Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Millennials find Madonna 'desperate', study finds

Pop

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, PychedelicPop said:

Well, this the way Madonna has always worked her ways. She makes a big buzz out of non-sense and embarrasment and then delievers her message and some quality music to the very little people who UNDERSTAND HER!

Probably you need be reminded that back in 1984 when she popped out of that huge wedding cake, she wasn't receiving grammy's or critical acclaim unlike Cyndi Lauper. Madonna was being trashed like she is being right now. But her impact prevailed. Then Like A Prayer came, then Erotica came, and so on and on.

She might not have radio smashes like she did back in the day, but she is still acomplishing much with the same formula. Her album sold aroun 1 million copies (very good numbers for today's state of music sales) Her tour was one of the most grossing tours and she was very talked about in the media for good or bad reason but she was.

At the end of the day even if you're a very high critcical-acllaimed artists, you're still going to hace detractors. So, you think she cares? At the end of the day she also has a lot of supporters and peopel who were able to understand the whole concept behind the "Rebel Heart". You can be a rebel and be disliked by many while you're doing you're crazy anticts but underneath this, there is a heart full of soul and creativity (If some people here took the time to watch her acoustic performance in her show).

After this explanation, let me quote her words during the intro of her show:

I’m a woman. I’m a blonde. I have tits and an ass, and an insatiable desire to be noticed.

“Come on, baby. Show us your ass. Shake it for us, baby. Do that dance you do so well for us, baby.”

Ok. But I still want to start a revolution. Somebody’s got to.

There’s too much beauty in the world going to waste.
Too much talent going unnoticed.
Too much creativity crushed beneath the wheel of corporate branding and what’s trending.
But it’s time to wake up...

And I looked into the eyes of people and I saw helplessness.
I saw hopelessness.
I saw humans searching for a way out.

Because when those Fascist dictators posing as righteous men come for you with their big leather boots to shut you up,
To put a gag in your mouth,
To send you away to a penal colony,
You better be prepared to fight for what you believe in.
You better be prepared to die for what you believe in.

I want to start a revolution.
Are you with me?"

Amen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
On March 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM, River said:

Cher is older but still can make mature music and look sexy...so all the ageism complains are bullshit..

Madonna simply needs to find this balance between age and sex... she can still look sexy without trying hard to look like a grandmother stripper..

The article is right, the BIM video and the song for example are awkward.. and kinda makes you feel sorry for her.. like after all the amazing things that she did in the past.. this is what she became?

I want the old Madonna back.. the one that I loved, that had influence on music and fashion and that changed the world.. thank you.

I don't even think its about what she wears. Cher wears skimpy outfits on tour too. I think its Madonna's behavior. Her antics. Like pulling down her bra onstage to show her breasts. It's the same desperation the girls on those "Girls Gone Wild" **** videos. Showing your breasts for attention. It stuff like pulling up the shirt of a 16 year old girl while she's on tour. Stuff like talking about her son's "sausage." Stuff like jumping on the shoulders of LMFAO during the Super Bowl.  Stuff like reposting a defaced picture of MLK. All those things make her desperate. It's her actions that make her desperate, not what she wears, IMO.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

AJH219

She is still one of the greatest female musician to ever walk this planet; so it truly doesn't matter what a bunch of millennials think. Anyone who hates Madonna gets no respect from me, especially if they're gay. I want absolutely nothing to do with people who don't worship her like me. I feel the same way about people who don't worship Lady Gaga. Its honestly such a turn off. I know that's petty and downright pathetic, but that's just how I am with almost everything in life. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Prismatic
5 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Are we here again? You're being desperate for being 50+ and sexual? :neyde:

instagram_154.jpg

Queen defending her future self :legend: 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

PaperIz

I love Madonna and I love Rebel Heart. She's old and still wants to have fun and do her thang. Haters can stay pressed.

iloveit123

Though I know some millennials who are into her, they don't really make up most of her fanbase nowadays anyway. However it's always fun to see how much of a mix can be at her concerts.

Publications have been trying to tear this woman down since 1986 so articles and "studies" like this are no surprise.

And sure, it's also no surprise many millennials will think this. She'll still do what she wants, and not act how others think she should. This is why I love her! Break the convention of how a 57 year old woman should act.

13 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Are we here again? You're being desperate for being 50+ and sexual? :neyde:

instagram_154.jpg

ALL hail The Queen! The one and ONLY

Gagaloth

As much as I love Madonna I think we have to give the so called Millenials a break. I mean it's the most natural thing to not be interested in people that are 40 years older when you are young. I certainly wasn't. But with time and age there come new and broader horizons and I'm sure many of them will discover Madonna as an artist sooner or later. I really don't see the problem here, it's just so obvious and normal. Like - when Bowie died - some GGD users said they don't care, don't know his music or think he is overrated or whatever, for sure are not the most mature among us. What's the big deal? Was I into my parents music when I went to school? No. Now I can appreciate most of the great contributors to pop music, whatever era they are from. 

I'd rather question the purpose of this whole study, seems pretty stupid and flame baity to me...

Ferrer Zorola
On 30 de marzo de 2016 at 7:34 AM, Snow said:

Thats quite rich on this site... Let's get this straight now once and for all. M does not get drunk NOR has ever been drunk on stage or anywhere public NOR will she ever be. Unlike someone else famous for various "habbits" 

she's done it before, lmao you can keep your denials 

LIFE IS GOOD

2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

she's done it before, lmao you can keep your denials 

Oh really? When? Do post receipts... Madonna drunk on stage??

Ferrer Zorola
17 minutes ago, Snow said:

Oh really? When? Do post receipts... Madonna drunk on stage??

Oh really? When? IDK MAYBE on her Bowie tribute she gladly posted herself on her YouTube channel :toofunny: 
look it up yourself 

LIFE IS GOOD

3 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Oh really? When? IDK MAYBE on her Bowie tribute she gladly posted herself on her YouTube channel :toofunny: 
look it up yourself 

Wtf??? She WAS not drunk -_- Its DailyFail lies yet again. She even commented on The matter. Her shows are impossible to do drunk... I repeat,she has NeVER ever appeared drunk on stage #fact Nothing to even deny, live with it.

Ferrer Zorola
14 minutes ago, Snow said:

Wtf??? She WAS not drunk -_- Its DailyFail lies yet again. She even commented on The matter. Her shows are impossible to do drunk... I repeat,she has NeVER ever appeared drunk on stage #fact Nothing to even deny, live with it.

a reply on a forum is not enough to make me change my mind
keep trying
not

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived