💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Official Bowie Statement on Lorde Tribute

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

Andy McQueen
6 minutes ago, gag said:

It shouldn't be sad that some of her idols don't like her - that's their problem tbqh.

But then again, Tony Bennett, Sting, Stevie Wonder, Cher, Elton etc. have all been massive influences to her too and she's friends with all of them. Queen of being friends with her influences. :applause:

True! :sara:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, LePetitMonstr said:

TBH, at this point, not one cares. Bowie's death will be forgotten in the next couple of years anyways. There, I said it. 

In fact, if it wasn't for Gaga, I would of not had ANY clue of who this man is. 

Oh dear God. Educate yourself buddy, there would be no Gaga without Bowie. 

It's funny, because Gaga has taken so much inspiration from the Past. Yet the Past dosn't appreciate her because to them. She seems Alien, attention seeking and annoying. When in reality, all she wanted to do was show the world how great the Past can be. She has shown nothing but love to these people, yet they have been so full of themselves.

Gaga has pretty much been up against this her entire Career.

She needs to get to the point where she dosn't feel like she needs their approval. 

That's when she will be able to create her own Legend.

Now Gaga, can either be depressed one of her biggest Idols didn't like her. Or she can be an inspiration for all of us and show the Future can be just as great as the Past. She can be an example of a more 'bright' future where compassion and understanding is bigger, rather than old values, hate and jealousy.

Obviously Gaga is still only human, so she will probably be depressed for some time.

But it's so, so freaking important, if she want's to become a Legend. She MUST take the higher road.

The past has a tendency to shape the future. But she needs to break this. She is already an inspiration to millions of people. 

She needs to show that a grim past does not have to be an excuse to become a douche.

Ofcourse it's okay not to like Gaga (or anyone for that matter), but it's not going to move us foward.

I really thought someone like Bowie would understand this... But, i guess even he in the end, could not outrun the Past.

Don't you all think that if Bowie's estate REALLY had a problem with Lady Gaga performing a tribute to him, they would have intervened? They had the power and authority to step in and say "no, we do not want her doing this". 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

DrewStevens
4 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I agree with you but a law does not dictate what is right or wrong or what our moral values are.. laws are just opinions with a gun.

I know that. I said that in my opinion and legally it was wrong.

PopBitch

People are being melodramatic.  It's not about not liking her as a person.

They and obviously many longtime Bowie fans didn't like the mimicking David Vegas style tribute.

I didn't like it, except the beginning.  

It's a tribute to the man, and they have the right to find her tribute misplaced. 

Gaga may have idolized David Bowie, just as she does a lot of other artists, it doesn't mean that she "got him" by doing this type of tribute.  I don't think they thought she was being disrespectful on purpose, just that it was a misguided tribute and wasn't respectful to the Bowie they knew and loved and how they wanted a tribute to him to be while morning the man and artist they loved.

They aren't the only ones.

David's son does not run the official facebook site.  He's a movie director.  Bowie's team runs his site.  So stop singling the son out.  Iman didn't like it.  The Bowie team didn't like it.  The longtime Bowie collaborators, like Tony Visconti, his record producer, didn't like it.  On Bowie sites I went on, most didn't like it and felt it had no class, an Elvis tribute.  Most having nothing against Gaga, just avid Bowie fans. They are the ones who know Bowie,.

If Iman didn't like it, who has nothing against Gaga, then they didn't like it.  I get it.  She knew her husband.

Get over it because they ignored the tribute.  That was better than saying something really negative by Iman.  She tweets about the Brits tribute because that was done in accordance to the family's wishes.  

I don't think any of them have anything against Gaga personally, just it turned out for them the tribute wasn't done right.  I so wished she would have done what I wanted and really showcased a beautiful rendition in her own voice of a couple of songs, preferably a Blackstar one as the second, and that the Grammy's did better for David as an intro, than doing an Intel commercial, tacky.  But then the Grammys never got David and it still shows.

Levine
8 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

Many Little Monsters are just so ignorant.

