💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kanye West in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 with...

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

1 000 copies sold.

what the ACTUAL F*CK is this mess?

smh

Kanye West’s The Life of Pablo descends 1-4 with 47,000 units (down 50 percent). The album fell 95 percent in traditional album sales, falling from a 28,000 start to a little more than 1,000 copies sold. (Much of its first week sales were bolstered by pre-orders not delivered until after the album saw a wide release on April 1. Those pre-orders were sold as part of a ticket/album bundle to his Yeezy 3 fashion show held at Madison Square Garden and screened via a live stream in movie theaters. The remaining sales were from Tidal and West’s official website.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7334131/the-lumineers-score-their-first-no-1-album-on-billboard-200-cleopatra-charts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

Its official. Tidal bitches aka Rhianna, Kanye, etc. KILLED the music industry. 

/thread

Iwontell

Dude...does it really matter at this point, though? :laughga: I mean, we all know how unreliable these numbers are...
He's 4th bc of stream numbers provided by Tidal, a service that he OWNS...

I mean it IS funny that traditional sales are down for everyone, but for Tidal artists the disproportion between sales and streams is abyssal...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

ViviLittleM
Just now, Iwontell said:

Dude...does it really matter at this point, though? :laughga: I mean, we all know how unreliable these numbers are...
He's 4th bc of stream numbers provided by Tidal, a service that he OWNS...

I mean it IS funny that traditional sales are down for everyone, but for Tidal artists the disproportion between sales and streams is abyssal...

No

not tidal only

but Spotify.

and tidal isn't big so

Spotify

xdeki666

as much as i hate anti and love tlop

we all thought anti era was a mess

now look at this

Harry
6 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Its official. Tidal bitches aka Rhianna, Kanye, etc. KILLED the music industry. 

/thread

How on earth did you reach that conclusion?

Iwontell
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

No

not tidal only

but Spotify.

and tidal isn't big so

Spotify

Precisely, Tidal isn't big, still...

http://allhiphop.com/2016/04/01/songs-from-kanye-wests-the-life-of-pablo-streamed-over-400-million-times-on-tidal/

...so, yeah, Tidal is bluntly manufacturing streaming numbers to benefit the artists that own the service and they'll deliver amazing fictitious results until something is done about it...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Ferrer Zorola
17 minutes ago, xdeki666 said:

as much as i hate anti and love tlop

we all thought anti era was a mess

now look at this

well hello new hot Gagadaily user :hor:

LIFE IS GOOD

Morphine Prince
Just now, Harry said:

How on earth did you reach that conclusion?

They're just mad Kanye remains on top with literally NO SALES.

Their faves could never :lolga:

ViviLittleM
Just now, Iwontell said:

Precisely, Tidal isn't big, still...

http://allhiphop.com/2016/04/01/songs-from-kanye-wests-the-life-of-pablo-streamed-over-400-million-times-on-tidal/

...so, yeah, Tidal is bluntly manufacturing streaming numbers to benefit the artists that own the service and they'll deliver amazing fictitious results until something is done about it...

these numbers were fake x) like the 1,4M for anti lmao.

Harry

Everyone saying it's Tidal inflating numbers to give him a higher chart spot is wrong lol. The album was Tidal exclusive until it went on other streaming services last week, and it never charted before that.

What is the problem?

Archived