đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Today Gaga cements herself as a legend

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

If she manages to shock the world with this performance, they won't stop talking about her throughout the game

Morphine Prince
6 minutes ago, PopBitch said:

I think the combo is a great thing and is making this a great run for Gaga and her singing talent.  But singing the National Anthem has been done by lots of others and it didn't make them legends.  Some already were legends or became legends because of their whole career, not one thing cementing it, and some still aren't even after singing great renditions.  Many great singers have done amazing tributes and National Anthems.  Some that come to mind are Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera in her tributes.  They aren't legends because their own original body of work stagnated too soon..

If she nails it, the Bowie thing I think will be something talked about for the ages.

BUT a legend is someone who leaves their own body of tremendous work, like Bowie, The Beatles.  Gaga needs to really pull off this next album and quality songwriting to start cementing that because of the lackluster reception of ARTPOP.  Another lackluster album as far as critical reviews won't be good.  And going off and doing performances of music not her own won't make her a legend.  

All of these amazing performances will definitely be something that adds to her career as versatile and a mega talent, but, no, it doesn't "cement" herself as a legend.  I have faith her next album will be unique and back the high quality Gaga is capable of as a songwriter and visionary musically.  I also have faith Gaga will get there.

Legends aren't called legends in their young career.  It happens over time when you can look back over their body or work and performances and career.   The word is used too loosely when talking about younger acts.

Stop being realistic. Let me stan a bit. 

PopBitch
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Stop being realistic. Let me stan a bit. 

LOL  Okay.

Don't worry.  These are important performances in her career.  I don't mean to minimize them at all.  I'm glad she's everywhere before her next album drops later this year.  .

Morphine Prince
Just now, PopBitch said:

LOL  Okay.

Don't worry.  These are important performances in her career.  I don't mean to minimize them at all.  I'm glad she's everywhere before her next album drops later this year.  .

I know lmao. I actually agree with your post I'm just very excited for this :giveup: 

sipthistea

Not yet. Wait for it, one day we will feel free to call her a legend.

By now, she's one of the biggest icons in contemporary music. 

OMonster

Gaga is an icon. Today, she will only further that status. 

I'm not even ready. 

:giveup:

subtext / fantasy

Jesus.. I'm so scared... I'm stressed I can't stand... OMG... Hold me gurls, help meeh 

Pye69Ni.gif

If I like it, then that's what I get!

PopBitch
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

I know lmao. I actually agree with your post I'm just very excited for this :giveup: 

And don't forget the Oscar performance coming up also.  A triple whammy.

Archived