A lot of them can't see or realize the things that created the very Goddess we worship. 

I agree with the first sentence, BUT I cannot blame them THIS TIME. Bowie's family have been only mean and pathetic towards Gaga in the last weeks.

EVERY FAN BASE of every popstar would have acted like the LMs are doing right now. 

11 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

People are being melodramatic.  It's not about not liking her as a person.

They and obviously many longtime Bowie fans didn't like the mimicking David Vegas style tribute.

I didn't like it, except the beginning.  

It's a tribute to the man, and they have the right to find her tribute misplaced. 

Gaga may have idolized David Bowie, just as she does a lot of other artists, it doesn't mean that she "got him" by doing this type of tribute.  I don't think they thought she was being disrespectful on purpose, just that it was a misguided tribute and wasn't respectful to the Bowie they knew and loved and how they wanted a tribute to him to be while morning the man and artist they loved.

They aren't the only ones.

David's son does not run the official facebook site.  He's a movie director.  Bowie's team runs his site.  So stop singling the son out.  Iman didn't like it.  The Bowie team didn't like it.  The longtime Bowie collaborators, like Tony Visconti, his record producer, didn't like it.  On Bowie sites I went on, most didn't like it and felt it had no class, an Elvis tribute.  Most having nothing against Gaga, just avid Bowie fans. They are the ones who know Bowie,.

If Iman didn't like it, who has nothing against Gaga, then they didn't like it.  I get it.  She knew her husband.

Get over it because they ignored the tribute.  That was better than saying something really negative by Iman.  She tweets about the Brits tribute because that was done in accordance to the family's wishes.  

I don't think any of them have anything against Gaga personally, just it turned out for them the tribute wasn't done right.  I so wished she would have done what I wanted and really showcased a beautiful rendition in her own voice of a couple of songs, preferably a Blackstar one as the second, and that the Grammy's did better for David as an intro, than doing an Intel commercial, tacky.  But then the Grammys never got David and it still shows.

And we will feel the same way years from now when someone pays tribute to Lady Gaga after she passes on. It is a natural reaction by Bowie fans, friends, and family. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Iwontell

You can just ignore it and let it go, let it all go...
Gaga doesn't need anybody's approval (Bowie's, his camp's or his family's) and and she has not once complained about it all.
She doesn't care. 
You guys shouldn't care either.
Just forget about it...

You're going on about it as if this was the hugest, most defining moment of her career and she had ****ed it up. And that's so NOT what's going on. It doesn't matter! This tribute, Bowie's influence, whatever his son said, all that will be nothing but footnotes - if they even become that - when ppl talk about her in the future...

The only thing that truly bothers me in all this (and I'm writing in bold, so you read it Bobby) is the way Gaga talks about Bowie...it's such an ass kissing, childlike manner...and getting a tattoo, changing her twitter avi for his album cover, talking about him in every interview...it's too much! I love you, but calm down, sis...the last time you talked like this about someone it was Madonna back in 2010 and look how it turned out...you're not being mean or "not humble" if you show some backbone...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Riot Poof

Not another one of Gaga's idols being a hater.

I'mma keep it tasteful because David Bowie is dead and can't defend himself now, but idk I just feel some type of way about this shade by omission. Oh well. I still enjoyed the tribute. Gaga's gonna get hate no matter what she does, even from her own fans. I'm just glad she "messed up" this performance instead of her performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

45 minutes ago, Riot Poof said:

Not another one of Gaga's idols being a hater.

I'mma keep it tasteful because David Bowie is dead and can't defend himself now, but idk I just feel some type of way about this shade by omission. Oh well. I still enjoyed the tribute. Gaga's gonna get hate no matter what she does, even from her own fans. I'm just glad she "messed up" this performance instead of her performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

every singer gets hate from fans, what's so special?

Riot Poof
1 minute ago, leecy said:

every singer gets hate from fans, what's so special?

I just wanted to touch upon that fact. What about it tho? :green:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived