other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Taylor
10 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Nikkei Entertainment's list of the Top 15 Japanese Girl Groups is out:

01. Perfume: 29.2 (2015: #1 with 27.8)
02. Momoiro Clover Z: 17.6 (2015: #2 with 21.4)
03. AKB48: 16.7 (2015: #3 with 20.4)
04. E-girls: 16.6 (2015: #4 with 18.4)
05. Nogizaka46: 13.6 (2015: #5 with 11.4)
06. NMB48: 10.0 (2015: #6 with 10.8)
07. HKT48: 9.0 (2015: #7 with 10.5)
08. Flower: 8.4 (2015: #9 with 7.7)
09. SKE48: 8.4 (2015: #8 with 8.2)
10. µ’s: 6.5 (2015: -)
11. BABYMETAL: 5.8 (2015: #14 with 4.1)
12. Morning Musume. ’16: 5.6 (2015: #10 with 6.8)
13. Dempagumi.inc: 4.5 (2015: #16 with 3.7)
14. °C-ute: 4.3 (2015: #12 with 5.5)
15. Fairies: 4.2 (2015: #11 with 5.5)

The list is decided based on "familiarity" and "interest level".

SOURCE: Arama Japan

---

Talent wins for the fourth time in a row :gaycat:

Wow! And they have almost double the points of the 2nd group!

RAMROD

:(:(:(

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

PoshLife
38 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

Nikkei Entertainment's list of the Top 15 Japanese Girl Groups is out:

01. Perfume: 29.2 (2015: #1 with 27.8)
02. Momoiro Clover Z: 17.6 (2015: #2 with 21.4)
03. AKB48: 16.7 (2015: #3 with 20.4)
04. E-girls: 16.6 (2015: #4 with 18.4)
05. Nogizaka46: 13.6 (2015: #5 with 11.4)
06. NMB48: 10.0 (2015: #6 with 10.8)
07. HKT48: 9.0 (2015: #7 with 10.5)
08. Flower: 8.4 (2015: #9 with 7.7)
09. SKE48: 8.4 (2015: #8 with 8.2)
10. µ’s: 6.5 (2015: -)
11. BABYMETAL: 5.8 (2015: #14 with 4.1)
12. Morning Musume. ’16: 5.6 (2015: #10 with 6.8)
13. Dempagumi.inc: 4.5 (2015: #16 with 3.7)
14. °C-ute: 4.3 (2015: #12 with 5.5)
15. Fairies: 4.2 (2015: #11 with 5.5)

The list is decided based on "familiarity" and "interest level".

SOURCE: Arama Japan

---

Talent wins for the fourth time in a row :gaycat:

No surprise the Crooked Elbow Queens remain on top

perfume_zpscvviz60z.gif

Luiz

babymetal so close to top 10 :giveup: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Today's deliveries... TWICE's "Page Two" and Lee Hi's "Seoulite"

RqV7kgq.jpg

What big boxes TWICE CDs are :udidnt:

Taylor
12 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

What big boxes TWICE CDs are :udidnt:

Yeah, I think they're about the same size as their debut mini album, but a bit thicker (since it's box, the first was just a book-type album) and Seoulite is about the size of a jewel case, but maybe 3 times as thick. About the same size as 2NE1's "Crush" but cardboard, not plastic.

To be honest I don't really like the sleeve on the TWICE CDs :emma: both of them are pink, where as the CDs inside one is pink and the other is mint so it would have been better to have one pink sleeve and one mint sleeve I guess... Oh well :flop: 

RAMROD
Just now, Taylor said:

Yeah, I think they're about the same size as their debut mini album, but a bit thicker (since it's box, the first was just a book-type album) and Seoulite is about the size of a jewel case, but maybe 3 times as thick. About the same size as 2NE1's "Crush" but cardboard, not plastic.

To be honest I don't really like the sleeve on the TWICE CDs :emma: both of them are pink, where as the CDs inside one is pink and the other is mint so it would have been better to have one pink sleeve and one mint sleeve I guess... Oh well :flop: 

Weird they didn't do it that way tbh, it is better move that way, when you make two editions of releases, the way 2NE1's Crush are.

Martijn

Since my covers usually don't get accepted on Coverlandia, I decided to drop this here if that's okay...

Spoiler

cJRALpB.png

I got into K-pop recently (not really, I've loved 2NE1 for years) and 4MINUTE has provided me with all the life I need lately.
I ordered 3 SNSD albums last week (Mr.Mr., Lion Heart and Taeyeon's I) and I'm planning on buying 4M's Crazy and Hate once I have more money ;P

Edited by MartijnMonster
  • Like 1

Taylor
12 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Since my covers usually don't get accepted on Coverlandia, I decided to drop this here if that's okay...

Hide contents

cJRALpB.png

I got into K-pop recently (not really, I've loved 2NE1 for years) and 4MINUTE has provided me with all the life I need lately.
I ordered 3 SNSD albums last week (Mr.Mr., Lion Heart and Taeyeon's I) and I'm planning on buying 4M's Crazy and Hate once I have more money ;P

Ooh! Really nice cover! I love it!

Great choices! Have you seen any pictures of Hate? It's huge and has tons of stuff!

Martijn
3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ooh! Really nice cover! I love it!

Great choices! Have you seen any pictures of Hate? It's huge and has tons of stuff!

