💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why isn't Beyonce promoting and selling Formation?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

It didn't chart on the Hot 100, despite being SO talked about, all because she only released it on Tidal... The video still remains unlisted, and you can see that it's daily views has dropped so hard... This song is basically forgotten already... Is she doing this all on purpose? Why did she pull that huge Super Bowl stunt, only for her not to sell this song as her next big hit? Why isn't anyone asking that question?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

I think she was very smart and it's smart for the label as well. They don't have to waste more money in promotion and it served it's purpose. Being, Bey saying to the world she's back, she's black (oh really?:sick:), she slays.

It's not like it would sell much. So it's a better investment, just shows that Beyonce plays by different rules

I think she did it to promote her tour. I don't think it won't even be the lead single from her upcoming album!

Levine

I think it was clear from day 1 this was just a buzz/promo single. 

"Why did she pull that huge Super Bowl stunt, only for her not to sell this song as her next big hit? "

Don't forget Beyoncé did a WHOLE SB show without new music. 

Levine
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Beyonce isn't about singles.

Right? It's not like she attaching herself to the hottest rapper of the moment to get a hit. I think it was clear now. 

malazam

Which views? The video is still hiden

another shot before we kiss the other side

Bc she thinks she doesn't need promo and because ego but everything is bound to go downhill sooner or later 

MAKE IT WORK

Haroon

I think it was just a tour promo single :laughga: The Beyocalypse is yet to hit us :ph34r: 

Iwontell

She released the song to make a statement - which is already made - and to promote her tour - which's having amazing sales already...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Benji

Does she need to though? I mean her and Jay are both insanely rich, they've got a family to focus on so does Bey feel the need to compete the same way other pop artists do? Besides, Beyoncé has always used statements and/or gimmicks to sell her music and get it talked about.

Formation, which I personally think is a good song, would struggle to be an actual chart topping hit for many reasons so why promote it like it will be?

Watch the next Bey song be a crazy radio hit or she'll go down the same route as Rihanna and make something more experimental... Either way, I don't think Bey would care if people liked and bought it or not.

Supersonic

Beyoncé is one of the richest people in the entire world. She's basically just putting out music for her own amusement at this moment.

OmgSum1Actually

"Beyonce isn't single artist" that's doesn't mean that you have to make your music inaccessible to people

Shameless selfpromo

Archived