Melanie Martinez's awkward encounter with fan

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaney
6 minutes ago, amenvodka said:

This is exactly what Gaga probably wanted to talk about back in 2013 when she said "Nobody respects artists anymore".

Newsflash: Artists are living, breathing human beings with desires and moods just like any other human being. You are not entitled to ANYTHING just because you like their music. Period.

Y'all are saying "Oh, she pretends like she's better than anyone else, her poop doesn't smell better than mine" but tell me: How would you feel if people you would have never known would constantly try to sneak pictures of you, touch you, hug you and follow every step you move? You would feel uncomfortable, right? Just because she released an album some months ago, doesn't mean she wants to get harrassed every time she steps out.

I don't think that's what Gaga meant when she said "Nobody respects artists anymore."

You never see Gaga getting upset when people are taking pictures of her... unless she's trying to be "undercover". but even then... remember when that paparazzi was taking pictures of her getting ready in the window? She went out and gave him his own photoshoot.

And if I was a popular artist, I would love it if people did that to me...... 

Supersonic
15 minutes ago, Bae said:

I agree that sometimes fans can be creepy but it wasn't worth making her fans feel bad about themselves.

People need to understand that actions have consequences.

I don't get this. She wasn't rude at all and nothing that she said was mean or insulting. Their behaviour was creepy and inappropiate and she told them that she finds it weird and creepy. Maybe this is a cultural thing, but why is telling it how it actually is rude? :duck:

I see people have a meltdown over her "rude attitude" but the same people are indiffrent about (or even supportive of) the hate-mongering speeches of the likes of Donald Trump. Like....?????? Is this a North American thing specifically? Are women not supposed to say whenever she feels like in a uncomfortable and dangerous situation?

Hecturr
2 minutes ago, amenvodka said:

I don't get this. She wasn't rude at all and nothing that she said was mean or insulting. Their behaviour was creepy and inappropiate and she told them that she finds it weird and creepy. Maybe this is a cultural thing, but why is telling it how it actually is rude? :duck:

I see people have a meltdown over her "rude attitude" but the same people are indiffrent about (or even supportive of) the hate-mongering speeches of the likes of Donald Trump. Like....?????? Is this a North American thing specifically?

how is taking pics of a musician creepy and weird? 

Supersonic
Just now, Hecturr said:

how is taking pics of a musician creepy and weird? 

A person you don't know AT ALL is standing next to you closely, trying to sneak pictures of you. What is NOT creepy about that? I'd personally even punch a person I'm good friends with if they tried to secretly take pictures of me.

The Child
30 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Well would you like it if someone took a picture of you just like that? She felt uncomfortable.She wasn't rude anyway.Stop overreacting please

Yes of course I'd love it if people took pics of me like that.

Take My Picture, Hollywood! I Wanna Be a Star! :derpga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Iwontell

Again, I get why she could be upset, but having your picture taken is on the job description, hunty, grow up.
The girl wasn't even jumping on you or telling you how to pose...fans are obnoxious by nature, and it's not that they're evil, or assholes, or even impolite, they're just excited! You can't flip out at everything they do...if you don't like cameras, go work in a bank. I'm sure no one's gonna bother you there...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Peroxide
30 minutes ago, Bae said:

You never see Gaga getting upset when people are taking pictures of her... unless she's trying to be "undercover". but even then... remember when that paparazzi was taking pictures of her getting ready in the window? She went out and gave him his own photoshoot.

I never heard of this :omg: 

Are there any pictures?

Harry

I understand where she's coming from, completely. It is pretty weird and I would never just randomly take a selfie like that when the person isn't even looking at the camera lol. But again she really needs to stop talking down to these people that adore her. Like maybe just politely say she doesn't want her picture taken like that, maybe even make a joke out of it and then take a proper one? It would take a second. And if you don't want to see your fans then just go out the back door lol. She clearly doesn't care about her fans much at all nor does she appreciate the love they give her.

Shaney
30 minutes ago, amenvodka said:

I see people have a meltdown over her "rude attitude" but the same people are indiffrent about (or even supportive of) the hate-mongering speeches of the likes of Donald Trump. Like....?????? Is this a North American thing specifically? Are women not supposed to say whenever she feels like in a uncomfortable and dangerous situation?

Can you not turn this into a feminist argument, please? It has nothing to do with women not being able to speak up  :duck:  I don't see how her fans were being creepy and inappropriate? They were doing what normal fans these days do. Even if she felt uncomfortable, it would have been nice as the artist to not say anything at all than to make her fans feel like they did something wrong. Notice how the girl and the guy were both like.. "wtf Melanie?" 

Her fans weren't putting her in any danger at all... She's a public figure, having a picture of her face on a fans phone isn't gunna make a difference anyways when I can go online and find another pic of her... Why doesn't she hire a team to take all photos of her off the internet?

codymonster

Do you know what? I'm glad she's doing this. She was polite and said it makes her uncomfortable. I'd rather she was honest from the start, rather than pretend she's okay and have a meltdown down the road. She's letting her fans know how she wants to be treated. Will that make her lose some fans; maybe. But I'm sure she would rather lose some fans and keep her sanity and her loyal fans.

Archived