Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is a bigger Superstar? Gaga or Beyonce?

monstereo

Who is the bigger Superstar?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger Superstar?

• Lady Gaga
    • Beyonce

Featured Posts

crisTEAne

it depends on your definition of superstar. in terms of what? chart position/sales? cultural impact? beyonce is bigger at the moment because of her new album, but gaga has never lost her superstar position. saying that she is no longer an A-lister is beyond ridiculous. just wait for LG5 to drop, and you'll see.

of course, we can say that gaga is no longer a superstar but a legend(-in-the-making). :diane:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterOfSpain
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Bey. She managed to endlessly captivate her audiences for nearly two decades, tour success is growing, critical acclaim is growing, still an unparallelled ****ing monster on stage,... I mean, just imagine Bey and Gaga walking next to each other on the street. Who would you be most starstruck by? That's right.

If you had asked me in 2008-09 tho :(

Gaga obviously. Why is this even a question? :toofunny: 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

an A list artist is a popular artist. Christina Aguilera has more streams on Spotify than Gaga lalely:emma:

Can we not try to bash Gaga in very unconvincing ways? I like you but please

By your definition, Selena Gomez is an A list star and Tony Bennett is not, don't tell me Tony is more popular than Selena Gomez.

MonsterOfSpain
36 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't get that. I know for a fact many people would've said Gaga was the bigger superstar (even non-fans) if someone asked them in 2008-09, maybe even 10. So it has nothing to do with who's in the business longer.

If you made this thread a year ago you'd get the exact same comments. Basically you'd get the same comments in every year since the BTW era. And don't give me the "no, in BTW she would succeed" 'cause in 2011-12 everyone here hated everything about that era while Bey was slaying with 4 (not album/single wise but live wise and in terms of people talking about her). The magical change of this forum's stance towards BTW is very amusing and worthy to talk about, but let's not get off-topic :unicorn:

Are you really saying the 4 era slayed the Born This Way era? I don't know where do you live, but in 2011 you must have lived in a cave. Born This Way's era is light years ahead of the 4 era, popularity wise and impact wise.

iCpro
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't get it.

Wasn't the Judas choreo rehearsed for months? :unicorn: It's the exact same one as she does in the video so technically she would've already rehearsed this for over a year if you want to get specific.

Have you not seen Bey's tours? I guess that's a possibility. But her dancing and singing stays phenomenal and energetic until the very end. I just used the Superbowl 'cause that was the first performance with impressive dancing that came to mind.

But I guess to properly respond: here's a video of the second to last performance of Beyoncé's 2009-10 tour.

Bey did 108 shows for this tour and performed this every night, among other dance-heavy numbers.

Of course Beyonce is a better dancer, my point was that it would be extremely exhausting performing that much. Gaga  even said once that her and the backup dancers were even vomiting backstage from exhaustion. I mean she was working so hard she fvcking smashed her hip to pieces :toofunny:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

M I M I Z
14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

Beyonce is bigger, I agree but no Gaga is still A-list after 2015's reinvention. :air:

Are you guys only considering the commercial success of one artist when determining whether or not she's huge? I mean what about the awards Gaga won :rip:

not to mention the acclaim of her performances (Oscars, Grammys, Superbowl, etc.)

and diversity, Gaga's wonderful role in American Horror Story?

Thanks for your polite disagreement not like other members here :sick:

+  I'm not delusional like other fans here

tumblr_inline_movkbtu1bF1qz4rgp.gif

Ciccone Madonna

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

Can we not try to bash Gaga in very unconvincing ways? I like you but please

By your definition, Selena Gomez is an A list star and Tony Bennett is not, don't tell me Tony is more popular than Selena Gomez.

Cheek to Cheek was for a different audience and it was something new gaga was doing as an era.. We cant compare Taylor country  albums(2012 and before) to Gaga s pop album even though Taylor was always more successful than Gaga in US, that doesn t make the comparison fair. I am just saying people are listeing more to christina pop songs than gaga pop songs even though Christina Aguilera s career to some people is over since 2006.:emma:

Bradley
Just now, M I M I Z said:

Thanks for your polite disagreement not like other members here :sick:

+  I'm not delusional like other fans here

tumblr_inline_movkbtu1bF1qz4rgp.gif

You can be as rational as you want, but being rational means you would realise that, what Gaga gave us in 2015 and early 2016 were not things some random B list artist would be able to deliver.

I don't want to be labelled delusional too, but when Gaga deserves some credit, you have it give it to her.

Didymus
35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

To be considered a huge artist, I don't think your method of assessment is fair at all. You have to take into account what the artist has achieved overall in his/her entire career. Of course I would consider the achievements that Beyonce has garnered for decades and Gaga for her eight years in the business, the length of one's career does matter, and I don't get how you can render it unimportant. Just because Katy Perry's not releasing an album now doesn't mean she's irrelevant, artists take time to release music and the blackouts in between make these artists look 'irrelevant' when in fact they simply have different times of activity.

Lol I love 4 and Beyonce but no, don't call me biased, I'm trying very hard to be rational here but the Born This Way era was massively huge, 4 was no match for it. Born This Way garnered an Album of the Year (and Best Pop Vocal Album) nomination, 4 didn't. Born This Way was #3 on the YEAR END list chart of Billboard 200 and debuted with 1 million copies (yes it was discounted but still those were concrete copies sold) I mean yeah 4 had good performances, but why does GGD's opinion matter when we have the world's? How was Born This Way a heavily hated album generally speaking? Not to mention the live performances were praised too (how did you come to the conclusion that Gaga looks ridiculous on tour?), especially the Born This Way Ball.

