💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk
15 hours ago, jojuun said:

Imagine if Gaga died today and Selena Gomez turned up at an event with blonde hair and a meat dress and did a medley, would you be here for that?

K6EQj.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PopBitch said:

Considering I listened to Born This Way twice last night and have stated on here I wish it was Gaga in Lorde's place at that Brits tribute, yes. 

Do I think she is Bowie's pen pal?  No.  Just probably another one of all the musicians who have said they contacted Bowie to collaborate and were turned down, like Coldplay, Foo Fighters, etc.

Then you don't need to mock her and invent stories how it really is/was, because the fact is - you don't know.

You don't have to believe her, but it's stupid to assume without any evidences.

FreePalestine

Whispering
50 minutes ago, VampireHeart said:

You don't need to invent this. It's really too far. Are you here for Gaga at all? 

:applause:

This silly little article really brought them out of the woodwork, didn't it? It is their big opportunity. Lol 

Morphine Prince

I wish Gaga would've stuck to the original performance. Bowie's team or whoever runs this are very disrespectful. At least a fake "we appreciate Gaga's performance" would've sufficed. They completely ignored her and his son posted that cryptic, shady Gaga tweet. 

Bowie fans and Gaga fans alike all had deep criticisms of the performance.

I personally think it was good but could've been better, but overall the situation around me leaves me a bitter taste in my mouth. 

Womp womp.

Gaga should've stuck with her original plan.

The instagram pics, the tattoo, the tacky neon orange wigs after the fact. She has no sense of tact sometimes.

gagaforgaga2010

Here's my take on the issue. People in Bowie's camp will like Lorde better no matter what because they refuse to accept what David's legacy created. They would have said the same had Madonna taken her tribute she paid him at her Rebel Heart tour to the Grammy stage. I've always felt like his fans were like vintage hipsters: too cool for school and there's nothing you can say to change their minds. They will always hate performers like Gaga because Gaga lacks subtelty 80% of the time. Lorde is about as subtle as a neutral wall. Doesn't make either bad or better than each other. It's just different. Maybe David was ashamed of his theatrical legacy? It seems Ziggy faded pretty quick to give way to Blackstar era Bowie pretty quickly. Truth is we'll never know the facts other than the people in Bowie's camp did not like Gaga's tribute, but they didn't stop her either. 

chrismugler

He is a legend but so ready to forget about the Tribute and all the stuff. I think his team is f*cking immature and confirms he (Bowie) didn't like Gaga and it's OK..... Not every single person has to like her, not everyone has a good taste for music, talent and art. 

I'm so ready to move on from this and focus on Gaga and HER projects.

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

AbuHassan1992
On 2/26/2016 at 4:57 AM, LePetitMonstr said:

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie's death will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

wow. I don't know what to say

GaGa should of done a boring piano tribute because David Bowie career and music where boring

yes that is me being sarcastic 

LaLuna

I know they're entitled to their opinion, but I'm started to get really ticked off at people implying Gaga's tribute was bad and unworthy of Bowie's legacy. Okay, we all know Bowie was not fond of her, and apparently his family and collaborators (except Nile Rodgers) feel the same, but she did the best she could, ffs. Can't they at least appreciate that? Even if they didn't like the performance, couldn't they at least acknowledge the effort that went into it? I feel bad for Gaga tbh. All this hate from people close to Bowie must be devastating, we know she would never do anything to disrespect the artist she worships the most. 

I don't know why people are getting worked up over this. It was always spoken about that Bowie didn't like Gaga, but he literally hailed Lorde as the future of music... it's kind of obvious who his team and family would be happier about doing a tribute.

Plus, if Gaga died tomorrow and we had Katy Perry do a rushed megamix of random hits whilst "dressed" as Gaga... or we had say Adele stand and sing one song, what would you prefer? Try and think of it on the flipside, it ain't that hard.

I wish they liked her, but they don't. Move on and either continue to enjoy the performance or get upset some people don't like it as much as you.

Alcina Dimitrescu
20 hours ago, VampireHeart said:

You don't have to believe her, but it's stupid to assume without any evidences.

yeah, it's stupid to assume Gaga is telling the truth when:

1- She kinda implied Bowie didnt like her and refused to properly talk about it at Jhonathan Ross

2- No one from Bowie's state or family commented on her tribute, minus his son and it was shade

3- She has a history of, well, lying ("I emailed Madonna about Born This Way")

5 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

yeah, it's stupid to assume Gaga is telling the truth when:

1- She kinda implied Bowie didnt like her and refused to properly talk about it at Jhonathan Ross

2- No one from Bowie's state or family commented on her tribute, minus his son and it was shade

3- She has a history of, well, lying ("I emailed Madonna about Born This Way")

1) Your interpretation. She never said he didn't like her.

2) So what? 

3) or Madonna and her team are liars. Shocking, I know. 

FreePalestine

Alcina Dimitrescu
Just now, VampireHeart said:

1) Your interpretation. She never said he didn't like her.

2) So what? 

3) or Madonna and her team are liars. Shocking, I know. 

1 and 2 go hand to hand.

OOOOOH Madonna team is full of liars but Gaga is telling the truth. Ok, whatever you say.

1452723862429_madonna-bowie.jpg?width=92

2 hours ago, Benji said:

I don't know why people are getting worked up over this. It was always spoken about that Bowie didn't like Gaga, but he literally hailed Lorde as the future of music... it's kind of obvious who is team and family would be happier about doing a tribute.

Plus, if Gaga died tomorrow and we had Katy Perry do a rushed megamix of random hits whilst "dressed" as Gaga... or we had say Adele stand and sing one song, what would you prefer? Try and think of it on the flipside, it ain't that hard.

I wish they liked her, but they don't. Move on and either continue to enjoy the performance or get upset some people don't like it as much as you.

Grammy's would never choose someone like Katy Perry to do a tribute for Gaga.

Gaga was chosen based on her talents, she is the female modern day Bowie and Nile Rodgers, a man close to Bowie, who worked on many of his hits, was with her on stage and praised her performance.

FreePalestine

Archived