💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

I want to get into LOONA :emma: I’ve only listened to Favourite and I like Hi High :emma: what would you recommend me?

The night sky tells all

2 hours ago, SimonSays said:

I want to get into LOONA :emma: I’ve only listened to Favourite and I like Hi High :emma: what would you recommend me?

How much time do you have? 😅
If you have the time I'd recommend just going through the playlist of MVs on YouTube, but warning there are 31 videos!

If you're not up for that, then here is a breakdown of the releases so far. I've linked MVs with either members names for solos or track titles for unit releases.

LOOΠΔ 1/3 - is the more 'innocent' concept sub-unit and its members HeeJin, HyunJin, HaSeul and ViVi's songs are on the slower side... some pop/bubblegum pop with a few ballads thrown in. As a subunit they have released "Love&Live" (from the mini album of the same name) and "Sonatine" (from the re-package album "Love&Evil").

YeoJin - is the fourth member and at time of her debut she was only 14 so was too young to join LOOΠΔ 1/3 and promote on music shows. She currently doesn't have a sub-unit and her solo single "Kiss Later" is in a similar style to LOOΠΔ 1/3 songs.

ODD EYE CIRCLE - is the 'girl crush' unit. Kim Lip's solo is R&B, JinSoul's solo is future bass and Choerry's is all over the place 😅 As a unit they've released title tracks "Girl Front" (from the mini album Mix&Match) and "Sweet Crazy Love" (form the re-package "Max&Match"). These songs are more dance pop, but the album has a few dream pop songs too!

yyxy - I'm not really sure how to describe them 😓 maybe someone else can help? I guess maybe a sort of blend of 1/3 and OEC? Members are Yves, Chuu, Go Won and Olivia Hye. So far as a unit they've only released one title track - "love4eva" which features Grimes (from the mini album "beauty&thebeat") - they haven't had a re-package at this point.

As a full group, LOOΠΔ have released singles "favOriTe" and "Hi High" (from the mini album "[+ +]") so far and "Butterfly" is out on Tuesday along with the re-package album "[X X]"!

-

I think ODD EYE CIRCLE is a gateway for a lot of people? So if you're not up for watching loads of videos maybe start with their five MVs - three solos and two unit releases? If you like them I'd maybe move onto yyxy and then back to 1/3 at the end.

Personal favourite solos of mine are Kim Lip, JinSoul, Yves and Olivia Hye.
My favourite unit song is ODD EYE CIRCLE's "Sweet Crazy Love".

LOOΠΔ's B-sides are also great! If you want to delve deeper I'd recommend these!

LOOΠΔ 1/3 - "My Melody" (from YeoJin's single), "You and Me Together" (from Love&Live)
ODD EYE CIRCLE - "Love Letter" (from JinSoul's single), "LOONATIC" (from Mix&Match)
yyxy - "Girl's Talk" (from Chuu's single), "See Saw" (from Go Won's single), "frozen" (from beauty&thebeat)
OT12 - "Stylish" and "Heat" (both from [+ +])

-

There is also an overarching 'lore' to LOOΠΔ - the LOOΠΔVERSE...
It is very complicated and as someone who has followed LOOΠΔ from day 1 I honestly have no freaking clue what's going on... 😅 There are hundreds of theory videos on YouTube that go into every little detail to try and piece everything together.

Wow... I wrote a lot. Hope it helps!
It is pretty overwhelming having everything available at once, but if you have any questions just lemme know! :emma:

Edited by Taylor
  • Shook 2

imwoahvicky
6 hours ago, SimonSays said:

Taylor covered the bases but mess if anything don't let Favorite be judgement on LOONA for you, it's probably one of their weakest releases (and it sounds like a JLo reject :ohno:)

"Girl Front" by subunit Odd Eye Circle bangs, "Uncover" and "Loonatic" are cute 

"You and Me Together" by LOONA 1/3 is a repeatable highlight

Choerry's solo "Love Cherry Motion" slaps 

Hyunjin's "I'll Be There" 

Edited by imwoahvicky
⚜ Roll Deep ⚜
  • Thanks 1

PoshLife

Between Favorite, Neon Punch, and Dreamcatcher, nugu girl groups BROUGHT it the last couple weeks.

So, naturally, put them all on death watch cuz I'm cursed

PopReaper

nnnnnn yeah, releasing all those teasers was.... not a good strategy :toofunny: I really like the song and all the b-sides from the album tho. Curiosity is just amazing :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

13 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

nnnnnn yeah, releasing all those teasers was.... not a good strategy :toofunny: I really like the song and all the b-sides from the album tho. Curiosity is just amazing :giveup:

Yeah, if they hadn't released the teasers I'm sure I would have loved the MV a lot more.

It was kinda boring as I felt I'd already watched it - the only 'unseen' part was the set where they danced as a group, and even then a lot of the Polaroids given out as prizes at the concert were taken on the set so it wasn't a complete surprise either 😓

Songs are great though! I think "Where You At" is my favourite!

PopReaper
18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, if they hadn't released the teasers I'm sure I would have loved the MV a lot more.

It was kinda boring as I felt I'd already watched it - the only 'unseen' part was the set where they danced as a group, and even then a lot of the Polaroids given out as prizes at the concert were taken on the set so it wasn't a complete surprise either 😓

Songs are great though! I think "Where You At" is my favourite!

yeah and they also posted 2 LOONA Kicks on that set also :flop: Kinda wish the dance scenes also had been done outdoors to make the video more cohesive, but I'm starting to warm up to it at this point. And they're also charting on Melon now, that's also great! At #63, which is more than I expected even if they drop out of the Top 100 on the next update :emma: I was kind of expecting a #96 - OUT experience :flop:

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"