Btw if we're talking about who's a bigger artist in 2011, 4's sales and success need to be taken into consideration. (you disregarded it)

A superstar ≠ a huge artist. Bey's starpower was already noticed when she debuted with Destiny's Child. So was Madonna's in her debut year of 1983. So was Britney's and Gaga's when they came out. What they achieved doesn't mean ****. It's all about the image you project onto your audience. If they believe you're a superstar, you are, despite a lack of competitive sales.

I'm not buying the "irrelevant" argument either. Again: Beyoncé did nothing last year while Gaga was everywhere and do you think that would've influenced people's decisions? You'd probably say no, but only because Beyoncé has had more time to prove herself. I think that's bs, since Bey already proved herself worthy of being called a massive superstar within the first eight years of her career. So even if you would compare the first eight years of their careers, I think the results wouldn't really change significantly.

I'm not talking about which era (BTW or 4) was bigger, I'm talking about whether or not 2011-12 would've influenced the comments in this thread and on this forum in general. Maybe you weren't here, but in those two years 80% of this forum loathed the album, loathed the promo, loathed the single choices, loathed the performances, loathed the visuals,... Everyone was complaining and wishing the TFM era would come back.

So I don't care about what "the world's" opinion is, that's not the subject of this thread or my posts :chica: It's about what we think and you're calling my arguments in favour of Beyoncé bs and can only refer to irrelevant stuff to defend yourself when the question in this thread is: who is the biggest superstar and why?

And I called Gaga ridiculous on tour based on her dancing compared to the dancing of her competitors (Beyoncé and Madonna specifically, the latter only mentioned to create some perspective since she's 50+ years old and is still [until 2013 anyway] more impressive in choreography than Gaga).

You seem to be talking about who has had more success, I think that matters little to nothing when it comes to your superstar status. Hell, people have been shitting on Beyoncé and Rihanna's lack of glorious album sales for years now and their reigns clearly aren't over. Beyoncé's tour success has grown over the years and is still growing and yet you discard that level of success too, acting like she's only successful now because she's been around longer, which is nothing but a myth this forum comes up with to pretend Gaga's still the major competitor :smh:

If you disagree with me, that's fine, but then stay on topic and respond with arguments about why Gaga or Bey is a bigger superstar in general and don't come up with these random off-topic arguments about who's in the business longer and why it's unfair because Gaga's been invisible for the last three years (which isn't even true). I was just stating my opinion as a personal opinion so I don't get why you're talking to me about the world's and this forum's opinion as a whole :air: Why are you responding to me specifically in the first place?

lego
16 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

I'm a Gaga fan but I'm gonna be honest gaga is no longer considered A listed singer

7 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

an A list artist is a popular artist.

He said an "A list singer" and only delusional hater would say she's now a "B-list singer" after all her jazz & tribute performances and performances at Superbowl and Oscars. 

If Spotify is measure, everyone who has more streams than Madonna is an "A list artist", and she's on the B list, right? 

:emma:

Mess. 

FreePalestine

Didymus
20 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Gaga obviously. Why is this even a question? :toofunny: 

Because I know that for myself, and plausibly many others, they would be more starstruck by Beyoncé :unicorn: You don't need to agree, but I don't need to agree with you either.

14 minutes ago, cpro said:

Of course Beyonce is a better dancer, my point was that it would be extremely exhausting performing that much. Gaga  even said once that her and the backup dancers were even vomiting backstage from exhaustion. I mean she was working so hard she fvcking smashed her hip to pieces :toofunny:

Yeah, ok.. but this is not about who works harder, the discussion was about how Beyoncé's dancing is better than Gaga's and how that contributes to her star power :chica: And if you think Beyoncé isn't working just as hard as Gaga to be able to perform the way she does on tour and elsewhere, then.. :chica:

Ciccone Madonna
Just now, YourSweet666 said:

He said an "A list singer" and only delusional hater would say she's now a "B-list singer" after all her jazz & tribute performances and performances at Superbowl and Oscars. 

If Spotify is measure, everyone who has more streams than Madonna is an "A list artist", and she's on the B list, right? 

:emma:

Mess. 

well she has more than Mariah and all the others coming before 1995. So, she is winning big time. Christina Aguilera debuted 18 years ago and Gaga 8 though

Epione

Beyonce may be bigger, but Gaga is definitely more involved with her work. And that's why Gaga earns so much respect. A list queen superstar Lady Gaga. default_oprah133.gif

lego
Just now, Ciccone Madonna said:

well she has more than Mariah and all the others coming before 1995. So, she is winning big time. Christina Aguilera debuted 18 years ago and Gaga 8 though

So that means Mariah is B list singer compared to Madonna? :air:

FreePalestine

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Cheek to Cheek was for a different audience and it was something new gaga was doing as an era.. We cant compare Taylor country  albums(2012 and before) to Gaga s pop album even though Taylor was always more successful than Gaga in US, that doesn t make the comparison fair. I am just saying people are listeing more to christina pop songs than gaga pop songs even though Christina Aguilera s career to some people is over since 2006.:emma:

I don't get your reply, Cheek to Cheek was something new to Gaga, yes but that could still be considered as a contribution towards her being an A-list star, couldn't it? You said being an A-list star = a popular artist

how does this point stand? That's what I was doubting. are you saying because Gaga is very diverse that she does TV shows and jazz albums, all these should be disregarded and hence she is not an A-list star merely because they are not related to her core business - pop music?

Archived