❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
news

Gaga tweets about Sony dropping Luke

Saymyname432

Featured Posts

JbGaga
6 minutes ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

I don't think she is saying that Luke is a rapist, she is just saying that Sony should free him in order for Kesha to be free too... I don't see anything wrong in that.

I dont think he wants to be "Free" lol. He wants his job....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95
Just now, JbGaga said:

yea i thought that was a good comprimise but she thinks its going to be a hostile environment for her there from now on.

I can't really speak about it because I'm not in her shoes, but I guess she could work with producers she feels comfortable with, and with her manager (a new one possibly) and that's it, she doesn't really need to work with the Sony people, her management can do that..

1 hour ago, Metamorphosis said:

I really don't know how I feel about any of this anymore... I mean hasn't Gaga done enough already by publcly supporting Kesha? Idk... idk... idk.....

I don't think Gaga's aim is spreading awareness only. She's become friends with Kesha and will probably do everything she can until she is free from Sony. 

I just wrote what I felt was gaga's message all along, gaga was never a blind feminist. In TIHTY the message was that the onlookers should offer unconditional support to the victim, and not question her/him like what were u doing with him etc etc... They should believe the victim and help them file appropriate actions / lawsuits and help them emotionally recover. I dont think anywhere the message was lets grab pitchforks and burn the "Alleged rapist". Dr Luke may be a bad guy, but we cant loose faith in order and proceedings. I'm sure even gaga agrees with this otherwise she would have never worked with terry, r. kelly? were those two even convicted?

I wont be posting again in this thread

Sister
1 hour ago, Economy said:

A generalization not proof

if someone said "how these gays act" ud all show up with pitch forks because of stereotyping

It's been said for decades, not even only music, the entire entertainment business. Logically, there are some good people in this industry, but when there is so much chatter saying the same thing about someone or a company, there is usually truth behind it. Look to Terry Richardson, Bill Cosby and other examples.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Supersonic

Until you're a rape victim and nobody believes or listens to you really have no f*cking clue how it feels. I believe Kesha and I refuse to talk to anybody who cares more about Dr. Lukes reputation than Kesha's well-being. To me, you're a bad person and one of the millions of reasons people are afraid to publically speak about sexual abuse. You are the problem that needs to be dealt with and eradicated. You give your silent approval over rape and encourage other psychotic idiots to rape because people like you will ensure that they will get away with it.

CannaeDrive

Why do people bring the issue of Dr Puke being convicted or not as a rapist, this has nothing to do with Gaga's tweet. The issue here is Keisha's working&business relationship with that guy. So much confusion here.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

If only she was so adventurous and passionate about pushing boundaries in music. She is not entitled to make such judgements since it's still an open topic. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
3 hours ago, Assarrai said:

Sweetie she's one of the original girls that started tweeting about the issue just couple hours after the judge ruled + she met Kesha. If anything she's driving this wagon. 

:tea:

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

Patch The Line

Maybe Gaga's doing this because she doesn't want KP to have more #1 hits

Killa

I can't believe some things i read here...well the usual i guess. I don't understand, you want her to be on front, political but safe. Maybe they're or they became friends, maybe she knows things for a fact.

For a group of people stanning for this person, there's too much disbelief in her. Seems like she has more balls than most men here. Or anywhere else, for that matter

drbumblenut

This is a difficult tightrope to walk, since the justice system depends on a presumption of innocence, even for alleged rapists. However, rape culture has a liar-until-proven-truthful attitude toward rape victims. Rape culture insinuates that the victim could have encouraged the rape in any way, and believes in a threshold of dress or behavior beyond which you're un-allowed to say "no." That culture absolves the rapist of control. It spins the victim as the aggressor, as if the victim is raping someone's presumption of innocence by exploiting their uncontrollable sexual desire. It sounds ridiculous spelled out, but that spin is internalized by rape culture. It tells rape victims that in order to receive support, they need to overcome the burden of proof first.

Like I said, it's a tightrope. But Gaga's stance is that we live in a rape culture. I don't really disagree. 

Economy
2 hours ago, amenvodka said:

Until you're a rape victim and nobody believes or listens to you really have no f*cking clue how it feels. I believe Kesha and I refuse to talk to anybody who cares more about Dr. Lukes reputation than Kesha's well-being. To me, you're a bad person and one of the millions of reasons people are afraid to publically speak about sexual abuse. You are the problem that needs to be dealt with and eradicated. You give your silent approval over rape and encourage other psychotic idiots to rape because people like you will ensure that they will get away with it.

I dont think so

most of us never said we dont believe kesha. Were merely talking about requiring proof before smack talking someone or taking legal action. THATS ALL!!!!!

Miel
18 minutes ago, drbumblenut said:

This is a difficult tightrope to walk, since the justice system depends on a presumption of innocence, even for alleged rapists. However, rape culture has a liar-until-proven-truthful attitude toward rape victims. Rape culture insinuates that the victim could have encouraged the rape in any way, and believes in a threshold of dress or behavior beyond which you're un-allowed to say "no." That culture absolves the rapist of control. It spins the victim as the aggressor, as if the victim is raping someone's presumption of innocence by exploiting their uncontrollable sexual desire. It sounds ridiculous spelled out, but that spin is internalized by rape culture. It tells rape victims that in order to receive support, they need to overcome the burden of proof first.

Like I said, it's a tightrope. But Gaga's stance is that we live in a rape culture. I don't really disagree. 

Good points. Also, I loved Catherine.

Also, this thread...

3 points in and ready for more

Archived