Thank you!
And yes, I have. I've been watching loads of Kpop unboxing videos lately, because even their album packaging slays apparently ;)
Where do you usually buy your stuff? For my purchase I tried Ktown4u... In order to keep the shipping costs low I have to wait at least 2 months for my albums to arrive, which is probably the only con I've experienced with that site so far. What is your solution? Do you choose a more expensive shipping option, do you use a different seller or do you wait for so long too? Thanks in advance!

Taylor
20 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Thank you!
And yes, I have. I've been watching loads of Kpop unboxing videos lately, because even their album packaging slays apparently ;)
Where do you usually buy your stuff? For my purchase I tried Ktown4u... In order to keep the shipping costs low I have to wait at least 2 months for my albums to arrive, which is probably the only con I've experienced with that site so far. What is your solution? Do you choose a more expensive shipping option, do you use a different seller or do you wait for so long too? Thanks in advance!

Oooh... My specialty! (Nobody else on the thread really buys physical CDs :emma:)

My favourite store at the moment is Catchop CD, I find that they have the best prices on both the items and on shipping. They have a good range of both new releases and older stock, however they don't do pre-orders. You have to wait until the item is released before you can buy it. I just go with standard shipping and to the UK I haven't waited any longer than two weeks for delivery, but usually it's within 10 days. Always really well bubble wrapped and they offer discounts after you spend so much (from 1% off to 5% off all items, forever!). Their customer service is really good too, they've sent specific versions of items that I've asked for and reply quickly to any questions. The only issue I've had with them is that once they didn't have one of the items I ordered in stock, but they refunded it quickly.

KTOWN4U is also really good, haven't had any issues either. Their prices are usually around the same as Catchop CDs. I think I usually go for the cheapest shipping with tracking and again it takes about 10 days. They also have a "mileage" coupon system, but it's not very good... :emma: You hardly get any discount... I think I've spent maybe $500 (:deadbanana:) there and I got $0.30 in rewards points :toofunny:

The eBay seller Grape Music is also good, but eBay is a little more troublesome if you want to buy multiple things, even from the same seller (as shipping can add up quickly). I'd only recommend eBay for single item purchases or maybe pre-ordering limited edition items.

If you're interested in any Japanese releases then I'd recommend Amazon Japan, works like regular Amazon (they even have an English option). Japanese items are generally a lot more expensive than Korean, especially for what you get (for example, Girls' Generation's Japanese albums are in jewel cases unless you buy the limited edition items). Shipping on Amazon Japan is a bit more expensive (there is only one option) but it's usually delivered in 2 days.

Wow... That was like an essay! Sorry!

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Edited by Taylor

Martijn
4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Oooh... My specialty! (Nobody else on the thread really buys physical CDs :emma:)

My favourite store at the moment is Catchop CD, I find that they have the best prices on both the items and on shipping. They have a good range of both new releases and older stock, however they don't do pre-orders. You have to wait until the item is released before you can buy it. To the UK I haven't waited any longer than two weeks for delivery, but usually it's within 10 days. Always really well bubble wrapped and they offer discounts after you spend so much (from 1% off to 5% off all items, forever!). Their customer service is really good too, they've sent specific versions of items that I've ask and reply quickly to any questions. The only issue I've had with them is that once they didn't have one of the items I ordered in stock, but they refunded it quickly.

KTOWN4U is also really good, haven't had any issues either. Their prices are usually around the same as Catchop CDs. I think I usually go for the cheapest shipping with tracking and again it takes about 10 days. They also have a "mileage" coupon system, but it's not very good... :emma: You hardly get any discount... I think I've spent maybe $500 (:deadbanana:) there and I got $0.30 in rewards points :toofunny:

The eBay seller Grape Music is also good, but eBay is a little more troublesome if you want to buy multiple things, even from the same seller (as shipping can add up quickly). I'd only recommend eBay for single item purchases or maybe pre-ordering limited edition items.

If you're interested in any Japanese releases then I'd recommend Amazon Japan, works like regular Amazon (they even have an English option). Japanese items are generally a lot more expensive than Korean, especially for what you get (for example, Girls' Generation's Japanese albums are in jewel cases unless you buy the limited edition items). Shipping on Amazon Japan is a bit more expensive (there is only one option) but it's usually delivered in 2 days.

Wow... That was like an essay! Sorry!

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Thank you so much! This helped a lot for sure! I might try out Catchop on my next order!
I'm surprised shipping from KTOWN4U only took 10 days for you with the cheapest shipping with tracking (the same option I chose), because it says '20~40 businessdays' aka 1~2 months... Maybe then I don't have to wait that long after all..
Anyway, thank you so much for your help! I'll definitely keep those sites in mind!

Taylor
2 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Thank you so much! This helped a lot for sure! I might try out Catchop on my next order!
I'm surprised shipping from KTOWN4U only took 10 days for you with the cheapest shipping with tracking (the same option I chose), because it says '20~40 businessdays' aka 1~2 months... Maybe then I don't have to wait that long after all..
Anyway, thank you so much for your help! I'll definitely keep those sites in mind!

I double checked and smaller orders (2-3 CDs) were shipped with "Registered Small Packet (Air)" and for larger orders (about 6 albums and over) the default changes to "Parcel POST(Air)" (as then the order is too big/heavy for small packet). So yeah, if it was either of those two I don't think it will take two month - hopefully anyways!

Sometimes they don't send out shipping emails, but if you periodically check your order status online then it should state there if your order has shipped and what your tracking number is :) 

• Like 1

PoshLife
57 minutes ago, MartijnMonster said:

Hide contents

cJRALpB.png

wait this is really good, why wouldn't coverlandia accept this