đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

chromaticainmyhead

I don't know if you've already seen this but it made me kinda sad for a moment, when I first read it. :air:
Bowie's managment posted a statement about Lorde's Tribute at the Brits stating that she "elivered a stylish and beautifully fragile but assured performance, prompting a standing ovation from the capacity crowd and gathered celebrities." 

It's not that I disliked her performance in any way, but I feel a bit irritated to not lose any comment about Gaga's Tribute. Especially the comment section is full of negativity towards Gaga's performance and how much better Lorde's was. :neyde:
Even tho it was very different from Lorde's appearance it was really well done and I literally felt every emotion Gaga transferred with her singing, dancing and visuals. 
At least they could have acknowledged her effort but to do so as it never happened is really disappointing. Just my opinion tho :emma:
What do you think about it?

https://www.facebook.com/davidbowie/posts/10153256794062665

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fernster7

I think they are stupid and immature. It was not a fcking competition, both of them did great and I'm sure David would've appreciated it. It's unnecessary drama.:saladga:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

BLACKOUTbritney

Oh well, this will all be old news as of sunday when the oscars air :gaycat:

LePetitGAGABLover

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie's death will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

I suppose it's a bit immature that they are acknowledging one performance over another, but honestly it's not worth fussing over. Both performances took a different approach to tributing Bowie and hence both should be appreciated individually. There are people that loved Gaga's and there are people that disliked Gaga's just as there would be in regards to Lorde. 

Blue Jeans
7 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

You clearly have no musical knowledge outside of the pop sphere.... Bowie was already a legend even before his death..

His Death only cemented him as one of the greatest, even if he already held that title.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

gagaisitalian

So, it's 100% confirmed, David Bowie didn't like Gaga. 

Gaga's performance was alright, but I think it would have been smart for her to have never honored a man who didn't like her because no matter how well she did, she would still get backlash from his camps.

LePetitGAGABLover
3 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

You clearly have no musical knowledge outside of the pop sphere.... Bowie was already a legend even before his death..

His Death only cemented him as one of the greatest, even if he already held that title.

I never said that he wasn't a legend. I said that after a few years, people will forget his death and this whole Gaga vs Lorde mess. 

artRaver

So immature to be honest. I would be disheartened if I did a tribute for someone who inspired me in so many aspects and shaped my career just for their official camp to say nothing about it, but credit someone else who did the same thing a few weeks. 

Oh well, at the end of the day all she can do is worry about herself. F*ck them, you can't please everyone. Her fanbase and herself know her intentions were good so that's all that matters. :deadbanana:

âśż cherry blossom girl âśż

nobody3089

I'm glad this happened because we all know Bowie didn't like Gaga at all. And I'm sure gaga knew, too he didn't like her.

i feel like out of respect for him she should have declined the offer to do a tribute for him at the grammys.

to me this just made her look really desperate. If he didn't like u, stop pushing it and move on. It's not like he's all that. He's dead anyways. It's not going to change how he felt about u.

Not only did Bowie's management ignore her, even his wife ignored her and she's always posting about Bowie on Instagram. She even posted about lorde.

its really sad cause there were some fans that still had hope that Bowie did like her but now we all know the sad truth

braybray23

It's silly to compare the performances.  Gaga was theatrical and channeled her idol and people are rude to her. I love life on Mars and she's okay but her performance was nothing special imo 

not an okra

Bad Bromance

We shouldn't focus on the negativity.  The American press and a lot of A-listers praised Gaga's Bowie tribute to the heavens so if the UK press and Bowie's management team feel that Gaga didn't do a good job, let them think whatever the f*ck they want.  I happened to like Gaga's performance more than Lorde's boring tribute so at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Himeros26

Many Little Monsters are just so ignorant.

A lot of them can't see or realize the things that created the very Goddess we worship. 

Archived