💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's up with Halsey?

Xaylan

Featured Posts

Pablo

Is this at all related to when she went outside her hotel and told her fans to chill out that she couldn't meet anyone? 

Don't visit my profile

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

I don't have anything personally against her, I just find her singing style and entire aesthetic to be pretty annoying :duck: 

Colors is a bop though :green: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Xaylan
2 hours ago, Moncher said:

What happened ? :neyde:

Nothing. They just hate her for no reason, and they've sent her hate and death threats and now she deleted Twitter and everyone is cheering 

HauntingHollow
Just now, Xaylan said:

Nothing. They just hate her for no reason, and they've sent her hate and death threats and now she deleted Twitter and everyone is cheering 

uhm are they retarded ? because that sounds retarded :saladga:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Xaylan
1 hour ago, Moncher said:

uhm are they retarded ? because that sounds retarded 

They're rude af. It's a perfect example of how ****ed up this world really is. Half of them are lgbt

hoeslay

People are so ignorant. It is 100% all bandwagon hate.

HALSEY IS NOTHING LIKE OTHER INDIE GIRLS. SHE IS ACTUALLY FRESH. I can admit that in her 2015 AYT Tour era she was being styled with lots of Tumblr-popular clothes that she didn't even like but felt forced to wear because of her anxiety and pressure. People have tried showing me videos of how she's copying other people and I sit there and laugh because someone is actually so spiteful they took the time to make that AND there's literally no f*cking correlation between anything in the video. 

She is a successful woman who is taking charge in a genre dominated by men. REGARDLESS of many arguments you might make, it is clear a huge part of this is sexist, (as well as bi-phobic, which is a HUGE issue in the gay community, specifically gay stan culture) She's being devalued. "ALL indie artists sound the same. ALL the indie girls do the same thing. They ALL dress the same way." Except they don't. Everyone who says these things are usually Top 40 stans who don't listen to indie music, don't have tumblrs even tho they claim to know what's tumblr and what isn't, and like to feed off of hate because they think it makes them look cool.

Everyone asks for a queer, POC, feminist artist. That's exactly what Halsey is. But no - she's too "extra." She is a talented artist with a respectable voice, an amazing performer and lyricist. She has diagnosed bipolar disorder and she is a 21 year old girl was thrown into the industry at the age of 19 and has gone through lots of emotional and mental abuse. People forget that she's YOUNG, and human. It's honestly such a sad reflection of our cultured today. 

Learn that not everyone's gonna be what you like. As a queer person of color myself, I go through the same Sh*t all the time. Halsey is always harassed and targeted for her identity. In a time where so many are fighting for the freedom of gender, sexuality, and identity expression - it's about time we let people live their damn lives with at least a shred of respect. 

Xaylan
5 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

People are so ignorant. It is 100% all bandwagon hate.

HALSEY IS NOTHING LIKE OTHER INDIE GIRLS. SHE IS ACTUALLY FRESH. I can admit that in her 2015 AYT Tour era she was being styled with lots of Tumblr-popular clothes that she didn't even like but felt forced to wear because of her anxiety and pressure. People have tried showing me videos of how she's copying other people and I sit there and laugh because someone is actually so spiteful they took the time to make that AND there's literally no f*cking correlation between anything in the video. 

She is a successful woman who is taking charge in a genre dominated by men. REGARDLESS of many arguments you might make, it is clear a huge part of this is sexist, (as well as bi-phobic, which is a HUGE issue in the gay community, specifically gay stan culture) She's being devalued. "ALL indie artists sound the same. ALL the indie girls do the same thing. They ALL dress the same way." Except they don't. Everyone who says these things are usually Top 40 stans who don't listen to indie music, don't have tumblrs even tho they claim to know what's tumblr and what isn't, and like to feed off of hate because they think it makes them look cool.

Everyone asks for a queer, POC, feminist artist. That's exactly what Halsey is. But no - she's too "extra." She is a talented artist with a respectable voice, an amazing performer and lyricist. She has diagnosed bipolar disorder and she is a 21 year old girl was thrown into the industry at the age of 19 and has gone through lots of emotional and mental abuse. People forget that she's YOUNG, and human. It's honestly such a sad reflection of our cultured today. 

Learn that not everyone's gonna be what you like. As a queer person of color myself, I go through the same Sh*t all the time. Halsey is always harassed and targeted for her identity. In a time where so many are fighting for the freedom of gender, sexuality, and identity expression - it's about time we let people live their damn lives with at least a shred of respect. 

