award for the album. It's true that Gaga didn't win an award with a pop release, but then again, she didn't get any pop-related awards either :flop: So what point does that prove exactly?

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

You think Teenage Dream deserved a nomination as ALBUM OF THE YEAR? Read carefully: not even pop vocal album, but ALBUM of the year? :air: It was the worst reviewed mainstream pop album in like three years :air: I'm sorry but if you're gonna demand me to take that nomination seriously then I am officially not gonna care about any of your opinions from this point onwards. You just wanna give her that nomination because it was so successful? :rip: Ridiculous.

And actually I didn't. I implied it was disrespectful to mention her performance at the Oscars as if it meant little more than her having important screen time on tv. That single on this forum has been far too wedded to its commercial/awards performance and I'm sick of it. The cause was more important than the ****ing Oscar win.

Who cares, that's not the type of success we're talking about here. This isn't even about now, this is about Gaga's peak from 2008-2011 :rip: Compared to her level of success then, yeah, I do choose the word nosedive and I'm not gonna change my mind :emma: Sorry if that seems stubborn to you, but whatever, I don't think that's disrespectful towards Gaga (because indeed, there are more forms of success than commercial ones) so I don't feel the need to apologize for it.

You didn't ask what I meant with the term "success" so you can't start to attack me for it now either. You, again, assumed what I meant and are now calling me egotistic even though you didn't even try to get what I was saying before you went all Ramsay on my ass again.

So can you please end your series of off-topic attacks towards me it's getting really annoying. If next time you see something that's false in one of my posts that's not on-topic to reply to, don't reply to it or just do it somewhere else. Stop this madness.

You can keep ignoring Gaga's peak all you want, but this peak at least shows her potential. And that is that she could dominate the music industry any second.

Quark
2 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

I think Britney's peak was bigger than Gaga's, just my opinion tho, Gaga's peak was The Fame Monster while Britney's peak was 4 eras (drag me if you disagree I don't care) and even after her 4 first eras & her peak all eyes were still on her untill 2008

The Fame produced some of Gaga's biggest hits though. And people were only thanking about Britney because of her breakdown

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You can keep ignoring Gaga's peak all you want, but this peak at least shows her potential. And that is that she could dominate the music industry any second.

Of course :chica: Have you met me? I'm the biggest TF fan on this very forum. I don't worship TFM as much but yeah, until the release of BTW (for me personally) she was the brightest, most original, interesting and captivating pop character in recent memory for me.

Trust me, I'm not dissing her here. I didn't even want to voice my opinion on Gaga's "decline" (the way I perceive it) but I was forced to :unicorn: All I was saying that at this point, in 2016, it's a bit redundant to keep comparing everyone to Gaga's peak because that's quite a long time ago now, which makes it lose its punch as an argument imo since someone like Britney or Beyoncé held on to their commercial success longer than Gaga (of course only speaking about the timeline from 2008-2016 not saying she's over, duh).

Probably shouldn't have said it :smh:

Quark
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Of course :chica: Have you met me? I'm the biggest TF fan on this very forum. I don't worship TFM as much but yeah, until the release of BTW (for me personally) she was the brightest, most original, interesting and captivating pop character in recent memory for me.

Trust me, I'm not dissing her here. I didn't even want to voice my opinion on Gaga's "decline" (the way I perceive it) but I was forced to :unicorn: All I was saying that at this point, in 2016, it's a bit redundant to keep comparing everyone to Gaga's peak because that's quite a long time ago now, which makes its love its punch as an argument imo since someone like Britney and Beyoncé held on to their success longer than Gaga.

Probably shouldn't have said it :smh:

Is just that you seem to be focusing on her decline. When I was just pointing out how I think Gaga had a bigger peak than these other two. Also, with your final comment you seem to be implying that Gaga's success is gone.

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Is just that you seem to be focusing on her decline. When I was just pointing out how I think Gaga had a bigger peak than these other two. Also, with your final comment you seem to be implying that Gaga's success is gone.

I edited it to avoid that conclusion :unicorn: I just mean in the timeline from 2008 to 2016.

Well, I didn't mean to focus on her decline :madge: Whatever, just forget about it. I enjoy the mere existence of Gaga's peak every day and I have perfect confidence in her capabilities to make a giant splash again under the right circumstances. I'm just calling into question the validity of comparing an essentially three year peak followed by a marked period of commercial decline as infinitely more impressive (since that's obviously what you're going for here) than an 18 year long career (Beyoncé) of continuously growing commercial success.

But again, I give no ****s about Gaga's commercial success. I do find it interesting to discuss but my opinion on her talent and value as an artist is not in the slightest connected to that, just want to clarify that for the last time.

Archived