Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Rihanna break Mariah's record(s)?

migamiga

Featured Posts

migamiga

With "Work" logging in its seventh week at #1, this brings Rihanna's total weeks at the summit to 58 weeks total. One more week at #1 and she will tie The Beatles (59) and be second to the queen of whistles Mariah Carey (79). 

Mariah also has the most #1 singles for a solo artist (18) and is second overall (The Beatles lead with 20). Do you think Rihanna can surpass Mariah in either or both categories?

I feel like she might be able to beat Mariah for #1s (even though Rihanna's include her features), but I'm less sure regarding the weeks in total. No shade, but it will be kind of sad if she does. It's already sad she beat MJ (13 #1s).

Rih has also tied Mimi for having four 7+week rulers (MC: 'One Sweet Day', 'We Belong Together', 'Dreamlover', 'Fantasy'; Rih: 'Work', 'We Found Love', 'Love the Way You Lie' and 'Umbrella')

Thoughts

Spock

Will GGD keep copying ATRL thread(s)? 

ib1aaqhkuzw2lbudzpb.gif

who will love me when the night is over

migamiga
Just now, Spock said:

Will GGD keep copying ATRL thread(s)? 

ib1aaqhkuzw2lbudzpb.gif

I'm not on ATRL but thanks for your contribution

9d367d10-bbc7-0133-bf45-0e694d25c22d.gif

SISTERV

Being that Rhianna is so young still for someone who already has been in the industry and relevant for over a decade, I'd say it's highly possible.

But she can't take long breaks like she did before ANTI. One of the reasons Rhianna has so many number ones at her age is because her team was smart enough to deliver a new album every year, and if a single flopped, they didn't push it, moved on quickly, and would release a new single until it Worked. (See what I did there?) ;)

darkchylde

It's a matter of time. Eventually, she'll surpass The Beatles and finally maybe people will shut the **** up about them.

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, VenusOddity said:

It's a matter of time. Eventually, she'll surpass The Beatles and finally maybe people will shut the **** up about them.

lmao do you hate them or something? I don't but I surely can't understand people's exaggerated love for them... they're not even close to Queen and the only song I like by John Lennon is imagine and it's not theirs... 

LIFE IS GOOD

Versace

Tbh when it comes to selling Singles , Rihanna is a force to be reckoned with and I'm afraid that's all there is to her and ever will be...

A Greatest Hits album is long over due tbh , I'd like one ASAP with 3 new tracks (Upbeat pop preferably , so nothing like the ANTi stuff) , watch them all hit the number #1 spot. Eventually, Rihanna will beat the Beatles record for most number ones. 

zakariah
27 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

lmao do you hate them or something? I don't but I surely can't understand people's exaggerated love for them... they're not even close to Queen and the only song I like by John Lennon is imagine and it's not theirs... 

Lol same, I feel like their just an older version of 1D, cos in their time girls wld fangirl over them a lot like what the 1D fans do nowadays. 

TimisaMonster

What a depressing thought this is :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Brian Ryan

There most be a lot of fortunetellers. I think she could do it. Other than that, I don't know I can't see the future. lol

teenagechrist

I don't know, I hope not. It would be kinda sad and unfair. I'm not trying to be mean, but Mariah earned those 18 number one hits with talent and without streaming.

feeling so hot tamale

Archived