💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

Just now, VampireHeart said:

Grammy's would never choose someone like Katy Perry to do a tribute for Gaga.

Gaga was chosen based on her talents, she is the female modern day Bowie and Nile Rodgers, a man close to Bowie, who worked on many of his hits, was with her on stage and praised her performance.

It was an example.

People accuse KP of copying Gaga all the time, Gaga basically lifted parts of Bowie's career and implemented it into her own. Not the best example, but that's my point.

Some people didn't like it, so the choices are seethe over it or accept :emma:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

1 and 2 go hand to hand.

OOOOOH Madonna team is full of liars but Gaga is telling the truth. Ok, whatever you say.

1452723862429_madonna-bowie.jpg?width=92

lol as if that pic is related to what we were just talking and yes, Madonna's team might as well be full of liars. It was also convenient to make Gaga look like a fool and then accuse her of ripping of your song for promo. 

FreePalestine

Just now, Benji said:

It was an example.

People accuse KP of copying Gaga all the time, Gaga basically lifted parts of Bowie's career and implemented it into her own. Not the best example, but that's my point.

Some people didn't like it, so the choices are seethe over it or accept :emma:

Ok but Gaga is actually talented when it comes to songwriting, singing+dancing, and recognized by legends...they would have to find someone similar to her in a way.

I really don't care if some didn't like it. But no one should mock her efforts and dedication. 

FreePalestine

Alcina Dimitrescu
2 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

lol as if that pic is related to what we were just talking and yes, Madonna's team might as well be full of liars. It was also convenient to make Gaga look like a fool and then accuse her of ripping of your song for promo. 

Generally i'd use a gif of people laughing but this looked more fitting. Actually Madonna didnt "diss" BTW until far far after the song was a single, i know because unlike you, i was here (in ggd) when it happened. When you have any proof that Madonna team is lying and not Gaga (who could have simply screenshotted the email) we'll continue this talk. See you

tumblr_mztqnpCzia1qljse3o2_500.gif

12 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

Ok but Gaga is actually talented when it comes to songwriting, singing+dancing, and recognized by legends...they would have to find someone similar to her in a way.

I really don't care if some didn't like it. But no one should mock her efforts and dedication. 

Who is mocking her though? They didn't comment on it because they don't care for it, and his grieving son drew references from the meaning of Gaga to describe the fact he thinks she taken it too far?

I don't know why anyone is even bothering discussing an opinion (or in this case, a lack of) in so much depth.

Just now, SecretWeapon said:

Generally i'd use a gif of people laughing but this looked more fitting. Actually Madonna didnt "diss" BTW until far far after the song was a single, i know because unlike you, i was here (in ggd) when it happened. When you have any proof that Madonna team is lying and not Gaga (who could have simply screenshotted the email) we'll continue this talk. See you

Unlike me? I was on GGD when it happened.

You don't have proof that Gaga lied either, you just choose to believe Madonna's team of liars, because your whole purpose on this forum is to talk **** about Gaga.

FreePalestine

Whispering
2 hours ago, Benji said:

I don't know why people are getting worked up over this. It was always spoken about that Bowie didn't like Gaga, but he literally hailed Lorde as the future of music... it's kind of obvious who his team and family would be happier about doing a tribute.

Plus, if Gaga died tomorrow and we had Katy Perry do a rushed megamix of random hits whilst "dressed" as Gaga... or we had say Adele stand and sing one song, what would you prefer? Try and think of it on the flipside, it ain't that hard.

I wish they liked her, but they don't. Move on and either continue to enjoy the performance or get upset some people don't like it as much as you.

Katy's vocal abilities are minimal, which is the direct opposite of Gaga's vocal ability. 

In this weird scenario you put forth, Katy would be the Lorde in this situation and Adele would be the Gaga. 

Gaga sang and performed Bowie's songs in a way that honored his memory. In choosing Gaga, the Grammy's selected an artist who has spent years referring to the fact that Bowie is a major influence and who has shown that influence through her music, artistry and creative vision. They also choose an artist who could sing his songs and perform them at a high artistic level. 

Katy Perry, or any artist like her, couldn't come close to the vocal and performance level of Gaga! Any respectable organization would never even approach Katy to do such a thing! 

1 minute ago, Whispering said:

Katy's vocal abilities are minimal, which is the direct opposite of Gaga's vocal ability. 

In this weird scenario you put forth, Katy would be the Lorde in this situation and Adele would be the Gaga. 

Gaga sang and performed Bowie's songs in a way that honored his memory. In choosing Gaga, the Grammy's selected an artist who has spent years referring to the fact that Bowie is a major influence and who has shown that influence through her music, artistry and creative vision. They also choose an artist who could sing his songs and perform them at a high artistic level. 

Katy Perry, or any artist like her, couldn't come close to the vocal and performance level of Gaga! Any respectable organization would never even approach Katy to do such a thing! 

I already explained one of the reasons I chose Katy as a small example, but good for you, I guess.

Whispering
Just now, Benji said:

I already explained one of the reasons I chose Katy as a small example, but good for you, I guess.

Select an artist with great vocal ability, performance ability and who has spent years praising Gaga...to make a valid comparison. 

1 hour ago, Whispering said:

Select an artist with great vocal ability, performance ability and who has spent years praising Gaga...to make a valid comparison. 

Lmao you done trying now?

tumblr_n2yomxJEzq1qlvwnco1_500.gif

Whispering
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

Lmao you done trying now?

Nope. Make a valid comparison to make a valid point. 

3 hours ago, Whispering said:

Nope. Make a valid comparison to make a valid point. 

Slay with the focusing on two words out of an entire post, girl!

tumblr_mmjqcunb9b1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

BuzzcutSeason

Gaga probably doesn't feel good after the whole thing too.

She prolly has the same opinion as in she doesn't need special recognition but like both her and lorde idolize bowie and for the family member to throw shade and be shady not talking about her existence is just really awful.

Judas Oyster

I really think Bowie didn't like Gaga as an artist at all and therefore it reflects on comments like these

Tumblr
23 hours ago, Judas Oyster said:

I really think Bowie didn't like Gaga as an artist at all and therefore it reflects on comments like these

This.

There's no point in trying to change anyone's opinion, if you liked it that's all that matters to yourself at the end of the day. I liked it, didn't love it, but I liked it and that's all that matters to me.

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Archived