💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

That Dragon, Cancer

ryanripley

Featured Posts

ryanripley

WARNING: themes of terminal illness, not for those that can't handle heavy amounts of emotions

so i just played about an hour of this game that seems to be gaining popularity and i have no more tears left to cry :giveup:

if you don't know this game, it's a true story about a family who's son is diagnosed with cancer and so they created this game to tell that story. the game is about 2 hours long and that's all their is too it but oh my god, has anyone else here played this yet? what are your opinions? :giveup:

personally, i had to stop playing and carry on another day because it was too much in one sitting. i DO recommend it but pls, if you do play, don't take on more than you can handle :saladga: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
Just now, Matt Amor said:

why would anyone want to play anything so depressing :flop:

sometimes it feels good to cry :giveup:

but srs, it really hits you in the core and has already made some sort of change to the way i view cancer, i personally haven't experienced it and nor has anyone close to me. i used to see it as "ah a tragic thing that happens" but it's absolutely soul destroying :giveup:

mucinex
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

sometimes it feels good to cry :giveup:

but srs, it really hits you in the core and has already made some sort of change to the way i view cancer, i personally haven't experienced it and nor has anyone close to me. i used to see it as "ah a tragic thing that happens" but it's absolutely soul destroying :giveup:

i don't play video games anymore but if i ever did again it wouldn't be something sad like that :rip: 

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Matt Amor said:

i don't play video games anymore but if i ever did again it wouldn't be something sad like that :rip: 

sometimes you have to sis, my delusion needs to be toned down every now and then :toofunny:

I've seen JackSepticEye (gaming Youtuber in case you didn't know) played this about two months ago. Can't play this type of games on my laptop so I just watch YouTubers. Also, it was just sitting there on my Watch Later playlist.

Didn't know what I was getting myself into. 

What a great story, though. Helped me realize how serious cancer really is. My heart goes to the parents that helped make the game. Playing the game makes you feel the pain of those parents, but also makes you feel the joy of being a parent to that special kid.

Wait, you didn't finish the game yet? Or did I misunderstood you? :flop:

But I hoped that you have recovered from this cause it was hard for me. Had a lot of tissues, had a lot of staring at the ceiling. It made me ponder my life real good. I'm pretty sensitive so...

Spoiler

I broke down to tears when we were at the place (i think it was a hospital?) with all the letters/cards. When I finally realized what all of those meant, i couldn't stop myself from crying. There were so many. I couldn't believe it.

"Don't let speed bumps become the mountains they try to be!" -MD :giveup: 

did I mumble too much? :derpga:

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

I've seen JackSepticEye (gaming Youtuber in case you didn't know) played this about two months ago. Can't play this type of games on my laptop so I just watch YouTubers. Also, it was just sitting there on my Watch Later playlist.

Didn't know what I was getting myself into. 

What a great story, though. Helped me realize how serious cancer really is. My heart goes to the parents that helped make the game. Playing the game makes you feel the pain of those parents, but also makes you feel the joy of being a parent to that special kid.

Wait, you didn't finish the game yet? Or did I misunderstood you? :flop:

But I hoped that you have recovered from this cause it was hard for me. Had a lot of tissues, had a lot of staring at the ceiling. It made me ponder my life real good. I'm pretty sensitive so...

Reveal hidden contents

I broke down to tears when we were at the place (i think it was a hospital?) with all the letters/cards. When I finally realized what all of those meant, i couldn't stop myself from crying. There were so many. I couldn't believe it.

"Don't let speed bumps become the mountains they try to be!" -MD :giveup: 

did I mumble too much? :derpga:

i haven't finished it yet, i got to the part where the room floods and it turns into an ocean and i was like "ok, i need a break :giveup:". i had to have a whole toilet roll next me, 5 minutes into the game is when i started to cry :toofunny:

Spoiler

same here sis!! that corridor card part killed me! especially all the ones that were for mothers because it's my biggest fear that my mother dies of cancer :giveup: 

9 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i haven't finished it yet, i got to the part where the room floods and it turns into an ocean and i was like "ok, i need a break :giveup:". i had to have a whole toilet roll next me, 5 minutes into the game is when i started to cry :toofunny:

Hide contents

same here sis!! that corridor card part killed me! especially all the ones that were for mothers because it's my biggest fear that my mother dies of cancer :giveup: 

oh, honey. i'm so sorry! i understand why you stopped playing, just don't force yourself into the game if you're not ready. at least you understand what the parents wanted to tell to everyone who's playing the game. 

Spoiler

as for your biggest fear, everyone who has a mother has that kind of fear. even if that kid doesn't have a good relationship with his/her mother, he/she will have that fear. cause i share that fear too, sis. i don't know what to feel, honestly, you sharing that info to a stranger. but thank you for sharing. :hug: my heart goes to you!

Archived