Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

waterfall
13 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

this is straight up LOVELYZ i will stan if they keep giving us songs like this :giveup:

wow i luv this 😍😍😍

PoshLife

Subin of Dalshabet put out a new song. The video makes me worry for her slightly lol

Also let's take a moment to appreciate this song again:

YCHofficial
15 minutes ago, Werk said:

Not this:

It was very obvious for 2 months they were gonna leave :laughga:

waterfall

I thought the new jeans debut was alright. Cookie is okay but it’s a very mid trap song. They could’ve used different beats and effects to spice it up. I lowkey like the le sserafim mini more than new jeans. Attention is def a grower and the choreo really good. Lowkey obsessed with that one these days. Hurt is a snoozefest. It sounds like Stayc reject. Sour grapes could never, a bop to this day. 😩 But hype boy is better than every song on fearless mini and one of the best songs of this year. Fearless mini has more songs i like tho.

Edited by waterfall

waterfall
3 hours ago, PoshLife said:

Okay I got chills at the end

who are these people? i always see people on this site ik talking about their new upcoming comeback lately.

Edited by waterfall

PoshLife
3 hours ago, waterfall said:

who are these people? i always see people on this site ik talking about their new upcoming comeback lately.

Girls' Generation (also called SNSD) was a really popular KPop group during the "second generation" of KPop groups. They were active between like 2007-2017 (around the same time as groups like 2NE1, the Wonder Girls, and Big Bang) and have been on hiatus for like five years now, so this is their long-awaited return.

In addition to being really big in Korea, they were one of the first KPop acts to see any kind of success in America (along with the Wonder Girls and, of course, PSY). For example, they performed one of their singles, "The Boys," on late night TV in 2012, and their song "I Got a Boy" won Video of the Year at the 2013 YouTube Awards, which I think was one of the first times a Korean group won an international award like that (I think Justin Bieber and PSY were also nominated for that award).

It's easy to take for granted that groups like BTS or BLACKPINK will chart on Billboard regularly, but back when SNSD was promoting it was pretty much unheard of for KPop (or Asian acts in general) to do well in the West. So in a lot of ways they helped pave the way for future generations of KPop groups to be successful around the world.

• Shook 1

YCHofficial
10 hours ago, waterfall said:

Popular senior girlgroup debuted in 2007 and simply a legendary group :laughga:

waterfall
7 hours ago, YCHofficial said:

Popular senior girlgroup debuted in 2007 and simply a legendary group :laughga:

damn 2007?! thats kinda insane and the other post too where they were talking about how they were a group for 10 years too longevity.

the way all the new idols debuting now 2007 liners. i feel old. :messga: