💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga return as a touring force?

Caesium

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, LG said:

Not really, it 'sold out' most shows because they limited tickets available when it became clear they weren't selling. Most of the artrave dates did not fill their venues. Even the Perth show 'sold out' because they limited it to 8000 tickets last second.

The fact remains that artRAVE did 80 million and it's pretty safe to say ARTPOP did nothing to sell those tickets. That 80 million was built off nothing but the Gaga name alone.

I dont know about you but to me that says great things about Gaga as a touring act.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly
11 hours ago, Nino said:

The fact remains that artRAVE did 80 million and it's pretty safe to say ARTPOP did nothing to sell those tickets. That 80 million was built off nothing but the Gaga name alone.

I dont know about you but to me that says great things about Gaga as a touring act.

She pulled numbers to be expected of a large pop act but that's not what a touring force is. People like Madonna and Beyonce who can fill stadiums with no album or poor album sales is what a touring force is. I'm not shading Gaga otherwise I wouldn't be on this site, I believe Gaga can absolutely be a touring force but im just trying to say artRAVE isn't a prime example of it.

GloZell Green

artRAVE didn't gross as high because it was mostly arenas besides one or two dates in Asia, BTWB and TMB had way more stadiums which generate more money. 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Phoenix

if her album is good and promoted well

and if the tour is organized well, with some good opening act and not a random k/jpop group that looks like grown ups dressed like 5y/o

💎

PoshLife
3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

if her album is good and promoted well

and if the tour is organized well, with some good opening act and not a random k/jpop group that looks like grown ups dressed like 5y/o

You seem like a really nice person.

artRAVE didn't flop by any means at all, if it got more dates especially in Latin America, Asia, Africa, North America & Europe it would have grossed just as much as other tours + better promo especially in places like Australia would have helped

Lona Delery

I dont think the artRAVE flopped, the tickets were simply not as expensive as for the BTWB (like the artRAVE cost around 90 dollars, the BTWB 120), so it was obvious that it'd gross less. So I do think she can return as a touring force

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

mister max

well, I'm pretty sure the numbers are lower for the artrave because she did not the same amount of shows as BTWB and TMB :huh:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Caesium
19 hours ago, ALEXANDRE said:

artRAVE didn't flop by any means at all, if it got more dates especially in Latin America, Asia, Africa, North America & Europe it would have grossed just as much as other tours + better promo especially in places like Australia would have helped

It was an underperformance compared to her previous ventures. And it would never have grossed another $100 million from dates in those regions. BTWB in Latin America underperformed so artRAVE would have been even more of a decline, I doubt she would have been able to sell out stadiums in South Africa and North America and Europe were toured extensively with the artRAVE. More shows in Asia would have pushed the tour gross over $100 million for certain, but not up to BTWB or TMB's level. Australia was just a disaster. 

11 hours ago, mister max said:

well, I'm pretty sure the numbers are lower for the artrave because she did not the same amount of shows as BTWB and TMB :huh:

Gross of BTWB shows in Europe (33 dates): $58.7 million

Gross of artRAVE shows in Europe (30 in Europe): $24.5 million

Nope. Grossing over half the amount she did with the BTWB. North America and Australia show the same downwards trend. She lost a lot of momentum with the ARTPOP era.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

I just came from my tomb to see

"...(except Latin America (BTWB flopped there despite Brazilian's constant pleas for her to come)..." How TF we can say a place where she has done 3 dates (with one of them being announced one month before the show ???) and one of them (the São Paulo one) being the 4th biggest (single*) show of the whole tour a """""""""""flop"""""""" ??? (With Stade de France, Twickenham Stadium and FNB Stadium being infront of) 

LOLOLOL (Not ranting guys, just a reminder, for real. People paint like South America as flop when it actually did an AMAZING way here)

*(Solo show not counting the many arena dates done at like Japan and Australia)

Back for the thread theme: YES! I'm so happy with all the amazing things that happened this year tbh. It shows the "talented" side that General Public seems to pretend she didn't have LMFAO.

I think that the next tour will outsell Monster Ball if LG5 gets a good hit. It will be the interest about watching the new music + watching "LADY PERFORMER" on stage. Kween come back soon <3.

Hyperballad
On March 17, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Bitter said:

no she is over.

Wwoooowwww first of all:Nope she's not and second:you are a fake monster,bitch!:excuseu::excuseu::excuseu:

Bitter
9 hours ago, PaparazziLG5 said:

Wwoooowwww first of all:Nope she's not and second:you are a fake monster,bitch!:excuseu::excuseu::excuseu:

unless you pass the 1000 total "likes" don't quote me again.

hoodrat

I don't think Gaga herself cares to do these tours anymore with hundreds of shows...aka, where she feels like she's going to die by the end. 

Phlop

Artrave did incredibly well considering the album it promoted and it was a pretty short tour.

BYE

Archived