💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kanye West in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 with...

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

I'm not an expert at this so educate me if I'm wrong, but I think they need to tweak the formula for this slightly. Sales should be worth a lot more against streams than the current ratio.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry
13 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

Fine, so maybe they didn't report those crazy numbers, but then we go to HDD (for more precise numbers) and look at the top 4...

#1  The Lumineers - Cleopatra - 122.763/105.662 in sales (86,03% were sales)
#2 - Deftones - Gore - 68.188/65.642 in sales (96.26% were sales)
#3 - Chris Stapleton - Traveller - 46.583/37.906 in sales (81.37% were sales)

#4 - Kanye - TLOP - 43.710/1.000 in sales, according to BB - it didn't make the top 50 of sales, so I can't find it on HDD (2.28% were sales)

So, considering that Tidal has EVERY interest in the artists that own the service doing well, isn't it suspicious at all that the disproportion between sales and streams is so absurdly large?

But I'm not preaching anything, believe whatever makes you happy (that's what I do :laughga:)...

I don't think it's suspicious at all, as Kanye's album is not available to purchase at any major retailers, digitally or physically. You can only buy it from his website which has not been advertised at all. And even if it was, it's only been available on Tidal for two months, which most people refuse to get, so the majority will have likely torrented it already before it became available to buy.

weed
39 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They're just mad Kanye remains on top with literally NO SALES.

Their faves could never :lolga:

What's he on top of?

Morphine Prince
Just now, neptugne said:

What's he on top of?

BB charts. Stay pressed :derpga: 

weed
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

BB charts. Stay pressed :derpga: 

an album falling from #1 to #4 puts him on top? Who'd've known 

Morphine Prince
Just now, neptugne said:

an album falling from #1 to #4 puts him on top? Who'd've known 

Still top 5. 

King Kanye. 

43 minutes ago, Iwontell said:

Fine, so maybe they didn't report those crazy numbers, but then we go to HDD (for more precise numbers) and look at the top 4...

#1  The Lumineers - Cleopatra - 122.763/105.662 in sales (86,03% were sales)
#2 - Deftones - Gore - 68.188/65.642 in sales (96.26% were sales)
#3 - Chris Stapleton - Traveller - 46.583/37.906 in sales (81.37% were sales)

#4 - Kanye - TLOP - 43.710/1.000 in sales, according to BB - it didn't make the top 50 of sales, so I can't find it on HDD (2.28% were sales)

So, considering that Tidal has EVERY interest in the artists that own the service doing well, isn't it suspicious at all that the disproportion between sales and streams is so absurdly large?

But I'm not preaching anything, believe whatever makes you happy (that's what I do )...

no. kanye is a big streaming force and his album is only available to buy on his website (which almost nobody knows of). it had a weird release so you can't really compare its pure sales/streams to other classic album releases.

Runway

Yas at FLOP punching Mind of Mine and BTW off the list of the biggest second week drops :giveup: 

StarstruckIllusion

THIS

IS

WHAT

HAPPENS

WHEN

YOU

STEAL

MUSIC

AND

DOWNLOAD

LEAKS