Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

PopReaper
9 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

Oh.

One of the rappers is a woman which is kinda cool. and apparently the three rap sections are in chinese, vietnamese, and korean, and she sings in japanese. truly an international queen

it kinda sounds like a trailer for a song though, and not an actual song :emma: the beginning sounds so stacked

I really liked the preview (a bop is a bop) but it sounds like she's the featured artist on this one :emma: idk how long the full thing is but they could've easily made it into a 7 or 8-minute extended version extravaganza tbh

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

PoshLife
Just now, PopReaper said:

I really liked the preview (a bop is a bop) but it sounds like she's the featured artist on this one :emma: idk how long the full thing is but they could've easily made it into a 7 or 8-minute extended version extravaganza tbh

yeah the remix is even shorter than the original. there's a 1:30 sample on iTunes that starts a little after this one does so you can hear what comes after she sings the chorus - it's what she sings in the original right before Jevon's rap. so I'm assuming the korean rapper takes Jevon's spot, then back to the chorus and it's over.

the music right after the chorus is actually amazing. it's like this really cool rise and then it completely drops out and she starts singing.

the full song is on spotify but it's region-locked, I hate my life

PopReaper
2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

yeah the remix is even shorter than the original. there's a 1:30 sample on iTunes that starts a little after this one does so you can hear what comes after she sings the chorus - it's what she sings in the original right before Jevon's rap. so I'm assuming the korean rapper takes Jevon's spot, then back to the chorus and it's over.

the music right after the chorus is actually amazing. it's like this really cool rise and then it completely drops out and she starts singing.

the full song is on spotify but it's region-locked, I hate my life

What are the chances of her releasing a music video for this in which she serves all kinds of looks? :sis: We need justice after she did Michi dirty w/ that 30sec mineral water commercial :rip:

3 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

could you imagine if they all perform it with her at one of her Laughter in the Dark shows :giveup:

She should pull a Taylor Swift and invite special guests, I kinda need that Utada x Sheena live performance of Nijikan Dake No Vacance :sis:

PoshLife
Just now, PopReaper said:

What are the chances of her releasing a music video for this in which she serves all kinds of looks? :sis: We need justice after she did Michi dirty w/ that 30sec mineral water commercial :rip:

She should pull a Taylor Swift and invite special guests, I kinda need that Utada x Sheena live performance of Nijikan Dake No Vacance :sis:

but if you put all her different water commercials together it spans eras and almost makes a full video. Truly a "GUY - An ARTPOP Film" tea

The fact that they have this remix at all makes me think they might do some kind of video. like I'm not sure why they made this, I assume to promote her tour but it's not like she needs the help, the tickets are probably sold out already lol.

between this and collabing with skrillex for KH3 maybe she's just trying to become Miss Worldwide

PoshLife

I ain’t got no time play the game you play
Gotta be jushy if you wanna say
Pop the champagne, comin’ up on my way
Got a new man, fix it up, okay
Eh, it’s not a check, it’s not that I love your neglect
Nothing but fake, just so you know from the last time I checked

tumblr_inline_o4knaegFNY1qc4uvh_500.gif

Literally I'm not sure about any of those lyrics except the last line :emma: 

PoshLife

okay the Too Proud remix is finally available on Spotify and iTunes US. We already knew the first half. The second half has the upbeat part of her original first verse (the good part yaaaas), then the Korean guy's rap which isn't great tbh, then back to the chorus and the original outro.

Even though it's shorter than the original it's a better use of the time. The original had a lot of, like, empty space :emma: I'd say Suboi's rap and the chorus is probably the best minute of the song.

PopReaper
2 hours ago, PoshLife said:

okay the Too Proud remix is finally available on Spotify and iTunes US. We already knew the first half. The second half has the upbeat part of her original first verse (the good part yaaaas), then the Korean guy's rap which isn't great tbh, then back to the chorus and the original outro.

Even though it's shorter than the original it's a better use of the time. The original had a lot of, like, empty space :emma: I'd say Suboi's rap and the chorus is probably the best minute of the song.

Just listened to the full thing and you're right about it being a better use of time :music: :giveup: On the original one by the middle of the (already short) song it was like [atmospheric electronic instrumental] [occasional moaning/adlib] [occasional sassy english monologue] :emma:

The Korean rap.... was not it :emma: They should've kept Jevon's

PoshLife
22 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Just listened to the full thing and you're right about it being a better use of time :music: :giveup: On the original one by the middle of the (already short) song it was like [atmospheric electronic instrumental] [occasional moaning/adlib] [occasional sassy english monologue] :emma:

The Korean rap.... was not it :emma: They should've kept Jevon's

lol I agree with all of this :sharon: the korean rap is def the worst part. I really enjoy Jevon's rap, especially "she ain't really affectionate she just wants some time aLONE, why you deleting all your messages what you hidin' on your PHONE"

also I just realized Too Proud (L1 Remix) is literally her Jewels n Drugs. Three rando rappers and her singing the chorus and a verse. :emma: 

---

I guess last night was the first night of Utada's tour. Some photos:

Edited by PoshLife

PopReaper
2 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

also I just realized Too Proud (L1 Remix) is literally her Jewels n Drugs. Three rando rappers and her singing the chorus and a verse. :emma: 

:lmao:

inb4 an ARTPOP iTunes Festival moment at her tour when that remix plays: "from across the pond, EK! They wouldn't let him into the country poor thing" :lolga:

• YAAAS 1

Martijn

omg BoA, EXO, Key, NCT (repackage?), Hyo, EXO (repackage or winter album), RV, Taeyeon and NCT China possibly all before the end of the year? YG can't relate

10 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

A 'Funk The Punk' tea

@Taylor

She deserves a physical album 😭

SM please give it to her - even if it's just Wanna Be, the 50 versions of Sober and the new song 🙏

9 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

wait is she coming back what's going on

Yes! 13th November :)