Yesss. It's so ridiculous. It's most of the LGBT community, and all the community complains about it wanting to be treated equal, but here they are bashing a girl for being hersefherself

hoeslay

OH - and a side note.

Literally EVERY DAMN TIME someone tries to come at Halsey they use early 2015 pictures, music, and "aesthetics". Come August of 2015 (from which then on nothing is ever used against her), she transformed her style and sound almost completely. She was no longer a "tumblr" girl.  She pumped up the sexy and empowered, the bold, the violent. She toured with The Weeknd and Travis Scott and released completely nongeneric music, most of which was produced by Norwegian electronic/hip hop legend Lido. All her new work is devalued and people give her **** for all her old stuff. 

hoeslay
Just now, Xaylan said:

Yesss. It's so ridiculous. It's most of the LGBT community, and all the community complains about it wanting to be treated equal, but here they are bashing a girl for being hersefherself

EXACTLY. Our community is shat on EVERY DAMN DAY. How are you gonna be fighting for your rights as a queer person and bashing someone calling them a "tri-bi" like? Wtf? And for those who didn't know Halsey never claimed to be a tri-bi. she was misquoted once and has expressed "“I f*cking hate it, the idea that something like that would be trivialized down to a f*cking hashtag. I mean, there's a ton of biphobia — people refuse to accept bisexuality as an actual sexuality. And I'm biracial, but also white-passing, which is a unique perspective. So these kids say, like, 'Oh, ****ing tri-bi Halsey! She'll never miss an opportunity to talk about it!' I want to sit them down like a mom and go, 'Six months ago you were begging for an artist that would talk about this ****! But then I do, and you say, oh, not her. Someone else.'

Xaylan
5 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

EXACTLY. Our community is shat on EVERY DAMN DAY. How are you gonna be fighting for your rights as a queer person and bashing someone calling them a "tri-bi" like? Wtf? And for those who didn't know Halsey never claimed to be a tri-bi. she was misquoted once and has expressed "“I f*cking hate it, the idea that something like that would be trivialized down to a f*cking hashtag. I mean, there's a ton of biphobia — people refuse to accept bisexuality as an actual sexuality. And I'm biracial, but also white-passing, which is a unique perspective. So these kids say, like, 'Oh, ****ing tri-bi Halsey! She'll never miss an opportunity to talk about it!' I want to sit them down like a mom and go, 'Six months ago you were begging for an artist that would talk about this ****! But then I do, and you say, oh, not her. Someone else.'

People don't know what they want. It's so hypocritical. I hate the fact that after she deactived, everyone like cheered like they conquered something great. I recently read that people were telling her to try to commit suicide like Kelanhi

VenusBlackStar

I never got why it's a thing to hate on Halsey so much...the first time I heard her music I knew I was going to love her, and I do! I think every now and then she does or says a few things that make me think she's trying a little too much or being one of those kids who are "aggressively too cool" for everyone, but for the most part I enjoy her and her music. She rocks a shaved head like no other.

My sister and I are seeing her concert at the end of summer. :gaycat:

Cody Draco

I dislike her as an artist, she is not someone I would be friends with, and I don't understand why she has a record deal with millions of dollars invested into promoting her work.

I wish her well in life as I do with everyone.

Self-loathing people flock to the internet and use "stan wars" or just their opinions on celebrities as a distraction and way to vent their frustrations.

I know because I used to be one of them.

Instead of trying to change the opinions of naysayers we need to just focus on bettering ourselves, becoming stronger so other people can't destroy us.

Everyone has the ability, it's just a matter of fighting for it.

#NeverGiveUpHalsey #NeverGiveUpAzealia #NeverGiveUpIggy #NeverGiveUpMelanie

:wub:

paganpoetry

i agree that some of her singles are boring and overhyped (sorry :emma:) but her non-singles are pretty great. i bought her album twice and 3 tickets to her show, so i guess it's safe to say i'm a fan, but i'm not touching none of this mess. the stan world is a disgusting place :duck:

BJORK MELANIE HALSEY BEYONCE NICKI GAGA KERLI IIRIS IMOGEN TROYE SHINEE EXO F(X)

Harry

Mess at OP trying to force people to like her.

I agree that bullying someone via their Twitter and telling them to kill themselves is wrong, but guess what? Some people just don't like her and her attitude. And that's a fine opinion to have. So yes I will express my dislike of her if a video pops up of her yelling at fans who waited hours in the cold for her, and yes I might make a joke here and there. But that doesn't mean I'm going to send actual hate and abuse towards her. 

Hecturr

i agree that death threats are too much, but you can't force people to like her. 

Archived