Jennie's song sounds really great! Looking forward to hearing it in HQ

Spoiler

The final chorus in the MV with the room full of dancers :giveup:

• Like 1

PopReaper
2 hours ago, PoshLife said:

the "pop" in "kpop" stands for poppy

for real though this is that song for me rn

omg yas I’m in love with her new album tbh :giveup: My faves are Chic Chick, Alejandro’s younger sis Aristocrat, and the entire “Metal” arc at the end of the album (including Play Destroy):legend:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
6 hours ago, PopReaper said:

omg yas I’m in love with her new album tbh :giveup: My faves are Chic Chick, Alejandro’s younger sis Aristocrat, and the entire “Metal” arc at the end of the album (including Play Destroy):legend:

I actually still need to listen to most if it. I love Play Destroy but I don't like X that much, the "get me bloody" part is kinda annoying haha. I haven't decided how I feel about Aristocrat, it really does sound like Alejandro/Don't Turn Around and I blame Garibay for that

https://youtu.be/b73BI9eUkjM

^Jennie MV (why can’t I embed?? 😅)

-

I heard it on Saturday but I’m guessing it’s a Teddy song? Reminds me of Gashina

RAMROD

Sounds good!

Look forward for other 3 solo! Hope also as good and serving as much visuals.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

Martijn

I really like Jennie's solo debut, but based on the live performance I knew I would. If I had to give some criticism, it would be that her rap verse is kinda weak and the transition from the 2nd chorus to the bridge isn't very smooth... Other than that, great bop with stunning visuals!

• Like 1

imwoahvicky
5 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

giphy.gif

(this is gonna be an instant-reply cause I left the tab open so don't think I'm a no-life 😳😳)

but tbh Jennie's song was empty and felt like an expensive CF music video, a budget Gashina on top of that

it feels like YG is promoting BlackPink more as modeling agents and that Jennie is simply a brand to market off of :shrug: 

she's not fit to be solo at all, any other nugu group/solo would've been a laughing stock with this track, the crying was also very cringey and that awkward dancing scene :smh: 

EDIT: also, what were those verses and that rap? nnn 

Edited by imwoahvicky
⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

PopReaper
14 minutes ago, imwoahvicky said:

(this is gonna be an instant-reply cause I left the tab open so don't think I'm a no-life 😳😳)

but tbh Jennie's song was empty and felt like an expensive CF music video, a budget Gashina on top of that

it feels like YG is promoting BlackPink more as modeling agents and that Jennie is simply a brand to market off of :shrug: 

she's not fit to be solo at all, any other nugu group/solo would've been a laughing stock with this track, the crying was also very cringey and that awkward dancing scene :smh: 

EDIT: also, what were those verses and that rap? nnn 

nnnn yeah SOLO fell kinda flat for me too, it really feels like Gashina but watered down by a Julia Michaels demo or smth :emma: And Teddy can't write a chorus to save his own life

Yeah this solo strategy didn't do much for 2NE1 and it probably won't do much for BLACKPINK either, God knows he's not gonna give any of them proper solo comebacks anytime soon even if they succeed (like Jennie's doing right now). It feels more like an excuse to delay the eventual group comeback, because a single release like this takes much less effort than a real comeback would (specially because at this point he'd need to give BP a full album, or a mini at least). At this point, I wouldn't expect to hear about group releases 'til mid-summer tbh, maybe longer, depends on how long he's willing to drag this whole "solo projects" thing out. 

So yeah, YG's probably gonna keep milking BP through these quick lil singles and CF deals so he can continue to fund his little vanity projects and grow the company's brand without having to do much hard work at all, and at the expense of his trainees/idols' careers...

And THAT is the end of my rant

tumblr_inline_nj94xeeU6D1qgpvvm.gif

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"
  • Like 1